The query of the shadows which appear during the day.

X3Kross's Avatar X3Kross10/12/11 8:35 am
10/12/2011 3:38 pm
Nox Aeterna's Avatar Nox Aeterna
There are some places, that are hard to ignore in the minecraft word... so dark that one would think a chunk of the abyss had risen to meet them..... literally. But when you approach and interact with these shadows, be it by placing a torch or removing a block nearby, they shadow scatters and disapears almost instantly. So my question is this. What are they? Endermen hidden in the daylight or a chunk of the Enderworld leaking through the cracks of minecraftia? Who knows. What ever the cause of these fiendish points of zero light, they are impossible to ignore, or wipe out as of yet. What do you believe they are?
X3Kross
Level 43 : Master Archer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/12/2011 3:38 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Blob
Nox Aeterna
@ X3Kross haha you tested 69% positive lol
10/12/2011 3:33 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Robot
sylergcs
im not trolling i literally dont believe in halo ween. well at liest not the corperate dress up drible most ppl do i believe in the original and true meening of all hallows eve
10/12/2011 11:22 am
X3Kross
well f*** my java plugin lol

Side note: Only happens in SP not SMP maybe that's the problem?
10/12/2011 11:20 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Architect
ozScOpEzo
X3Kross
Lord_MorgoMine craft is a survival game! Of course there are shadows and creepy dark caves, foo!

..... you don't get what I'm saying. The glitch where there will be a very INTENSE shadow where it ought not be. even if a torch is placed nearby or it's daylight out it will not vanish.

ozScOpEzoBlock 36

not talking about block 36 either, I was talking about the glitch factor of the shading. It disappears when you interact with a block adjacent or within it, the shadow will vanish. Is no one else getting this?

well, mate, your minecrafts f*cked, ive not seen any 'shadows' ever.
10/12/2011 10:57 am
Level 45 : Master Pirate
PlankGang
Mine craft is a survival game! Of course there are shadows and creepy dark caves, foo!
10/12/2011 11:11 am
X3Kross
..... you don't get what I'm saying. The glitch where there will be a very INTENSE shadow where it ought not be. even if a torch is placed nearby or it's daylight out it will not vanish.

ozScOpEzoBlock 36

not talking about block 36 either, I was talking about the glitch factor of the shading. It disappears when you interact with a block adjacent or within it, the shadow will vanish. Is no one else getting this?
10/12/2011 10:54 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Architect
ozScOpEzo
Block 36 is a block mostly used by pistons. It is a side effect of the method of storing moving blocks as tile entities instead of entities. This block's color, when located next to a block in the world, is black. When a block next to it is removed, it becomes invisible, can be walked through, and when light passes through it the light level decreases by 1. They are unbreakable by traditional methods; however, can be removed by right-clicking. The game treats the block as stone when it comes to breaking animation and step sound. In the inventory it has a top of grass block texture in terrain.png, presumably since it is the first texture, and it cannot be placed
10/12/2011 10:43 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
Testicleese
They are the shadow kin. Great and mysterious beings of the dark realm. Once messengers to the inquisitor, the shadow kin rebelled and fought to free themselves from bondage. They are evil in nature due to the mistrust they hold for all living things. In battle they can form behind their victim grabbing hold while slipping into the void only to reappear high in the sky dropping their victim to their doom. They have also been known to grab hold of prey, slip into the void and place a victim in trees, rocks, or mountain sides as they are fond of watching a slow and torturous death.. Beware these creatures, for they bode ill omen..
10/12/2011 10:45 am
X3Kross
just the answer I was looking for lol
10/12/2011 9:44 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Dwarf
IBloodstormI
Lighting glitch
10/12/2011 9:27 am
sylergcs
i wouldnt know i dont believe in halloween
10/12/2011 10:23 am
X3Kross
hahahahaha! that is very funny. you troll you.
10/12/2011 9:00 am
sylergcs
its just a light glitch it happens, but yes they are creepy
"we are the things, you see. out of the corner of your eye"
10/12/2011 9:07 am
X3Kross
i know..... perfect for Halloween hiding holes no?
10/12/2011 8:51 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Musician
panhead86
I kmow what you mean... But my guess is they're just a glitch in the lighting engine. Notch built a new engine for 1.8, so one could expect some bugs. It'll probably be fixed in the next update. They are creepy though...
10/12/2011 8:45 am
X3Kross
I'm talking about the pitch black random spots of shadow that appear IG......
does no one else get this or is it just me?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome