Nice skins getting less downloads then bad skins.

UniSkies's Avatar UniSkies10/26/11 6:31 am
1 emeralds 258 9
10/30/2011 2:14 am
Wet_Willy's Avatar Wet_Willy
I just dont get why good skins which seems hard to make are gettting lesser downloads than those skins that dosnt have shadings at all and are much more easier to make! Hope to hear ur thoughts and feelings abt this !
UniSkies
Level 25 : Expert Unicorn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Wet_Willy
10/30/2011 2:14 am
Level 29 : Expert Nerd
I completely understand -__-
Like sometimes, i'll see a skin with 1 like that looks UHHHH MAZZINNNN.. and then a 'most popular skin' thats just a 'Gold Block Skin' that's just yellow with a darker outline and it has 50+ likes, it makes me wanna rage -_-
Terzaerian
10/30/2011 1:47 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Necromancer
OP, I've also noticed this problem. In this blog, and the forum post linked in my signature, I make observations on the practices of other sites and what that could mean for our own. I encourage you and other discouraged skinners to go there, read, and contribute to the discussion, and if you agree, like and/or favorite.

In the meantime, if you want to gain greater notoriety without sacrificing the quality of your skins, I recommend submitting to different sections. Use the blogs section to review skins makers, texture packs, whatever; start cranking out buildings for the projects section, or make a texture pack. Diversifying your portfolio of submissions is a good way to gain notoriety and through that, cross-traffic to your neglected skins. Making texture packs which are related in theme to your skins is also a good idea, as it will allow you to do direct cross-promotions.
TaiserRY
10/26/2011 8:00 am
Level 34 : Artisan Narwhal
i've made 5 skins over the past 2 days but i they havent got many views. but its probably cause ppl think they suck when it's cause im new to making skins
Lycandar
10/26/2011 7:58 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Mage
sometimes if its a character , it'll depend on who you make. For instance if you make a perfect konohamaru (from naruto) its probably going to get a lot less than an okay naruto since konohamaru isn't that popular a character whereas loads of people would be after a naruto skin. I can tell that by looking at my own skins, a main character will do better than secondary or lesser characters

Also it'll depend on length of time that its been up.
X3Kross
10/26/2011 8:03 am
Level 43 : Master Archer
Actually I know what you mean, I just recently made a two practically perfect zabuza skins (who btw I think is one of the cools characters ever!) and I got maybe 10 downloads out of the two of them together. But when I made a miner skin, WHICH wasn't even meant for anyone other than myself in the first place, it got like 25+ downloads. ON IT'S OWN. Something is seriously wrong here.

I think that the popular reel is messed up in it's own right.... but people need to actually BROWSE, before they download a skin willy nilly.
lolcoptr
10/26/2011 7:54 am
Level 36 : Artisan Musician
From what I have seen people only want to download enderman or creeper skins, I don't see the attraction of them.
mommaCarole
10/26/2011 7:48 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
people download what's on the "new" reel and what's on the "popular" reel... but yes, there's some fabulous stuff that's being overlooked. It's sad.
Sneeze7
10/26/2011 7:18 am
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Hero
I have made a few really nice skins and they dont seem to get any downloads , though my most well made skin, Chuck Norris which is very well shaded but i guess it got a lot of downloads because it was Chuck Norris.

- Sneeze7
Mijichu
10/26/2011 7:14 am
Level 34 : Artisan Unicorn
In the end, it just comes down to what people like. Maybe more people like the simple ones than the shaded, or they just like the idea.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome