I am an idiot with a dumb question :D

Patty_'s Avatar Patty_10/15/16 7:05 pm
1 emeralds 367 3
10/16/2016 1:10 am
EvianCraft's Avatar EvianCraft
I'm making a resource pack for my server. Am I allowed to add music from video games and movies to the resource pack?
Patty_
Level 33 : Artisan Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

EvianCraft
10/16/2016 1:10 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Architect
snazzyjava pretty much hit the nail on the head, and this would likely be covered if you checked with a lawyer, but before then you might also check what your countries DMR Laws are! It varies country-to-country
Patty_
10/15/2016 7:19 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Architect
All right, thanks for taking some time to respond. I'll try to find some music that I can use without having to worry about possible consequences. Thanks again!
snazzyjava
10/15/2016 7:13 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
This is a touchy topic, remember a few things when doing this:
  • Before using music from games or movies, check to see the license on it. If the license it's under allows re-use, you're fine, as long as you don't make money off of it. Some sources might require that you give credit and cite the creator of the original source.
  • If you reproduce the source but in your own way, do the same as above. Make sure the license for the source allows you to remix it, or derive other sources from it. Some music licenses do not allow this.
  • When in doubt, the best solution to any legal concern is to contact a lawyer that works within your area.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome