[1.6.4]Introducing Alagaesia (432,000,000 Surface Blocks)

Jtborth's Avatar Jtborth9/23/13 6:42 pm
1 emeralds 305 3
11/4/2013 11:20 am
Jtborth's Avatar Jtborth

http://www.Alagaesia-Minecraft.com

Introduction
Alagaesia is a new, ambitious, project that has one simple goal: Recreate the world of Alagaesia from The Inheritance Cycle. The world has the basics terraformed already: The mountains are done, the rivers are done, etc. We are currently in the building stage and are starting with the small village of Carvahall. The world is currently 420,000,000 square blocks in size and has a file size of 9gb.

What are we Looking For?
We are currently accepting applications for the following positions, to apply for any of the positions you must register on our forum and then fill out the form on our website (Alagaesia-Minecraft.com):

1) Build Team (General, Redstone, 'busy' work, and specialty builds)
2) Mod Team (Custom Alagaesia mod to incorporate multiple features from the books)
3) Video Manager/Public Outreach
4) Website/General Graphics
5) Texture Pack Designer
6) Testers
7) Moderators*
8) Administrators*
*Invite only, apply for an above rank to gain trust first.

Are there any requirements?
Currently, we do not require anything for the build team and there are very specific requirements for teams such a mod developers and texture pack designers. In the future we intend to require access to our Teamspeak 3 server.

When you get accepted to the build team you will have access to build on a build server. Approved builds on our build server will be transferred over to our primary server by a staff member. To obtain permission to build on the primary server you must create 10 approved builds, before you reach that requirement you will only have access to building on the primary server when an admin is on to supervise. This is currently necessary as we do not have enough staff to monitor every action of every person. Just remember that this restriction can be lifted once you have 10 approved builds.

How do I get the IP address and how do I apply for a whitelist?
We email you the server IP address when you successfully join the build team or your whitelist application is approved. To apply for either of these you must apply on Alagaesia-Minecraft.com. People who are whitelisted have access to flying but not teleporting, we intend to add a teleporting hub in the near future for easy access to key locations on the map once we start expanding our builds out of Palancar Valley.

Jtborth
Level 11 : Journeyman Architect