Nvidia OpenGL Error Code 8

Atrocities's Avatar Atrocities9/27/15 3:58 am
1 emeralds 2.6k 2
12/7/2015 7:06 pm
Ninniy's Avatar Ninniy
I have recently been plagued by this issue that hasn't been an issue for a very long time but has once again popped up. (Nvidia OpenGL has detected a problem with your display driver and has shut down. - Error Code 8")

Now as far as I can tell nothing has changed on my system in six months apart from windows updates and those God foresaken Windows 10 files being added and stored.

I am still running Windows 7 because Windows 10 update would break my system and I can't risk that.

I did updated my drivers for my Nvidia GTX 770 (EVGA) card after the bug started popping up again. I did a manual uninstall (yes I know how to do it correctly) and then a fresh install of the latest drivers. (None of that Nvidia shield or Experience crap was added as the backdoor.exe program can and will run your CPU crazy.)

The problem started back in July when I started noticing a significant amount of lag or latency when issuing commands on the Minetrek.net server. Other players would see the results instantly but I wouldn't for several seconds to minutes. At first I thought it was a bug with my ISP but after a month of testing and help from ISP advanced tech support, my ISP got a clean bill of health. Then out of the blue the Error Code 8 (OpenGL) bug came back.

I mean this bug was gone for a long time and then just came back. Of course there is no help on the Nvidia forums and a google search only brings up people having issues with it. (It is directly related to two things, Nvidia Cards and Minecraft.)

I know it isn't a power management issue, it isn't a memory issue, it isn't a Java argument issue, and it isn't an OS, or MC version issue. I have used drivers as far back as 2011 to try and over come the issue but to avail. So I am using the latest drivers from Nivida.

It isn't and issue with Java either. (Just had to say that.)

It seems that no one knows what the hell the cause of this issue is. It seems to come and go off and on and raises hell with players for a while then leaves only to come back without rhyme or cause.

If any one has any ideas on how to address this effing issue please do tell. Perhaps you have tried something I haven't and might have stumbled onto the solution.

BTW, my card passed its stress test and so has my system. All is good and I am virus and malware free.

System specs aren't required - this issue affects all systems, all OS versions, and all Version of MC. (But I am running Win7 pro 64x, IF 4690k, Gigabyte Z97, with 16 gigs ram and an 240 boot SSD.)
Atrocities
Level 71 : Legendary Ghast Rider