Attention All PMC Creators!indeterminate_check_box

MannyQUESO's Avatar MannyQUESO8/5/22 2:49 pm
14 emeralds 271 13
8/26/2022 11:34 am
Nitgo's Avatar Nitgo
Attention PMC Creators!

Hello, people of PMC, I am MannyQUESO and I call yall because I have been going through the web and come to find a sketchy website called 9lifehack.com, and they have been posting work from PMC without consent.

For example: My texture pack called "More Décor" was taken without consent or warning even though it has a copyright license to protect it.

I plan on taking 9lifehack.com down, if anyone knows their email or any form contact, Private Message me. I bet yall feel the same about your work as well.

So let's do something, I might make a petition if yall want, later in the day.

Take care, and buzz off 9lifehacks.
MannyQUESO
Level 36 : Artisan Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Nitgo
08/26/2022 11:32 am
Level 75 : Legendary Sus
Tbh it's kind of a sh** website, and it barely works, so I think it'll be a while before it's a threat, but it does certainly annoy me.
Nitgo
08/26/2022 11:34 am
Level 75 : Legendary Sus
history
Actually, they did reupload my texture pack on their website. Jokes on them though they reuploaded an old version of it that doesn't work.
CatAlyst
08/26/2022 11:25 am
Level 48 : Master Kitten
Thanks for sharing!
ThatCatWanderingTheGalaxy
08/12/2022 3:49 pm
Level 41 : Master Kitten
Spierdalaj, 9lifehacks
Papa Enny
08/12/2022 4:28 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Scapegoat Dwarf
Ejejejejjejej, esse
Calm your words
ThatCatWanderingTheGalaxy
08/12/2022 4:30 pm
Level 41 : Master Kitten
lol ok
FluffyGuy201
08/06/2022 2:59 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Procrastinator
yeah, crap off 9lifehack
MerBatPhan89
08/06/2022 10:22 am
Level 32 : Artisan Artist
Thanks for spreading the word! I'll keep my eyes open.
Papa Enny
08/05/2022 4:22 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Scapegoat Dwarf
We know about this, this page isn't the only
but thank you for spreading the thing
Rob333
08/05/2022 4:05 pm
Level 48 : Master Sus
I can only help sharing this thread, but i can't help with more.
MannyQUESO
08/05/2022 4:09 pm
Hey, anything helps man. Thanks 👍🏽
garlicbreathinator
08/05/2022 3:46 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Engineer
history
AGAIN, I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice. PLEASE look into this on your own and don't just take my word for it before you do anything.

https://who.is/whois/9lifehack.com

You can use the Who Is search to look up who registered a specific domain and usually get some kind of contact.

A petition is not going to do anything though. This website is probably one of a couple dozen run by some shady company and they're probably all managed by one dude running a bunch of bots to scrape data off of websites, fill it with keywords for search engines, and republish it. If you want anything done, you might need to do more yourself.

If you are sure that it is copyright infringement and does not fall under fair use (looks pretty clear to me but I am not a lawyer and submitting a false DMCA claim can get you sued, so I can't just tell you to do it outright) you can submit a DMCA claim against google to remove it from search results.

REMEMBER that a DMCA notice is a serious legal process and could require follow-up action. It is unlikely that a shady click-farm like this site will submit a counter-claim but if they will get reinstated on google unless you take them to court. This would like not be worth the effort and filing fees for such a small project, but is still definitely an option!

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/legal-removal-request?complaint_type=dmca

I recommend you find other creators whose work is also posted to the website without their permission and direct them toward this message since receiving enough DMCA takedowns can remove the entire website from google search results and not just the pages related to your projects.
MannyQUESO
08/05/2022 3:54 pm
Thank you very much garlic for the information. This will help out. Thanks!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome