Shortcomings of 1.3, things you want to see in 1.4

Scum's Avatar Scum8/1/12 5:36 pm
1 emeralds 1.4k 172
8/10/2012 1:54 pm
victoriagarcia1's Avatar victoriagarcia1
Overall I'm very pleased with the 1.3 update, but there are a few things I think could have made it into the update or things that shouldn't be there, and some things that should be put in 1.4 or a 1.3.2 update.

1. No water in the nether. I can get it legit now, but it's main use is gone...

2. (To be put in a future update) Utility mobs can be in minecarts! I would really like that.

3. Anything else I forget.

Cheers
Scum
Level 11 : Journeyman Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

victoriagarcia1
08/10/2012 1:54 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
How about more mobs like goats , horses, turtles , frogs , birds , lizards ,snakes , penguins

And a monster i call a nightmare a nightmare is a really dark blue and its about 2 blocks high it can transform into a mob but if it hits you it only hits 2 or 3 hearts the way you can tell if its a the mob is the nightmare is that it has light red eyes

XD
twinchicken86
08/10/2012 1:32 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
I'd like to see fish actually as a mob. And I solved the "too many invisible rendered entities" problem:
Fish travel in schools. This school, made up of 20-30 fish, moves as one entity, until the player gets close enough to cast a fishing rod in. Then, the school splits into many entities, one for each fish.

Also, I'd like to see exploding arrows, and fire arrows, which would be crafted by an arrow surrounded by gunpowder, and an arrow and a fire charge in any shape, respectively.
I'd also like to see obsidian tools and armor, with a bit less efficiency/damage/damage reduction than diamond tools/armor but much more durability.
And finally, some kind of completely blast-resistant block that mines somewhat quickly.
VeryMadCrafter
08/10/2012 1:23 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Meme
The thing I'm sure,is that zombies will wear armour and carry weapons.MC wiki told it's planned in 1.4 update.Awesomeeee!
Beeshroom
08/10/2012 1:59 am
Level 41 : Master Mage
An easier way to set up servers to connect with others far away.
MasterPony
08/10/2012 1:58 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Artist
Id like to see more biome choices not just flatland and two others.
Also a biome with floating islands would be spectacular.
And of course a more polished lan system - have had some issues
se where im coming from?
Esmebear
08/10/2012 1:51 am
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Mlem Mlem Bat
You know what, I'll take that advantage on that unfixed issue. Enough room to build a giant evil castle OHH YEAH!
round9000
08/10/2012 1:48 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Blacksmith
Some new mob!!!!!!! (seriously just anything)
Clue
08/10/2012 1:47 am
Level 35 : Artisan Dragon
I personally find it an excellent place to make my base on a multiplayer server. Practically ungriefable, provided that the server has some basic private teleportation commands.
Esmebear
08/10/2012 1:43 am
I know that already, that's why I mentioned they should fix it.
Clue
08/10/2012 12:52 am
Level 35 : Artisan Dragon
White, the upper half of the nether isn't used at all, because they didn't change the Nether's size when they increased the world height.
Esmebear
08/10/2012 12:48 am
Definetly more/better ore tiers, I agree on you on that. We've been mining the same stuff for quite a while, and it's not too hard to gather it either. Maybe more mores in the nether, to make it more challenging.
I also noticed that the upper half of the nether isn't used at all. You can build stuff above the bedrock layer, they should fix that.
And for the love of notch, I want horses soooooo bad.
tricast01
08/06/2012 10:30 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Artist
Hmmm... 1.4? let me think. oh!
1. better aggresive mobs. Creepers = finished but i think maybe skeletons could be more accurate or strafe a bit when an arrow gets shot at it. Zombies could use a boost. Spiders jump on your head and slowly bite you to death(you could whack them off though) That's just an idea. let the criticism commence.
2.New ore tiers. Platinum, Steel, Titanium. Something. If they use one or more. Platinum rarer than gold, requires Steel or better, and slightly stronger than it. Steel, re-smelt iron more durable than iron but not as good as diamonds. Titanium, better than diamonds, as rare as emeralds but in every biome, must be smelted, and can mine obsidian quicker. another idea....
3.Official Mod Making program. Since API is coming, why can't they make one. Easy installation, Easy setup, and Easy mod creation. That's what I want.
well I've spent about 40 minutes typing and watching youtube at the same time (bad idea btw got distracted a lot) so that's what I want
LegalizeTax
08/06/2012 7:54 pm
Level 25 : Expert System
What I want is some more animals. I know about the mo' creatures mod, but I mean to have not as many weird ones. Unicorns are in there and it adds a TON of crafting, which is why it should stay as a mod. The animal I really want is a bear, but it would have... personality and colors based on the biome. They only appear in Mountains, rivers, forests, and taigas. The ones in the mountains and forests are brown, but the one in the mountains looks for a cave at night (Then sleeps there if it finds one until the time is 300), while the one in the forest sleep on the ground until the same time. This is the same with the river bear and taiga bear. When killed, they can drop these items:
0-3 raw fish
1-6 leather
0-5 bones
Rare drops:
Chainmail armor
Stone weapons (One of them is enchanted with sharpness II Fire Aspect I)

The bear at the river is black and the one in the taiga is white.
Bears would be neutral mobs, attack when attacked, or if a player walks within 10 blocks of them while they are sleeping without sneaking.
This would require a LOT of coding, and if it even makes it, the most recently it can come out is maybe 1.5, or 1.6.
LegalizeTax
08/06/2012 7:42 pm
mariozplaze
Giroman23I think there should be some obsidian tools and armor. it would make obsidian much more useful, and it wouldn't take ages to mine obsidian

There's mods for obsidian tools and armor, and the mining time should be decreased because in the real world obsidian is like glass

Actually, Obsidian is Volcanic glass that, if thin enough, can be broken like a toothpick. I am NOT try to seem like a know-it-all, because I know I often make mistakes.
bugbloxer1558
08/06/2012 7:40 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Hunter
Redstone is a dust it shouldn't have armor they should add copper and steel to the game and sponges spawning in ocean biomes would be weird
you should be able to make sponges with 9 yellow wool.
LegalizeTax
08/06/2012 7:44 pm
I like your idea with sponges, but that would be too easy. perhaps 8 Yellow wool around an empty bucket would be a better recipe due to the fact that, if the coding was fixed, sponges are supposed to remove liquids within a certain radius of the sponge.
Woodilicious
08/06/2012 7:30 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
They should increase the height of the map to 500, and once you reach that height you are teleported to the moon. It would be made of Moon Stone, which can be made into moon tools, which are dimly lit for an infinite light source while mining, but only last a specific amount of time instead of an amount of uses. Plus, on the moon there should be less gravity, so instead of jumping 1 block up, you jump 4. Also, it would not have a max height, instead after getting 200 or so blocks up, you float away and slowly suffocate. Also, in order to survive on the moon, you have to have an area covered with glass so that there is oxygen. Without it you could last 30 seconds before suffocating. If you go to it with food, the food gets destroyed, unless you dehydrate it by crafting it with flint and steel under it. Plus, if the moon was added, Notch/Jeb would have the chance to add a new mob. I'm pretty sure you know where I'm going with this, but in case you don't, I mean Aliens. They would be able to fly, and Can teleport to the Overworld, where they have ray guns, which act like an air paint brush. It slowly destroys blocks, including Obsidian and bedrock, but cannot destroy Moonstone. Aliens can only be brought to Earth once entering the Moon.
Giroman23
08/06/2012 7:22 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Skinner
I think there should be some obsidian tools and armor. it would make obsidian much more useful, and it wouldn't take ages to mine obsidian
mariozplaze
08/06/2012 7:33 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
There's mods for obsidian tools and armor, and the mining time should be decreased becuase in the real world obsidian is like glass
Giroman23
08/06/2012 10:08 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Skinner
I know about the mod, but my computer cannot handle mods, plus i think that should be available to anyone who has the actual game
mariozplaze
08/06/2012 7:16 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
I honestly think there aren't enough liquids in the game. Maybe crude oil that's found DEEP underground to use as a more efficient fuel for furnaces or traps. Another could be a separate water for swamps that is murky, slows down character, etc. Or maybe even liquid sulphur in the Nether, and it solidifies in the Overworld
jm3977
08/06/2012 2:14 am
Level 49 : Master Slime Tamer
Lapis Luzli Armour and tools! That would be epic!
Splitmine
08/06/2012 1:59 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
I would like to see something like the Aether, and Mod API like they say they are going to put.
Sam140832
08/06/2012 1:39 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Mage
lapis lazulie needs to be renamed to bluestone
SparklesFTW
08/06/2012 1:39 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Artist
I personally believe that the movement of the players should be enhanced. I don't have the Smart Moving Mod but I think maybe they should implement something similar to it in the game. Maybe for fighting they can have actions like deflecting, sidestepping, ducking, and jumping to evade attacks, and to fight you have to click to begin your sword stroke and then move your mouse across the screen in the direction you want to swing. You could also move your sword slower while you're hungry and move it faster while you aren't. Maybe similar to the Smart Moving Mod you can climb things. I hate wasting wood and cobblestone to climb my way up mountains. Finally, swimming and boats. Swimming should have a different animation than just bobbing up and down and walking. You should have to move your mouse in a certain motion to swim. The only purposes for the mouse right now is to pick blocks, break blocks, place blocks, punch, use crafting tables, furnaces, etc. and go in vehicles.
One last thing I've wanted for a while is a dream world. If you go to sleep there would be a rare chance of you going into a new dimension with new mobs called the Dream World. Whether you have a dream or nightmare could be based on how many mobs you fought in the day. Dreams would have only peaceful mobs while nightmares would have only hostile mobs. Your items wouldn't be brought with you to the Dream World. You can only stay in the Dream World until it's day. Surviving the Dream World would fill your remaining inventory slots with items from the Dream World that you collected (possibly new ores and mob drops from new mobs). Dying would not kill the player but you would lose your EXP and items from the Dream World.
If any of you are still reading, then props to you.
LightninDude
08/06/2012 1:30 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
who has seen Oban Starracers? well that guy that shoots arrows how the arrow was like enchanted. they should add enchantable arrows
SparklesFTW
08/06/2012 1:43 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Artist
I played a server with a plugin where there were guilds. They didn't serve a major purpose but they allowed each guild to have special abilities. Some were poison swords, fire arrows, and more. Arrows still don't have enchantments so maybe they can have a sharpness enchantment, and then move on to poison-tipped arrows, fire arrows, and lightning arrows, all that overkill stuff XD The only problem with enchanted arrows is that they're stackable so each kind of enchant would have its own stack. Or they could always make it so that you can enchant them in groups of 64
ThePork
08/06/2012 1:25 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Taco
1. They should and more farmable things ( I like farming )
2. Something to do with the craploads of cocoa beans i have now besides makeing a ton of cookies
eldin
08/06/2012 12:45 am
Level 31 : Artisan Geek
cmg, those are already potions ._.
cmg112
08/05/2012 12:12 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
I would like to see more armours and ores in the game. Also a new underground/super big caves biome. Maybe some more enchantments like jump, swiftness and poisen?
SwagHooves
08/04/2012 1:59 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Narwhal
Horses.
Woodilicious
08/04/2012 1:53 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Sponges Draining Water Again.
DeathWings
08/04/2012 1:50 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Taco
redstone blocks. if redstone is placed on it, it will go for infinite instead of 15 blocks
ttppg99
08/04/2012 1:49 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Why does everyone think when you kill the dragon you complete the game you get the egg and xp and after the credits the game goes on like normal
htay7073
08/04/2012 1:48 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Engineer
They need to fix the lighting on the tamed wolves, they always seem to be black or grey They need to make them white all the time, or maybe even make them different colors like brown and stuff!
The Robster
08/04/2012 1:44 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer
Click to reveal
What might be in 1.4: Fish Mobs, More animals like horses,sharks etc and more.

