~Server Opportunity~

Soccercrazyboy's Avatar Soccercrazyboy5/31/18 12:15 am history
1 emeralds 166 5
5/31/2018 9:19 pm
Soccercrazyboy's Avatar Soccercrazyboy

Introduction
I'm Nick and I've recently had a break from playing minecraft and being part of the PMC community. Prior to taking my break I was helping to develop servers for the public, administrating, managing and building for servers and playing around with my friends on new and upcoming servers that had unique and different ideas. After taking a break and coming back to the game with fresh eyes I've decided I want to learn how to make a server by myself, from scratch. Including things like keeping a high standard of professionalism in the workplace, learning how to handle tough situations and getting to know the general logistics of a minecraft server from a behind the scenes view. I've had experience in Recruitment of staff, and Builders. I believe I can be a useful asset to a team when need be and I know how to deal with different people, knowing when to be lenient and when to be forceful

Proposition
Due to my long absence in the community I want to try and get back into it while learning as much as I can by helping out a fellow Minecrafter in the development of a server or network. I'd mainly be watching how you (the founder/owner) handle different situations, trying to understand the different development processes that you go through, effectively shadowing you in your creation of your server. The project can be small or large, and I'd be available to help you as much as I could if need be, or not at all. I'm looking forward to getting started as soon as possible, the sooner the better.

Conclusion
To conclude, I'm trying to deepen my understanding and knowledge of the behind the scenes, the development of a server. I am looking for an opportunity to shadow, and help out if my assistance is necessary, an experienced and knowledgeable person who's looking to either start the development of a server in the near future or has recently started the development of their server.
Previous Projects
- Budder Project (Build-Team Manager and Moderator)
- World Of Mystery (WOM) (Staff Team)
- SlaveMC (Co-Founder)
- Infinity Designs Build and Setups Team (Founder and CFO)

These were all prior to my break, I'm now jobless and have lots of spare time on my hands

Imgur Profile (some previous builds): https://imgur.com/a/i6XSg

Contact Me!

Email (Personal): boudvns@gmail.com
Email (Minecraft): soccercrazyboy06@gmail.com
Discord: Soccercrazyboy#0201
Minecraft IGN: Soccercrazyboy
Also feel free to Private Message me on here (PMC),
If you want to reach me the quickest I recommend sending me an Email on my Private Email or adding my Discord and privately messaging me. However, I will be regularly checking all of them and will reply to you as quickly as possible. Thank you all for reading my thread and I hope you all have a great day :)

Soccercrazyboy
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/31/2018 9:19 pm
Soccercrazyboy
Edit - you can contact me via Snapchat if need be (fastest way of contacting me), Private Message me for details.
05/31/2018 4:06 amhistory
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
MrFlackO
I sent you a request on discord.
I have been making servers for
about 6 years and I've built more then 100 servers for people. I was
going stop as it the type of people i built the servers for didn't know
how to run them. But before I did I put everything I had into one last
server then that became my network (that i started making for a 12 year
old but he couldn't run it). The server was just released and it's ran
like a business. I am the first owner but there are 3 partial owners
(including myself) each owning 33.3% of the server. I run 2 Virtual
Private servers for hosting it running Linux commandline. If you want i
can show you how the propper way of making servers is done rather then
just chucking a couple of plugins together.

If you accept this
what i will do is get you to make a server for the network and tell you
exactly how i think when troubleshooting and making sure the server
works extremely well.

My skyblock server has 68 plugins and each
has been though out before adding. The skyblock server uses less then
300MB of RAM on idle with not one error in console.

So if you
want to know the propper way of managing staff, partial ownersip and
server building let me know but you have to do it in the next few days
as the server that i'm going to get you to make needs to be started
within the next 2 days. as i set myself time limits.

A while ago a
few days before my release all of my plans just suddenly failed and i
had to make something work so i posted something as a last resort and i
included the backstory of my server.

here is a like to the backstory (it's a little bit outdated)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17ODXaVc22KnjxJVuPEP3LH6C2szuWr0BRGVfFqL_V5E/edit?usp=sharing

it's a bit of a read but if you're interested in what happened, there it is
05/31/2018 6:19 am
Soccercrazyboy
What a fantastic opportunity ^^ I'll be sure to take you up on your offer and can't wait to start learning and working with you!
05/31/2018 1:35 amhistory
Level 19 : Journeyman Crafter
Gooseman_
ah, very well spoken, maturely-built, and organized wording. Something quite hard to find within a platform such as this one. You seem like a great candidate or proposed opportunist of join a Dev team of any sort just from that introduction alone.

The story you shared within your introduction is something I can relate to as I've just started playing MC regularly again after a long 3 year hiatus; the only reason being why I came back was because of a friend begging me to do so. I was not that disappointed from the changes I've come back to see, and I decided to apply myself to help out and develop a community for the expertise, knowledge base, and connection building alone;
but I soon realized I came back to a game with arcane knowledge on plugins from the stone age and retained faint memories on how to fix only the surface of a problem that could occur when developing something to withstand command-happy players. I'm learning and still am, but I'm glad I have the opportunity to know I can do so that once I help another community setup, I've got the knowledge from the community I am currently develop by my side.
05/31/2018 2:33 am
Soccercrazyboy
That means a lot, thank you for taking the time to read through my thread and reply in such detail. If i can be of any help to you make sure to contact me and I'll try my best. The prospects of joining a Dev team excite me, however, my knowledge in that area is weak, at best. I am learning new things everyday and one day I hope for this to be an area of strength for me.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome