I'm Ponch, minecraft player and gamer of over 20 years

DrummerJacob's Avatar DrummerJacob3/29/14 12:14 am
1 emeralds 234 3
3/29/2014 1:33 am
DrummerJacob's Avatar DrummerJacob
Hello all, Im Ponch. And while being 30 years old might be considered old in Minecraft, it doesn't feel so old. What it does mean is I have been playing games like SimCity, Warcraft and Starcraft since before half (or more) of you were even born!

Now think about that for a minute. I've been playing games since like 1991. I remember my first game ever was MS Golf for Windows 3.1 And when that got old I would open up paint brush on my (.486/66 processor with 256mb of HD space [NOT RAM]) computer and I would sit there and draw roads with a black paintbrush thats like 10 pixels wide, and then I would get a yellow line down the middle, and make a road. Then I would draw square houses and things that could somehow visibly represent a city of sorts.

This is the fun that I could have back then, it was more creative because there was nothing. You had to imagine.

That is what I like about minecraft and thats why I have literally become stuck to this game since I found out about it about 2 years ago. The second I opened up minecraft, my childhood flashed before my eyes, yet this time I had a chance to go back and do it all over again with much better tools in a 3-d environment.

You can't appreciate games like Minecraft until you've had an experience like that, where you are literally just re-interpreting colored squares in a .bmp image for fun, and then years later all the sudden this is in a 3d world with multiplayer and mods and plugins and all that. WOW

Anyway, if anyone would like to see where my inspirations have taken me, feel free to have a look around my survival/city rpg server called Metropolis City:

142.54.161.35:30069
metropoliscity.enjin.com (screenshots in the gallery if you dont want to log on)

If you are into city building or just wanna play, look for me there and we can talk about projects. I play about 10-16 hours a day as of this whole month ahead since I dont have to work until April 27 so I will be playing MC full time.

Hope to see you guys there! Keep crafting 'yall.
DrummerJacob
Level 27 : Expert Architect