I want:
End tools (Made from End stone)
End armour (Made from End stone)
Be able when you shoot (with arrows) the dragon egg in end you can pick it up and spawn a tamed baby ender dragon in the normal world. And a special end saddle which can only be used on an ender dragon.
Captain_Muffins
08/04/2012 1:35 pm
Level 25 : Expert Ninja
I would like to see Fish! they have the coding just no model made for it yet..... common Fish we need Fish!! FISH
eldin
08/04/2012 1:29 pm
Add sharks? Totally. Remove boats? No way. Remove end? The only thing close to that that I'd do would be to remove that long script of nonsense at the "end" of the game and ender crystals. Remove squid? No, but to make them intresting, maybe Jeb could make them passive, so when you hit them, they attack you! Just my input
mexican_chief
08/04/2012 9:32 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Taco
After reading alot of replies, I must assume I'm the only person who finds ocean biomes a haven for pussies and those who are scared of pvp and mobs.

What I'd like to see: the addition of sharks.
Why: While squids spawn there, they do NOTHING at all, unless you like black wool.( Mojang, remove squids, think of somewhere less crap to get black dye.) Sharks would make the ocean somewhere less horrible, they would mean you couldn't just put something small and heavy, like a pebble, on your "w" key and go talk to your friends while your character rides a boat - which happen to be one of the worst things to happen to minecraft in a long time, as it defeats the point of hunger and you can't be killed by mobs at sea. Boats are also way to weak, and I find myself getting very annoyed at noobs who attempt to escape me on one, only to get shot. In other words, boats suck. So, adding sharks will give the ocean more of a purpose that isn't "a place I go to stay alive".

-Add sharks.
-Remove boats.
-Remove end, even though lots of people have already said that.

Anyone agree?
No?
No one?
Fuzzy Wuzzy
08/04/2012 5:27 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer
I see a lot of post requesting new stuff added...

I can't happen to think if none have heard the saying
"Sometimes less is more"

Think on it for a minute.

Right now minecraft is a semi blank canvas.
Opening the world to imagination and creativity.

If you start to paint on the canvas a theme... a path will emerge.
If you start to add lasers than it is no longer possible to fit the imagination of pirates.
If you add guns it no longer fits with imagination of medieval

The world isn't suppose to be themed to open the possibility of imagination...
To play it with a theme that is what mod's are for.

That is why I made my earlier statements of distaste for ender chest and trip wire.
It is not so much that I dislike those specific things... but that it is actually focusing on a theme instead of the game itself.
nevermindstar
08/04/2012 8:54 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Dragon
Well said.
eldin
08/04/2012 4:48 am
@Packo
Edited it, thanks for the input! Should I change anything else?
Packo29
08/04/2012 5:18 am
Level 1 : New Mage
Nah. Like I said, I liked all of the other ideas.
Packo29
08/04/2012 4:04 am
Level 1 : New Mage
@eldin

I love all the ideas except the wand. They're cool and all, but no matter how rare, they seem a bit over-powered. If you've ever played Hack/Mine, I think if there's a wand, it should be like those. A simple wand with a set amount of attack for the materials you make them with. Left click for a melee attack, and right click for a Fireball, Darkness ball or Ball of Light, which would match with the wands, and your Pegasi, Alicorns, ETC

What I would really love to see is friends lists. Not a huge update to the game itself, but how awesome would that be? And it shouldn't just be a normal friends list, what would be interesting is if it was like PSN. You can see who's online, message them, see what they're playing, and join what they're playing. And also, I know it's probably not the best idea, but I think it'd be cool to be able to 'call' with people on your friends list and voice chat as well.

My input.
fire897
08/04/2012 3:28 am
Level 37 : Artisan Droid
You know what they should add? Jeb even mentioned this at minecon last year briefly but hasnt implemented it. friends lists! For the most part I like the 1.3 update. I just think they could have done a better job with the trading system.
Swappcub
08/04/2012 1:37 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Network
Greatest Idea Ever
PyroDalmatian
08/04/2012 3:23 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Zombie
Capes in vanilla minecraft, there were rumors about them making some, but they didn't put them in the end D;.
nevermindstar
08/04/2012 3:29 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Dragon
They are in vanilla. its just made so only special people can get it. They wont be a special award if everyone walks with a cape. So i think they wont put them most likely.
eldin
08/04/2012 3:15 am
Doom, this has no particular point to what I'm saying, and you might already know, but before they changed it to Emerald, Ruby was used in its place, only as a test. Link.

