Ownerpowered Or Hardcore? Your Thoghts/Suggestions!?

DeprecatedLuke's Avatar DeprecatedLuke5/21/14 1:15 pm
6/10/2014 8:17 am
DeprecatedLuke's Avatar DeprecatedLuke
Hello,

I'm thinking what server is better hardcore or overpowered?
And in general I always wanted to know witch server was better !
DeprecatedLuke
Level 7 : Apprentice Dragonborn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

DeprecatedLuke
06/10/2014 8:17 am
looks like hardcore is winning xD but if everyone likes hardcore why everyone makes op servers [well this is your awnser
they think they will get lots of players xD

edit [yt]
[center][list][list][quote][spoiler][/sp[list]oiler[/list][quote][b][b][b][b][i][u][u]juzatest[/u][/u][/i][/b][/b][/b][/b][/quote]][/quote][/list][/list][/center][/hr][/yt]
DeprecatedLuke
06/02/2014 2:33 pm
bamp
DeprecatedLuke
06/01/2014 1:09 pm
poke!!!
And My Thoghts:
Regual Factions Prison Is Boring,,,
Build A base/Pvp/Protect It
OP: Yah Its Fun But.... On The Other Hand Its Not Fun For Long...
Hardcore:
I Don;t Know About That So I'm Asking YOU guys!
PurplePMC
06/02/2014 2:44 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Crafter
Here's the grammatically correct and spell-checked version as far as I can correct.
"m(M)y thoughts: (Capitalization unneeded and "and" is never at the start of a phrase)
r(R)egular Factions Prison: boring...
All one does is build a base, protect it, and pvp.
OP: Yeah, it's fun but on the other hand, it's not fun for long.
Hardcore: I don't know about that, so i'm asking you guys!
DeprecatedLuke
06/10/2014 8:16 am
lameeeeeee
Sshiv
05/23/2014 11:14 am
Level 26 : Expert Mage
I think the dichotomy that your poll has constructed is a misnomer--there are really two options when it comes to servers, and that is OP or UP (Overpowered or Underpowered). The server I started (SeethePvP -- check my forum signature for details) operates on an Underpowered model. I prefer it that way.

I think struggling to find a location to build and then trying to survive is one of the most challenging and entertaining parts of the Minecraft experience, especially on a factions / PvP server like mine. A lot of the players I've gotten have told me that they like the server model because it's not very pay-to-win. Kits are reasonable and progressive, and building a faction base or ranking up doesn't require donations, but it is difficult.

Running an OP server definitely has its advantages--it may even attract more players and bring in more donations for the OP-est of OP kits and armor, but I don't think it's as much fun to play, and that's what I really value as both an Owner and a Player of Minecraft servers.
DeprecatedLuke
05/23/2014 11:01 am
poke?
DeprecatedLuke
05/22/2014 12:10 pm
I agree but theres always "BUT"
In v2 of my server i'll gonna make it hardcore and see how it goes ^.^
EnderPvPsYT
05/22/2014 12:09 pm
Level 24 : Expert Ninja
regular*
HighVoltageNetwork
05/22/2014 12:07 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
Hardcore hardcore hardcore. Balanced game modes are the best in my view yes of course it's fun to hop on a overpowered server and get access to things 'easier' but most overpowered servers are under managed set up incorrectly, full of spam and ugly chat templates. Why? I think it comes down to bad Server Administration and simply no community feel to OP servers (since high flow of in and out traffic), maybe I'm wrong I;m sure there is a server that is opposite to everything I've stated and actually does things in a somewhat 'right' manner, I just haven't stumbled upon one.
TehEpicKewlioness
05/22/2014 11:50 am
Level 22 : Expert Architect
OP servers suck. There is just too many of them.
DeprecatedLuke
05/22/2014 11:29 am
added regual option and Bump?
LegoSpidermanFan
05/21/2014 11:37 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Nerd
no i think he means like op pvp and op factions where u get like diamond tools and armor on join
LegoSpidermanFan
05/21/2014 1:21 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Nerd
*thoughts
Altitude Community
05/21/2014 11:22 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
*overpowered*
*thoughts*
*choice*
*which*

I don't think I would go with either of them. I have never played on an OP server, and I'm not sure how they work, but both seem to be polar opposites, only appealing to those extremists.

If I had to go with one or the other I would probably go with hardcore. OP leaves a lot of questioning, and probably a lot of drama as well- whereas people who play hardcore know what they are getting into and want the challenge. They are probably more mature and better sports in general.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome