Will the bottom-of-head thing be fixed here?

the_soup's Avatar the_soup3/4/12 2:04 am
1 emeralds 310 7
5/22/2012 10:47 pm
Aikyrox's Avatar Aikyrox
First of all, sorry if this has been discussed already. A few updates ago the character texture was changed so that the bottom of the head and hat was flipped from what it was before. Apparently, though, the skin preview feature in PMC hasn't been updated with this change. So, basically, a skin that looks fine in the preview here will be messed up in-game. Are there any plans to fix this in the future? Thanks
the_soup
Retired Moderator
Level 72 : Legendary Button Pusher

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Aikyrox
05/22/2012 10:47 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Creeper Hugger
ohh....So whatever is previewed in Paril's previewer will be the one shown in-game? Thanks.
FoxOfDoom
05/22/2012 7:45 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Taco
Aikyrox-snip-

SkinEdit has an old and outdated previewer. I ensure you that Paril's previewer is updated and shows the skins correctly; what they would look like in-game. I suggest McSkin3D, as it has an updated previewer and, in my opinion, is better than SkinEdit.
Aikyrox
05/22/2012 11:02 am
Level 36 : Artisan Creeper Hugger
I use MCSkinEdit and when I make the skin as it looks for the previewer of MCSkinEdit then upload on The PMC previewer, the HEAD:BOTTOM flips...So which previewer is the one that follows the game? Should I purposely invert the HEAD:BOTTOM while making the skin on MCSkinEdit or is it really the PMC previewer that needs to be updated? This has been bothering me for a while because (example) when I upload a skin where hair should be in the backside of the HEAD:BOTTOM, it appears in PMC previewer as hair in the front part of the HEAD:BOTTOM.So it's like there is hair on the chin.
the_soup
03/11/2012 7:34 pm
I know, it's mojang's fault for 'fixing' the way the character texture is laid out. I was mostly wondering if the preview feature here would be updated in the future to reflect those changes.
Excision
03/11/2012 5:12 pm
Level 26 : Expert Miner
Blame Mojang.
the_soup
03/07/2012 12:12 pm
I don't think it did. Skins with the bottom of head inverted in the preview, when downloaded, show up fine in-game. This would indicate that the character model used for the preview and used in-game are not the same.
yoavsnake
03/04/2012 4:19 am
Level 41 : Master Herobrine
It did update!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome