Relishmole SMP - Mindcrack/ZipKrowd inspired server

erwintrude's Avatar erwintrude6/22/14 12:21 pm
1 emeralds 497 4
6/22/2014 3:48 pm
Shelbs10MC's Avatar Shelbs10MC
Welcome to Relishmole!
Hello, welcome to the server's official application thread. We're currently looking for about 5-10 active players to join the server. I recommend for an increased chance in joining by reading the full briefing of the server.

What's the server about? How will I fit in?

• Small, private server
    Relaxed, mature atmosphere
    2 Years old
    Currently on 2nd map, looking to possibly make a third

Relishmole is a small, private vanilla server. We started as a server inspired by Mindcrack and ZipKrowd, but over time the community has developed a unique atmosphere, we aim to retain this with opening applications. The server is almost two years old and we are currently playing on our second map. However, there are small plans that a new map may be started with this set of applicants. The server never has been that of a competitive atmosphere, like some may be there to force players to record on youtube. Personally, I see no need for the server to be famous, but recording is definitely encouraged.

So who are the members? What do we specialize in?

• About 7 active members
    3 extremely talented redstoners
    2 professional builders
    Friend-like relationship between members

Well, it's simple really, all our members are here to enjoy the server. There are huge ranges in ability of the game, but it's not necessarily that that matters; it's the bond all the members have developed with each other. - This does not reflect we have a bad quality of game play. Of about 7 or so active members the server currently have, there are 3 extremely talented redstoners, all with the ability and imagination to exceed standards achieved by the most famous out there. I, and one other member, are formerly builders for famous build teams such as Mithrintia (https://www.youtube.com/user/Mithrintia/videos) and Hypixel Buildteam, and have worked with others such as Vadact.

What have we built on the server?

What I find with a lot of servers is that they have very talented members, but what they get up to on the server is a poor reflection of their abilities. On Relishmole we are glad to say that our members prioritize the server before others, all their talent comes from the server, not elsewhere.

Recognizable things we have built on the server are:
Automatic wood worker with use of wither.
Automatic mushroom-block farm (Using a similar system to the automatic wood farm - this is in progress)
"Molehole" - (This too is in progress) A perimeter made around a witch hut to ensure maximum efficiency (There will be more than just a witch farm), this area includes a very large storage silo, that can store the whole hole (in terms of drops) in an extremely small area.
Nether hub - This was mainly made to show off building skills, and has a somewhat angelic theme to it.
Large villager trading area - Multiple perfect villagers etc.
Iron Foundry

The list goes on for small mob farms that are extremely efficient, yet with a high aesthetic standard. This list also does not give credit to the individual bases made by some of the players. If we do choose to reset the map, we do plan to make things more independent and more reliant on one's own resources.

Who are we looking for?

• Active members
  • Maturity
  • To be able to talk in mumble (Not required, but it would be nice)
  • A good standard of playing the game

Certain statistics like age we feel don't need a specific boundary. As long as we believe you are mature and will be fun to play with. Although this a bit hypocritical, as I don't use my microphone as of now, we are looking for those who can utilize their voice to socialize with the members of the server, we do have a mumble server. Activity is extremely important. We will be looking for members with a good standard of play. It is required you have Skype.

I also believe that maturity is often misunderstood. To say that we are always sensible on the server is a complete lie. Maturity is only required for realizing when something has gone too far, or knowing when something is serious. This also ties on with the fact we don't want someone who cannot joke around a bit.

The application itself:

Please fill this in if you wish to join the server. All applications will be looked at, and if selected to be talked to, I will add you on Skype. Don't expect this Skype request to be instant.

Why do you want to join? (Do about a small paragraph)

What will you bring to the server? (Do about a small paragraph)

Tell us about yourself! (Do about a small paragraph):

What is your timezone?

Any questions you have for the server (We will try to answer as many of them as we can)?
erwintrude
Level 1 : New Princess