Scrollbars...

Po1ntBlank's Avatar Po1ntBlank1/11/12 8:40 pm
1 emeralds 194 9
1/12/2012 8:36 pm
s15c's Avatar s15c
Hey, I bet this has been requested before, and I know the obvious reason for scrollbars in the signatures, but I propose a little alternative you might like.

Most signature makers are stressed with the limited (rounding to 550x100) signature room w/o the scrollbars.

Many members of the site limit their signatures alot, because they don't like having the awkward, annoying bars in their signature.

I understand that people DONT want to see huge page long signatures on every post. But I have a solution

Perhaps there could be made a setting where you can choose to show full signatures or not?

Or, maybe their could be a larger box before scrollbars are neccesary?

A crazy idea, to have no scrollbars, but to limit image dimensions, size, KB, etc.

Any other alternatives to at least have people who don't want them could be posted here as a reccomandation
Po1ntBlank
Level 47 : Master Hunter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/12/2012 8:36 pm
Level 45 : Master Enderdragon
s15c
I still think the scrollbars are a relatively good idea, but there does need to be a bit more space. If instead of being ~100 high, maybe 250 would work before a scrollbar is in effect. People can live with two relatively small signatures. I personally hate them when i want a sig that's ~150 high and I have to keep making it smaller (take my current sig, for example).

It's people that have 3+ random signature images that the scrollbar is in effect for, and for a good reason I think we would survive and be fine with a bit of an extension, but just getting rid of them altogether isn't going to happen.
01/12/2012 8:25 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Toast
Oooooh_Shiny
scroll bars are kinda annoying but i really dont wanna only have room for 1 sig >_>
01/12/2012 8:10 pm
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Hero
Jackie1st
I don't really mind the scroll bars but I guess that's because I don't pay much attention to peoples sigs in the first place
01/12/2012 8:07 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Taco
FoxOfDoom
I like this idea, hope it will be implemented ~
01/12/2012 6:28 pm
Po1ntBlank
Does no one else think this is a good idea? O_o
01/11/2012 8:44 pm
Level 27 : Expert Scribe
JustaFleshWound
This probably has nothing to do with requests coming from your sig shop right?
01/11/2012 8:46 pm
Po1ntBlank
Well actually, the idea originated with Slub77 telling me how much he hated scrollbars, to which I noticed I did as well. (Notice how I have none in my signature) I guess that request just kinda put me over the top

But on topic, what do you think of the idea? I personally like the option suggestion the best
01/12/2012 6:57 pm
Level 27 : Expert Scribe
JustaFleshWound
On topic..what is that?

I agree. There should be two sigs. A short version, say one image and/or link with 50 or so characters, and a longer version, with an extended area shown. I also hate it when I scroll down a page and end up scrolling through the longest sig in existence.
01/12/2012 7:51 pm
Po1ntBlank
Lol, part of the idea, was to prevent people getting annoyed by ridiculously long signatures, by either having a limit, or allowing people to turn on and off scrollbars FOR THEMSELVES TO SEE. That means, if you have it on, you see scrollbars, if you have it off, you dont see scrollbars. Doesn't affect anyone else
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome