What did you think of Minecraft when you first joined?

ItsGoldFun's Avatar ItsGoldFun10/19/13 12:46 pm
10/23/2013 8:10 pm
niles's Avatar niles
We all have a story of what we thought when we first played Minecraft. What's your story?

When I first joined and played Minecraft, I looked around and didn't know what to do. I tried hitting things to see what to do. I knew that you had to do something, but I just didn't know it. Now, I am a full player.

So what is your story? Let it out, and be read by tons.
ItsGoldFun
Level 28 : Expert Dragonborn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

niles
Level 10 : Journeyman Network
I love the game, and I wasn't very noobish. But I still watch Minecraft for Noobs by 85552100. It's funny >:O
kjbhappy123
Level 10 : Journeyman Toast
When i first joined minecraft, I didnt even know how to break blocks. I would repeatedly click the mouse button. I only could break like grass xD. I thought maybe i had to get the grass and turn it into tools or something. I was very confused for a long time. I was scared to go into caves because they were dark and i didnt know there were torches back then. So i would take a pickaxe and during the daytime i would mine out the top of the cave so the sun would come in! I was very noobish back then. It took my very long to eventully get the hang of the game and understand the concept. Eventully i got it though. Now im a great pvper, youtuber, and know like every crafting recipe
THANKSTYRONE
10/23/2013 8:06 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Engineer
First joining - AMAZING! I LOVE THIS GAME!

Now - Meh...
MCCubs19
10/23/2013 8:00 pm
Level 25 : Expert Unicorn
It is AWESOME! (joined in 1.2.5 2 months before 1.3)
-Rusty-
10/23/2013 7:59 pm
Level 40 : Master Procrastinator
I was in awe, it was the first randomly generated game I had played...

I was very shocked to have reached 10,000 on my first world, and there was still more!
I then later googles how big is Minecraft, and I was like

[yt]5v2_WiQH7Tc[/yt]
Bobasoba
10/23/2013 7:55 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
I remember when I started... it was pretty funny really. What I had done, see, I made a little dirt home about 6x6 and went and punched trees until night.. That's when I figured out I hate MC skeletons. I saw 4 of them walking towards me and the all shot me and I died. I had like 36 logs XD! Then I went mining...... I saw a creeper for the first time. it started getting bigger and hissing I was like What is this a balloon!?
and it exploded... The first time I found diamonds I found 5 of them while mining with some friends in the morning. Never found emeralds till one time I mined it with stone pick xD No drop. now I find billions of diamonds and emeralds And live in a mansion in a tree around snowy stuff. :3
mSTtb8s7wFL7trpsB9btW
10/23/2013 7:47 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
"Get wood."
ImaginaryOnion
10/23/2013 10:04 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Explorer
I was trying to break the wood for freaking 5 minutes until I googled how to break the wood in Minecraft, lol.
CScheer
10/23/2013 9:46 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Scribe
  1. Saw youtube video of person accidentally burning down house when lighting fireplace.
  2. Bought Minecraft Alpha immediately after.
  3. Started single player world
  4. Spawned next to cave
  5. Built house in cave
  6. Spent a half hour building 10 block tall cobblestone tower on top of hill above my house as a guidepost to get me home.
  7. Marveled at my construction genius
  8. Found tallest mountain in the land and built imperial aquilla monument.
  9. Tried to login to multiplayer servers.
  10. Logged into New Canada server in October 2010.
  11. New Canada goes down January 2011.
  12. Played on various servers until I took ownership of New Canada world in November 2011 and changed name to New New Canada

And the rest is history I suppose.
meymazda
10/23/2013 9:18 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Network
I thought it was "the New ROBLOX".
Anyone remember that horrid game?
NathanLithia
10/23/2013 10:19 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Network
Ahahahaha.....

Tons of motors and tons of slabs

Love making tornados that fling everyone off the map
ASF
10/23/2013 9:07 am
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
When I first saw it, I thought it was a ripoff of Total Miner (Game I was addicted to before I ever heard of minecraft)
pieisnotpi
10/23/2013 9:40 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Pixel Painter
Pretty much the same here. I played Total Miner and whenever I saw Minecraft I was like "that game is so lame and nerdy". Then I realized it was 1000x better than Total Miner, and started watching PaulSoaresJr's guide to survival, back when that was on the main minecraft page (Beta 1.8). Good times
Iamquiet
10/23/2013 8:50 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer
I had watched yogscast play minecraft back in old days and I was like what.. the.. this is the best game ever! I must get it!! Then on my 12th birthday my dad was like, here ya go son. And it was the 1.1.2 alpha! I was so happy I pratically yelled YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. I am now 16, still love the game
djawdkjawdad
10/23/2013 8:47 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
I used to hate Minecraft, saying that it was lame and stupid. But at that time, I was just being a retard because I haven't even tried it out. So that day I was just interrupted by my classmates in a group chat. I don't really know why but I randomly asked them, "What ip". They gave me the IP of this amazing server, Vadercraft. Unfortunately, its closed now. When I first joined, the server didn't even had a perfect spawn. I appeared near a village and when I walked towards it, I was really facinated to see my friend there. He brought me mining and crafting. And that was when my interest for Minecraft grew. His name is dogsloop.
Tabbin
10/23/2013 8:45 am
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Batman
I saw my brother playing on a small community server, there were no plugins because it was soo early in the development stages of the game, i got my mum to buy me it and i loved it!
NathanLithia
10/23/2013 8:42 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Network
The time i was rapidly clicking on blocks and i could not break them Due to Playing too much Minecraft Classic
then i googled "How to break blocks in minecraft"
c165
10/23/2013 10:15 am
Level 28 : Expert Geek
Exact same thing happened to me. Seems pretty common.
JOELDCANIMATIONSUCKS
10/23/2013 8:32 am
Level 1 : New Miner
First Time When i Joined I DINDT EVEN KNOW HOW TO BREAK BLOCKS!!!!!!!!!! XD
c165
10/23/2013 7:53 am
Level 28 : Expert Geek
*Plays minecraft for the first time*
"These graphics are terrible!"

*Installs HD texture*
"This is amazing!!!"
IcecreamCow
10/23/2013 7:39 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
I was originally so close minded to the idea. I'd watch my friend play it like and constantly belittle him with things like "How can you possibly think that's fun?" Luckily when I got it, my friend knew how to setup servers as playing with friends is what made it stick for me and eventually turned me into a server owner, lol. I still don't really have fun in single player with it to be honest. The social aspect of Minecraft is what I love.
NeoForce
10/19/2013 2:52 pm
Level 23 : Expert Dragonborn
at first my friend louie told me about mc, I got the game, I didn't have a account then I just played survival, I was playing 1.7.3 (old one in beta) I didn't know about u can change to creative, I think there wasn't creative in 1.7.3, anyways I got my first texture pack a few months later, it was a Mario one, when I got the version 1.1 after I started a city, my friend also told me about herobrine then. I did belive him then, so I stopped playing for a few months, while then I got tekkit on 1.2.5,,to know that it dosent work now, it was quite complicated, with tubes and mechanics, I was confused,so when 1.3.1 come out I got a account, I got loads of servers in my list,i updated to 1.3.2, after my friend told me about herobrine again, I still didn't belive it, but when I was playing on a pokemon map singleplayer, there was a figure, in the bg, just like herobrine,i was freaked out, I had a look, he was gone,he was then behind me,he killed me completely, I deleted the world then I saw him again in another,my friend told me a nether portal open for too long means herobrine comes, I stopped playing for the whole 1.4 period, I then come back on 1.5.2, I got magic launcher at first, I installed mods and loads, I was happy, when 1.6.1 came out it stopped working, I was re-installing it many times, all over again, I mean it,i knew it wouldn't work I was disappointed, the big problem was my normal mc wouldn't work,the only thing that saved me from it was the new launcher, without that new launcher my minecraft would never work. I was installing 1.6 launcher, just when I was thinking I need a new launcher to load mods, either get a new pc or get a new launcher, I carried on playing in mc, and I kept thinking about installing pixelmon, I still want it now, I have always been recreating the feeling since 1.5.2, that's my story of my mc life, 2011-Forever

(IF YOU HAVE A LAUNCHER THAT HANDLES MODS LIKE PIXELMON,PLEASE PM ME,IM DESPERATE)
TheOnlyRealTGS
10/19/2013 2:37 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Engineer
Cool
Dawid1270
10/19/2013 2:33 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Explorer
When I first got Minecraft, I played on a creative superflat world. I remember not knowing how to make a roof....
I played like it was survival, you know, normal difficulty and had a farm, etc.
LtSilver
10/19/2013 2:14 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
I honestly loved singleplayer back then. It was such a fun challenge and I used to be scared of the night. Now I just pray for the night time to slaughter everything (: I remember when I built houses that have the roof only 2 blocks high and thought it was amazing. That was in 1.7.3 Beta when I first joined around June 2011. Those were the good times.
MaZerMC
10/19/2013 2:06 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
I just started Hit Pigs and cows and played on Peacefull and Now im Staff on almost all servers for be the best player
3picdonut421
10/19/2013 1:48 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Pixel Painter
i had a great time when i joined. not that much of a noob though
ThisIsntNath
10/19/2013 1:26 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Blockhead
ExplicintI hated it. I found out there was online, and then I loved it... made my own server.. and made money

Same... Kinda. I hated singleplayer, found some server and loved it, but sometimes I find myself playing Survival in singleplayer sometimes. I have a private server which me and my friends sometimes play on.
Explicint
10/19/2013 1:07 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner
I hated it. I found out there was online, and then I loved it... made my own server.. and made money [Don't advertise on other people's posts]
APC_Slacker
10/19/2013 1:01 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
Honestly? I spawned on an island and thought water would kill me.
bethenna
10/19/2013 1:01 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Narwhal
I'd watched a ton of YouTube Let's Plays on minecraft.. so I pretty much knew what to expect I really liked it, but I was a bit of a noob and wouldn't even go outside at night because I was afraid all the mobs might kill me
Jochmen
10/19/2013 12:55 pm
Level 20 : Expert Ninja
I thought it was fantastic. It's still the most interesting game I've ever played, but now I'm no longer running my own server, I've got to admit that single player sucks, and most server communities are downright awful :l
SpectralK
10/19/2013 12:54 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
First time I played, I played Skyblock. I was watching my brother do it, so I was like "I really want this game." After Skyblock, I played Survival and loved it.
aboveordinary
10/19/2013 12:50 pm
Level 43 : Master Engineer
I watched Seananners play a couple years ago. after watching him play, I got a cracked version to see if I actually wanted to buy the game. I played on peaceful for a while on a cracked version. I bought the game about a week later, just in time for the biome update. I played on easy and basically just screwed around
Thrix
10/19/2013 12:49 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer
Umm... I first learnt of minecraft while watching Stamsite play it.
When i got it i was like "What did Stamsite do?"
"How do i destroy the wood?"
and...
"Hi little green thing, why are you hissing?"
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome