Is this illegal?

EnderPvPsYT's Avatar EnderPvPsYT7/3/14 3:15 pm
1 emeralds 2.6k 159
7/3/2014 11:26 pm
Mishkia's Avatar Mishkia
Alright, so today and several occasions , Someone I know called Shannon has taken my picture.

It's inside school & Refused to delete after I've said Stop, Delete it please many times

Is this a problem or illegal or something? She won't delete and schools not doing nothing - she's just like ah I'm gonna put it all over Facebook later and she did, my friend messaged me it ^_^
EnderPvPsYT
Level 24 : Expert Ninja

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Mishkia
07/03/2014 11:26 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Procrastinator
Afootpluto
These have been compressed and uncompressed so many time they lose some of the detail when that happens. And i give them to my school to upload and like i said these r old photos.

No, no they don't "loose detail" they stay exactly the same when you upload them, "compress" and decompress.
xtvwerf
07/03/2014 11:23 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Just stop lying, seriously.
Afootpluto
07/03/2014 11:22 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Ninja
samfirehawk
Tanasmmo
Afootplutowww.flickr.com/photos/dobynsbennettband/10332221455/in/set-72157636661431126
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dobynsben ... 6661431126

You didn't just upload these. Its July, 2014. These were uploaded in September, 2013.

Don't look edited, or professional.
And you said you "just finished editing"? Ehh, No.

Also just wanna point out all of these https://www.flickr.com/photos/dobynsbennettband/

These have been compressed and uncompressed so many time they lose some of the detail when that happens. And i give them to my school to upload and like i said these r old photos.
samfirehawk
07/03/2014 11:22 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Network
None edited.. none "professional" they just look like they were shoved online without anything done, not even an inch to make them look good.[/quote]

What I am saying
xtvwerf
07/03/2014 11:21 pm
Afootpluto
xtvwerf
Afootplutowww.flickr.com/photos/dobynsbennettband/10332221455/in/set-72157636661431126

I thought you said you had to upload them and that you "edit" your photos.
These photos were uploaded about 10 months ago and don't look edited at all.

These r older photos.

Why did you say you have to upload them first, why not just post these links.

Honestly dude, your story is a lie, you are just digging yourself a deeper hole.
Mishkia
07/03/2014 11:20 pm
samfirehawk
Tanasmmo

You didn't just upload these. Its July, 2014. These were uploaded in September, 2013.

Also just wanna point out all of these https://www.flickr.com/photos/dobynsbennettband/

None edited.. none "professional" they just look like they were shoved online without anything done, not even an inch to make them look good.
xtvwerf
07/03/2014 11:19 pm
On the more legal note, these kids most likely signed a form allowing pictures to be taken of them, I know my school does that. So your whole theory of "professional" photographers' special laws are invalid.
samfirehawk
07/03/2014 11:19 pm
Tanasmmo

Afootpluto
07/03/2014 11:18 pm
xtvwerf

These r older photos.
Mishkia
07/03/2014 11:17 pm

xtvwerf
07/03/2014 11:17 pm

ASF
07/03/2014 11:15 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
samfirehawk
07/03/2014 11:15 pm

These kids are smiling first of all showing no struggle and also since you`ve never been sued or taken to court of justice and have no what so ever of privacy laws I believe you should take a bit more time and search. Also Professional implys you do this for a living and since its a high school your not a professional its technically a hobby.
samfirehawk
07/03/2014 11:05 pm
Its moraly wrong and the OP can take action. but not to an extend on taking it with a magistrate maybe if said person keeps doing it (on what Ive been taught by officers if it repeated 3 times then its bulling if not its harmless)
samfirehawk
07/03/2014 11:03 pm
Afootpluto
xtvwerf

Ok first of all, that would only take like 1 minute to upload.

Second, it sounds like a really lousy excuse.

Thirdly, it's sad that you have to lie to complete strangers about being a "professional photographer".

Do u know anything about internet speeds. Because i can only upload less than 1 megabyte per second and each file is 14 megabytes and i have 100 files.

then do 10 on Imgur and link us simple
xtvwerf
07/03/2014 11:03 pm
Afootpluto
xtvwerf

Thirdly, it's sad that you have to lie to complete strangers about being a "professional photographer".

Do u know anything about internet speeds. Because i can only upload less than 1 megabyte per second and each file is 14 megabytes and i have 100 files.

I only asked for 1 file, not 100. One file will take no longer than 30 seconds.
Again, sounding like more excuses.
xtvwerf
07/03/2014 11:02 pm
Not that sad actually. Sure, they couldn't track you with your job, but would you really trust someone you're seeing on the internet? For all we know you are a five year old, or a potato.[/quote]

That is true.. however, if they get accustomed to lying on the internet, it may affect how they act in real life.
Afootpluto
07/03/2014 10:59 pm
xtvwerf

Mishkia
07/03/2014 10:57 pm
xtvwerf
Afootpluto
xtvwerf
Proof would be nice.

i usually edit about 100 photos. And each photo is like 14 Megabytes. And my internet is only 5 megabit per second so it will take forever for me to upload them.

Not that sad actually. Sure, they couldn't track you with your job, but would you really trust someone you're seeing on the internet? For all we know you are a five year old, or a potato.
Ghost Sailor
07/03/2014 10:57 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Aethroz's answers are the correct ones here. School is a private place. You only allow the school to photograph you.

Now, as to handling it, use Aethroz's answers. If those all fail, talk to the girl's parents. You're really too young for a lawsuit, and I doubt this is that important.
xtvwerf
07/03/2014 10:55 pm
Afootpluto
xtvwerf
Proof would be nice.

i usually edit about 100 photos. And each photo is like 14 Megabytes. And my internet is only 5 megabit per second so it will take forever for me to upload them.

Afootpluto
07/03/2014 10:49 pm
xtvwerf
Proof would be nice.

xtvwerf
07/03/2014 10:45 pm
You must have some proof of these edits then, right?[/quote]
Yes. What do u want me to do, post them on PMC?[/quote]

Proof would be nice.
Afootpluto
07/03/2014 10:42 pm
xtvwerf
Afootpluto
xtvwerf
Why are you replying then? Shouldn't you be working on editing your professional photos, because you are a "professional" photographer.

Because i have finished all my editing for today. And i am doing this on my free time.

You must have some proof of these edits then, right?

Yes. What do u want me to do, post them on PMC?
xtvwerf
07/03/2014 10:41 pm
Afootpluto
xtvwerf
Why are you replying then? Shouldn't you be working on editing your professional photos, because you are a "professional" photographer.

Because i have finished all my editing for today. And i am doing this on my free time.

You must have some proof of these edits then, right?
Find Them Creepers
07/03/2014 10:40 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon
If it's illegal, we're all criminals.
Mishkia
07/03/2014 10:52 pm
You can't really automatically assume everyone has taken a picture of anyone at school. You have, at least though probably more, 7.046 billion (2012's calculation, gotten from Google) people that you are assuming for.

Of course, I can't speak for that 7.046 billion plus people, but I'm just saying.. You can't exactly assume everyone in the world has, which basically you said you're assuming everyone has taken at least one photo of someone in school, now if you meant everyone/anyone on Planet Minecraft? Could be possible at.. meehhh... 78% through 98%? (Estimation, may not be accurate.)
McJackson3180
07/03/2014 10:56 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Ladybug
I've never taken a picture of anyone except when I was asked to.
Mishkia
07/03/2014 10:58 pm
Same, which no one has asked me to.
Afootpluto
07/03/2014 10:40 pm
xtvwerf

xtvwerf
07/03/2014 10:35 pm
To be a "professional" anything, shouldn't you have at least decent grammar? You don't show that at all here.[/quote]
My profession is taking pictures and editing them. And not to type things like this reply.[/quote]

Find Them Creepers
07/03/2014 10:34 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon
Its not illegal but you could get "Shannon" in trouble for it.
Aethroz
07/03/2014 10:33 pm
Level 25 : Expert Cowboy
Mods/Admin, please. These people are confusing OP and readers with their lies and random "facts". I don't want students thinking they can't do anything about bullies, and people taking their pictures.

OP: You need to tell the Vice Principal. Then go to the front office and ask for an Incident Report. Fill it out. State how it is affecting your emotions, how person is bullying you, and how it prevents you from learning. You should mention it to the Counselor if you can. When you go home, tell your mum/dad/guardian.
If person does it again, tell the VP, Counselor, and your mum/dad.
If the pictures are not removed immediately, and VP/Counselor aren't doing anything, you have the right to contact the police. Just call their office and say the school isn't handling you being bullied, and pictures of you are being posted on social media without your permission.
xtvwerf
07/03/2014 10:36 pm
I honestly don't think OP has even read any of these replies.
Aethroz
07/03/2014 10:39 pm
Level 25 : Expert Cowboy
If so,
And when he gets on and sees 11 pages of replies? Confusing.
Afootpluto
07/03/2014 10:32 pm
xtvwerf
Afootpluto
samfirehawk
I simply asked the magical place call GOOGLE ever heard of it and Ive also have referenced family members and good job on the 16 year old thing congrats you are the youngest professional anything ive ever met

I know i am young for a professional. How long does it take for people to learn age doesnt matter as much anymore. And actually where i live there is many teen photographers.

To be a "professional" anything, shouldn't you have at least decent grammar? You don't show that at all here.

My profession is taking pictures and editing them. And not to type things like this reply.
xtvwerf
07/03/2014 10:30 pm
Afootpluto
samfirehawk
I simply asked the magical place call GOOGLE ever heard of it and Ive also have referenced family members and good job on the 16 year old thing congrats you are the youngest professional anything ive ever met

I know i am young for a professional. How long does it take for people to learn age doesnt matter as much anymore. And actually where i live there is many teen photographers.

To be a "professional" anything, shouldn't you have at least decent grammar? You don't show that at all here.
Afootpluto
07/03/2014 10:29 pm
samfirehawk

xtvwerf
07/03/2014 10:27 pm
Proof that you are 16:
http://www.enjin.com/profile/3644791/info
It says you're 16.

How do I know that's you?:
Under your enjin profile name, it says PlutoCraft, the same name of the server you posted here on PMC.
samfirehawk
07/03/2014 10:25 pm
If your in the school you have a pass/ sign in if they see you with a big camera they kinda know what your doing so you have a unspoken agreement + if any of the children`s parents actually did not want it your (word) would be sued, its pretty simple.

(afootpluto) /quote] So sue me. It wont come to anything so. Just a waste of ur time.[/quote]

A case like that can be around 600-50k depending on where in school and consent from school So not to much of a waste of time and also your looking at some jail time do to some other laws (Creeping)[/quote]
Where do u get ur info?[/quote]

Afootpluto
07/03/2014 10:21 pm
samfirehawk
Afootpluto
samfirehawk
Yes i have taken pictures of minors at school. I didnt have the school's permission. I am like the unofficial Band photographer technically i dont have permission. And yes i do know privacy laws. I will explain them to u. U allowed to take picture anywhere that u dont expect privacy. The end of the law.

If your in the school you have a pass/ sign in if they see you with a big camera they kinda know what your doing so you have a unspoken agreement + if any of the children`s parents actually did not want it your (word) would be sued, its pretty simple.

(afootpluto) /quote] So sue me. It wont come to anything so. Just a waste of ur time.

A case like that can be around 600-50k depending on where in school and consent from school So not to much of a waste of time and also your looking at some jail time do to some other laws (Creeping)

Where do u get ur info?
Fixtional18
07/03/2014 10:12 pm
Fight her
Afootpluto
07/03/2014 10:13 pm
That might actually cause a legal issue. So no.
samfirehawk
07/03/2014 10:08 pm
Also going to put this out there. School(public) in the USA all your Rights are striped away any laws about privacy DO NOT apply in this situation. Usually schools make you and your parent(s)/Guardian sign a document with all the rules on it, look through that if not report to facebook. Even if I am wrong about the school thing I am 99% sure your parents will not hire a Lawyer for your "Problem"
Afootpluto
07/03/2014 10:08 pm
xtvwerf
Afootpluto
xtvwerf
As far as my school goes, if you are not a student or worker of the school, you need to get a pass and sign in/out and stuff to get into the school. They don't require a pass to get into a public park now do they?

Do u need a special pass to get a ticket to a football game? No

I'm talking about a school, not a recreational field. Rules in a sports field are much different than those of a school. They aren't enforced as much. Again, it all depends on that school's policy.

I was talking about a school Football game. That is on school property.
xtvwerf
07/03/2014 10:03 pm
Afootpluto
xtvwerf
As far as my school goes, if you are not a student or worker of the school, you need to get a pass and sign in/out and stuff to get into the school. They don't require a pass to get into a public park now do they?

I'm talking about a school, not a recreational field. Rules in a sports field are much different than those of a school. They aren't enforced as much. Again, it all depends on that school's policy.
pipca
07/03/2014 10:01 pm
Level 26 : Expert Taco
It's not illegal, but it is both bullying and cyberbullying.

TIPS
Report it on facebook (if possible.)
Talk to your parents and your friend's parents.
Afootpluto
07/03/2014 9:58 pm
Swimmer1929
Afootpluto
TraedpoD
Schools make their own rules regarding photographs of students. However, it IS private property, and not entirely open to the public. People cannot simply visit a school without having specific business there, such as being hired to take the pictures, or being a parent/relative and so forth. Additionally, the person who took the OP's picture doesn't photograph on behalf of the school.

The only allowed usage of photographs of minors is for editorial purposes, and that is NOT what this person had in mind for the OP's image. Therefore, it is an infringement of rights.

So if i go in to a high school football game and take a picture of the high school football team. That has high school students in it that are minors. And i cant post it on facebook? If i wasn't hired from the school.

That's completely legal. People do it all the time and so does our local newspaper. You DON'T expect privacy at a football game. I don't see what's so illegal about that.

Exactly
Afootpluto
07/03/2014 9:58 pm
xtvwerf

Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome