I Want to make a Texture Pack

SlayahShaky's Avatar SlayahShaky8/17/12 5:32 pm
1 emeralds 121 5
8/17/2012 6:19 pm
SlayahShaky's Avatar SlayahShaky
I want to make a texture pack but don't know how. If you could help me that would be amazing and then we could make one together. So if you know how to make one and can help please message as soon as possible.
SlayahShaky
Level 25 : Expert Dragon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/17/2012 6:19 pm
SlayahShaky
ok that was realy useful i will try photoshop if i dont like gimp and when your done with your texture pack i would love to see it
08/17/2012 6:05 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Archer
DiamondQuiver
Well, I'm making a texture pack too. So I'll let you create this one on your own

I feel like the above comments aren't descriptive enough, even though they're right. So here's my version....Instructions for Windows.
1. Have inspiration. You have to at least know what you want to change, otherwise you might give up more easily. It also helps to have a theme.
2. Download either 7zip or winrar.
3. Run the program you just installed and navigate to your .minecraft folder. Click on .bin and then click minecraft.jar
4. The files you want to send to a new folder are...

terrain.png
pack.txt
particles.png
pack.png

And send these whole folders, too...

achievements
armor
art
environment
font
gui
item
misc
mob
terrain
title

5. You can edit all of these files with any image editing software that supports transparency. I use Photoshop, but that's my personal preference. If you want to create an HD texture pack, change the size of every file (except the misc folder) using the chart.

For 16x16, keep the size the same.
For 32x32, multiply by 2
For 64x64, multiply by 4.
for 128x128, multiply by 6.

6. Do not change any file names. It will mess up your game.
7. Change the folder name to the name of your texture pack.
8.Once you have edited the files to your liking, right-click the folder and do...

Send To -> Compressed (zipped) Folder

9. Upload it to PMC and you're done!

Hope this helped a bit and cleared up any confusion
08/17/2012 5:59 pm
SlayahShaky
I thank both of you alot and will try to make a texture pack and send it to you.
08/17/2012 5:52 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
craftykids
You need an image editor and the default texture pack.

To get the default pack, you can decompress your minecraft.jar, then delete all the files ending in .class, plus font.txt, null, and the paulscode, net, lang, META-INF, and com folders.

The image editor I use is Gimp, which is free.

I hope I see some good texture packs from you.
08/17/2012 5:42 pm
Level 42 : Master Taco
monkeymanboy
windows: paint.net
mac: paintbrush + gimp
thats what i do when im on mac and windows cpus paintbrush you could use just by itself but gimp may be needed for some of its features hope this helped and if you need an untextred texture pack folder thing i can pm you one
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome