Would you use emerald gear if it existed?

Makaneek's Avatar Makaneek1/19/20 11:20 am
1/27/2020 12:49 pm
Makaneek's Avatar Makaneek
Let's say the items have the same durability as iron and the same power/protection as gold. Would you use them?
Makaneek
Level 48 : Master Answer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/27/2020 7:49 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Mage
xHyx
New ores should be added to the game from time to time so that they can increase the difficulty, or at least add new challenges, such as a boss battle system, more interesting dungeons than just a square or a hole.. xD
Emerald armor would be a good start, as the item is already in the game and is not used for anything other than "trades" or rather, theft.
01/27/2020 8:57 am
Makaneek
I suppose, but It's also true that to be a good currency, any item must be rare, and otherwise useless. My worry is that if they became a crafting material, they would lose significance as a currency item. just my two cents.
01/27/2020 9:09 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Mage
xHyx
It might lose its monetary value, but what if a more effective monetary system was added? or something like this ..
Well, we can go far by imagining things to improve the game, but Mojang is afraid to do these things. :')
01/27/2020 12:49 pm
Makaneek
I don’t consider that a fair exchange. Minecraft has lots of crafting materials already, and the emerald currency system is iconic and fairly fine-tuned. But I would really like more tool/armor types between iron and diamond.
01/19/2020 9:29 pm
Level 47 : Master Robot
Wikimaster0
Probably only in some sort of challenge or free for all scenario where all you have is emeralds.
01/19/2020 8:51 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Farmer
Mishkia
If they did make Emerald, I'd personally hope it came with some kind of armor rework, so everything has different qualities and pros/cons. For example, Iron is heavier than Leather, so you move slower than you would with leather, but you're more protected, type stuff.
I imagine Mojang would find a way to do this without it being too much of a hassle, if they did it at all. Otherwise, honestly, I see no personal use of an Emerald armor or weaponry/tools, except for "lol well we have it now."
Diamonds are important because that's the best way to start mining obsidian, and they're the most durable set of tools. If you add Emerald to be better than Diamond, it wouldn't be for much except for excess durability/speed, which is overall meh. Maybe if they released a new dimension, or more things for the End that required emerald to mine? Or a new dimension. (Though I'd rather after 1.16's nether update they add more to the End rather than jump to making a new dimension, End cities and Chorus are great but its still rather bare. You explore a few cities once and you've basically seen it all.)
Or, maybe instead like Wildcard_Gamer said, wands, or maybe staves? Something new and not added yet gear-wise for Emerald.
Just spitballing ideas. If they did add it and it was the boring old "Better than diamond armor," yeah I'd make it after I had enough emeralds excess because it's an upgrade, Mojang wouldn't care if I didn't use it so it wouldn't do anything to not use it except well, put me in a disadvantage on things like PvP servers and factions, lol.
01/19/2020 8:34 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Programmer
Wildcard_Gamer
IMO emeralds are a currency, but I wouldn't mind a use for them. But armor wouldn't make sense, they are gems, to be honest diamond armor only makes sense because diamonds are the hardest stone on earth. But emeralds I think wouldn't make sense as an armor. Sure, if you want to use it for bragging rights it makes sense. But if they made actual emerald gear, I'd prefer a new type of weapon, like maybe a wand that can be crafted with 2 emeralds and a stick, and a stronger one with 2 emerald blocks and a blaze rod. A straight ranged attack that can be charged to increase damage. Emerald armor should prob just be aesthetically pleasing, maybe make it like leather but it gives you a luck effect.
01/19/2020 8:38 pm
Makaneek
I didn't say I wanted emerald gear, but someone else did, and I wondered who else wanted it.
01/19/2020 9:58 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Programmer
Wildcard_Gamer
the title says would you use emerald gear
01/19/2020 10:31 pm
Makaneek
I know. I meant I don't want it added to Minecraft.
01/19/2020 7:49 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Fish
true buttercreeper6
I would, but it feels a bit weird since I always though of emeralds as currency, with it's use in trading. I would feel like making a bulletproof vest out of change and paper money, it may hold up fairly well ( maybe idk ) but you feel like you could have made some sweet purchases instead.
01/19/2020 8:16 pm
Makaneek
same lol.
01/19/2020 3:32 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
Salveritie
Emerald Gear does exist, But only with like the emerald mod, orespawn or the emerald lucky block i think rainbow has it too since it related to orespawn.
01/19/2020 3:26 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Procrastinator
-Valery
I would be the richest in my hardcore world.I have too many emeralds to put away.
01/19/2020 3:23 pm
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Lemilas
Not under these circumstances. In my personal opinion, since emeralds are rarer than iron (even within the mountain biomes) and since they are relatively hard IRL, I would (if I was making a mod that added emerald gear) put them somewhere between iron and diamond in terms of durability and power/protection. That's just my opinion, though.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome