[Reporting Skins] How bad is bad enough?

mischajay's Avatar mischajay4/24/13 5:08 pm
1 emeralds 215 2
4/25/2013 7:47 am
mischajay's Avatar mischajay
While I reported a few skins, one question really went through my mind a lot: How "bad" does a skin have to be in order for it to be removed? What is the miniumum quality of or efford put into a skin to be accepted?

Let me quote the Submission rules real quick:

CyprezzDo not post spam. Please put time and effort into your submissions.

Well, that makes it clear for most skins, like skins consist of only one or maybe two or three colors, flat skins, scribble skins, etc.

But there are many other skins, which do not make it very clear for me if they are "good" enough or too "bad" and should be reported. These are skin that look crappy in my eyes, have very little or very, very amateurish shading, misplaced pixels, absolutely weird concepts or look just very... abstract.

But should these neccesarily be considered spam and not "worthy" of PMC? What if the user actually put quite a lot of efford into it and s/he just couldn't do any better? Does beauty not lay in the eyes of the beholder? Okay sure, Submissions on PMC should have a certain quality, but who am I to judge and say: "This is good, that isn't". I'd feel kinda guilty about that...
mischajay
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Skinner