Yay, queen of teh page!

The following is not really in Minecraft. Warning! Be prepared to read a lot. Here is a complete list of what I want in 1.4:
-Fish Mob
-Better Villager textures, perhaps new jobs
-Genders with Mobs (EXAMPLE: Rams would have horns and are faster, can jump two blocks high, and maybe slight texture change, while ewes are rather feminine in texture, but other than that, the same.)
-The choice to choose male or female when you make a minecraft account. Males are like now, females have breasts.
-Rainbows! After it rains, for about a minecraft day, a rainbow will appear. If you manage to get to it before it vanishes, you will get to a chest full of emeralds, diamonds, and gold!
-Villages are more common.
-Skylands
-A phoenix as the boss. As big as a large ghast, can shoot fireballs, and if you touch it, you get on fire. Your sword has fire aspect enchantment for 15 seconds after you hit it with a sword. It could drop fire charges, fire wand, and flaming feather. The flaming feather is just decoration, however, you may use it as a regular feather if you wish, but it is just a trophy, rather like the dragon egg from an ender dragon. And I'll explain all about the fire wand when we get there.
-Another new mob: angel. No real purpose, drops feathers, wool, and glowstone dust when you kill it. Can fly. Looks like a player, but with white (not white skin, but like the englishmen, asians, etc etc etc) skin, light blue with white rimmed robes, and large, white, feathery wings.
-A new block: Skysand. replaces grass in the skylands rather like Mycelium in Mushroom Biomes. Unlike Mycelium, and Grass for that matter, Skysand can be used in tools, armor, and swords. A bit stronger than wood, but not quite reaching stone durability. Can mine even diamond regularly, though.
-The Skylands portal. Make it like an aether portal from the aether mod, but the portal color is white instead of light blue (I think, I've never used any mod except mo creatures, and invedit. I got rid of those (Invedit gave me a extremely bad amount of severe viruses for some reason, and mo creatures isnt updated... I think it's still in alpha, unless they updated it recently.))
-Horses. There are 5 types: Horse, Pegasus, Unicorn, Alicorn, and Dark Alicorn. Horse is rideable, you can use a saddle on it, and saddles can be crafted: . They don't to anything special, and can be white, black, brown, or any mixture of the three. They drop leather. Pegasi are like horses, but with wings. You can ride them. They can fly. The color variations are white, baby pink, or baby blue. They drop feathers and leather. Unicorns are like horses also, but instead of wings, like pegasi, they have unihorns. You can ride them. They can not, however, be controlled, and they have "magic" that they will shoot at you from their unihorns if you hit them. They can be only white and light lavender. They drop unihorns and leather. Unihorns are used in wands, which I'll be telling you about later. Alicorns are a combination of unicorns and pegasi, with both unihorns and wings. They can't be ridden, and are extremely rare. Can fly, will shoot you with extra-powerful magic from their unihorns when you hit them, and drop unihorns, feathers, and leather. Dark alicorns are even rarer and are hostile, and the colors they can be are black, dark red, and dark purple. The "magic" they shoot out of their unihorns are, instead of the usual cream-color, the color of obsidian.
-Wands. There is a basic recipe for wands: . The arrow is supposed to represent a unihorn, which has no other use. There are three wands: normal, which is the crafting recipe above, fire, which can only be obtained legitimely by killing the phoenix, the skylands boss, and ender, which endermen drop very rarely. Normal shoots "magic" similar to a unicorn's or alicorn's, and you can generate a 5-second sheild. Fire wand shoots fire balls, and can light fires. Ender wand can teleport you to a random point (at the surface of course XD) anywhere within 10 blocks, and can shoot purple lasers.

Did you read all that? Probably not. Oh, well. If you're reading this, that probably means you've finished. Congats for no paticular reason.
liamcb
08/04/2012 12:35 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Mage
I think Lapis armor and maybe tools and Emerald tools and armor I LOVE GEMS
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome