I have a unique Idea, but I need some help! (Plugin-Devs/Creative thinkers/Beta-Testers)

Beef_'s Avatar Beef_4/13/18 12:41 am
4/14/2018 11:45 am
Huski's Avatar Huski
Introduction:
Hey Im Swigglez, I have been making servers for about 2 years now. If this server works out It will be my third successful server. Each server I try to make it more unique then the last one, I have a feeling this is going to be my best so far..

Background

So a few weeks ago, I had this great idea for a survival server. This idea was very unique but I am having a hard time building off of how this could actually be applied. I have already started setting up a server but I cannot complete it until we decide how everything is going to work.

Idea
So I had this unique idea that every 2 weeks a King or Queen is elected, (not sure how we would pick who would be elected) each 2 weeks we will have a election night for the candidates each player gets to vote on their favorite. The candidate with the most votes and a congressional background approval (staff checkup - checks for previous bans / punishments) can be accepted as king or queen (their choice). They will have a power moderated by staff or (parliament/congress) At the end of 2 weeks the players can either choose another king or queen... And this process keeps going every 2 weeks. When you are elected you get to live in a castle at spawn with a special rank titled "king" or "queen" (players choice). They will have certain perks along with the rank (To be decided), and they will be put in a hall of kings in the castle. We will have a statue for each king on the server.

Spawn layout/Theme:
Besides all this the spawn will be layed out similar to a mediveal city, With a castle towards a top of a hill and a village down below or maybe a castle with a moat towards a village seperated by a draw bridge. The spawn would use a plugin I would like to play around with in the village area called AreaShop. This plugin will allow us to set the homes for sale as a shop plot, this combinded with chestshops would allow player to setup shops. Players could also use some of the plots as homeseach of the houses will have 2 floors per house. They can use both floors as a shop or 1 floor as a shop. Each plot will cost a certain amount of money based off of how close it is to the main road or how popular that location is. The plots will be rent based so if you do not pay your rent you will be kicked from your plot..

Events:
The server should also have a big town square where we can do public events like game night and such.. This would create a good community feel for the spawn area and the server.

Problems:
After this point is where we hit bounderies.. I have not thought about what sort of powers the king would have, or how they would apply to the server making the king role a leadership role of the people somehow. These questions emerge with the issue. Could the King make laws? How would these laws be enforced?

What I need
I need players who can help me build on this idea and create a server out of it.. This may be with a custom plugin made by a volenteer developer or a group of people that manages the stuff manually. I will also need Beta-Testers and Creative-Thinkers. These will be the people that will come up with new ideas to keep the server unique and to keep it tested while it is not avalible from the public.
The Server is not yet open to the public...

If you would be so kind even if you dont want to contribute to atleast put a comment on this thread awnsering the following questions..

Format (copy and paste into comment section)

Would you play on a server based on this idea?

Does this idea intrest you?

If you are intrested, What would you add or change to make the idea better then it is?

If you would like to contribute to this idea, I have already made a discord, please join our discord..
https://discord.gg/WHQXW
Beef_
Level 15 : Journeyman Crafter