Re: Too many servers?

Cubert_4x4's Avatar Cubert_4x44/18/23 1:15 pm
4/19/2023 1:25 pm
Northcoast's Avatar Northcoast
Hey so Last time i brought this up I just said: "TelL mE yOuR thOUgTs" and no one responded but like 100+ people looked at it. And I kinda feel bad that I let them down. So: Round Two!
I feel like there are too many servers, these days. Just looking at the number of posts for the server category is astounding. Right now it's at 300,401. The next highest thing on PMC is the video category-- at 51,830 -- and then the main discussion, which has 35,842. That alone should tell you that there's a problem. Every day --if you're watching -- there's a new server that invites you to "come and join us!" but at the rate servers are popping up, there's going to be more servers than there active players can handle! I've seen problems with servers dying and it seems you can't join any of the big networks because the economy is too high or in rare cases *Cough Cough Hypixel* There's too many players. I can't get a decent game of bedwars on there because everyone who plays plays the game for a win, and wants to win fast. It's sooo dumb. I'm looking for a new server becuase it just got soo annoying and it's not fun anymore. I'm a halfway decent player of bedwars too. It's kinda saddening actually. That just an example of a minigame server! As for SMPs, There's way too many and yet there's not enough at the same time. I've been checking here for weeks looking for two things: A content creator, Not modded, (vannila tweaks exlucded) simple SMP. It's frustrating because anytime i get close to finding one some way or another it isn't what i'm looking for. I guess this part is a little counter-argument but it feels good to say it. The only way it seems to get a decent SMP that isn't too far ahead is to make one yourself. It's probably why there are so many, because almost everyone likes their 'vannila' a diffrent way. or their fabric or forge or essential or lunar or whatevere else. Can anyone else relate to this? Am I making any sence? It's just so hard to find what you want and it's hard to stay engaged and its hard to find other people who like your vanilla the way you do. What's the solution here?
Cubert_4x4
Level 27 : Expert Professor