[FORGE][v0.9.0][1.7.10] FlenixCities - Everything you need to make a city - Second Shops Update!
189,911Views, 792 today
- 48,274Downloads, 236 today
- 683 Comments
- 121 Favorites
Get Embed Code
Level 71 : Legendary Modder
EXISTING USERS READ THIS!
1.7.10 is now available in a reduced beta state. The blocks exist, but the economy is currently disabled. Shop blocks have been temporarily removed as well, so if you use those do not port your world just yet.
As always, back up before updating. This is fine if you just want to build with the decorative blocks but not much more just yet.
All modules require FlenixCitiesCore, some other modules may have other requirements.
As modules grow, I will create individual pages for them, which will be linked here.
The core module is all of the API stuff, as well as the basic things like ores which all modules require.
The following is a brief list of the main things the Core currently adds. Things in italics will be added in future updates:
- Economy; adding physical and digital currency to the game
- NPC API; NPCs to add life to your city, with a whole host of different types of people!
- Power; generate and use electricity
- City Generation; naturally generate huge cities into your world!
- Computer System; HTML- and Java-based PCs, letting you control in-game machines, as well as design your own web page accessible both in-game and from the real web!
Extremely advanced food system, altering the way food works on a very fundamental level. No longer will you put up with eating a bland cooked porkchop; craft yourself complex meals in various different ways with literally thousands of combinations!
* Requires FlenixTweaks
[Now got it's own page here!size=10pt]][/url][/size]
Large Buildings Module:
This module is for any large buildings you may find - for example a sports stadium, or a shopping center. This includes the infamous escalator and travellator which people seem to simultaneously love and hate.
For things you might find in an office! Includes all the computers and so on.
This will be things which you'd find on the streets, that aren't already part of FlenixRoads. Note that right now it only contains the "Street Blocks" (16 blocks), but it's still important for those with existing worlds.
I have a few other planned modules, these are not yet released or officially announced.
Couple of screenshots:
Ascend to greater structures with FlenixCities
I'd like to make a withdrawl please!
A message to redistribution sites:
I have seen some sites recently who are copying this mod, and not giving me any credit. I'd like to put a simple reminder that this is both unnecessary and illegal. You may argue it's not illegal- it is. The work is copyrighted, and I've already had successful copyright removal requests with sites such as Facebook, which proves that fact.
Now, I'm not saying outright -no- to you redistributing my mods. If you want to post my mod up, then you MUST redirect to my site. You can even have adverts on your site, so long as you DO NOT host it yourself.
Even if you adfly it, so long as the link goes to MY website and not your own rehost, then it's fine. It's really not much to ask, and it makes it much easier to maintain as it will always be up-to-date.
If you do adfly it, I ask that you make a small donation either to me, or to a charity of your choice. The amount you'd earn from the first month is fine.
Here's the link:
Some people were struggling to get Forge and my mods installed, so I made a nice tutorial video on how to do it!
If you want to get in touch for any reason, there's plenty of ways you can do it!
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Sign up and post on my forums
Send me a message on Minecraft Forums
Live Chat on IRC
It's worth noting I post exclusive content each on Facebook, Twitter and my forums- so you'll need to be interacting with me in all three places to get every little bit of information. I also have a blog, but I tweet every time I post to it.
These are questions people keep asking. Look here before you ask a question!
Are you planning to add X block?
I'm always open to suggestions!.
The Escalator/Travellator doesn't work!
Yes, this is an Alpha mod. I'm adding blocks first- functionality comes in Beta.
When will X feature be added?
There's no official timeline yet. When I do make one, it'll be available on my forums, so you'll have to be signed up there to access it (along with other nice goodies)
Add ComputerCraft support!
As much as I'dLOVEto do this, the ComputerCraft developer was pretty adamant that he doesn't want me to extend CC for my computers to work as a CC computer. So, as much as it sucks, it's never gonna happen - out of my control, and I'm not going to recode computercraft for a minor feature like that.
Maybe if you're lucky I'll add Minesweeper. One day.
It's not compatible with X mod!
First, that's not a question. Secondly, WHAT is not compatible? Is it crashing, is X feature not working, or is there just a conflict? If it's crashing, give me a crash report. If it's an ID conflict, that's what the config is for.
I can't find a naturally generated City!
Every time I mention the cities, I use words like "Eventually", "Coming Soon" or similar.
The reason for that, is they aren't implemented yet. Seriously, how hard is that to understand?
I got a crash!
Well that's helpful. First, did you install FlenixCitiesCore? if so, put the entire crash log on pastebin and give me the link
Can I use this in a modpack? (Non-Technic)
If it's a private pack (Whitelisted server of 25 players or less) then yes; just make sure you credit me.
If it's a public pack for open distribution, you need to ask me first. You also need to have your own website; Enjin doesn't count!
Can I use your mod in my Technic modpack?
Yes, but you MUST ask me first. I have clever anti-technic code, and I have to whitelist your pack.
I want to support your mod or make an addon for it!
Great! Go to my website and download FlenixCitiesAPI. In your Forge environment, place it in the "lib" folder, and then in your IDE select it as an external JAR file.
From there, you can do anything! If you are using my economy, use my EconUtils class. Other dedicated API utilities will be added in the future, and you can obviously see the source on my GitHub page.
If you tell me your game crashed, and don't give me the crash log, then I'll assume you are lying. Either give the crash report, or it didn't happen.
(Read more on that here)
|Game Version:||Minecraft 1.6.4|
More Mods by Silvania StudiosView All
Note: Showing last 25 of 37 logs.
Update #37 : 08/30/2014 5:27:19 pm8/30/14
Update #36 : 08/15/2014 8:34:06 am8/15/14
1.7.10 beta. Please see OP for info.
Update #35 : 06/21/2014 7:01:50 am6/21/14
Disabled buying from shops with cards due to a bug. Thanks to the LifeMMO team for alerting me to it.
(200 Diamonds ftw)
Update #34 : 06/15/2014 10:41:41 am6/15/14
BEFORE I update, I will fix any outstanding bugs, so please please PLEASE comment bugs on the thread!
Much appreciated :)
Update #33 : 06/12/2014 10:45:18 am6/12/14
- Fixed card PINs that start with 0 not working properly
- Fixed money drops from mobs to only happen when a player kills said mob
- Whitelisted a few new Technic packs.
Update #32 : 05/26/2014 9:13:49 am5/26/14
- Mob drops have been rebalanced a little bit
- Fixed a bug where the 4th slot of a shop would buy in at the same price as the 3rd slot.
- X was sent to your bank account string now actually tells you what X is
- It also only appears when at least $0.10 was sent.
- Removed video. It was outdated, so I'm ready for some new ones, and I won't get many offers if I've got one of the biggest names in Minecraft's videos on my main page.
Update #31 : 05/08/2014 9:00:02 am5/08/14
- You can now buy from admin shops using your bank account, if you interact with the shop using your debit card. It will use any money in your inventory first, then switch to using your bank. It can also combine them (Using $50 from your inventory and $30 from your bank for an $80 transaction)
- You can no longer buy from a shop if you don't have inventory space for the item you are buying
- When selling to a shop (or getting change from a purchase), if there's not enough room for the money it's sent directly to your bank account.
- When in creative mode, you can see the PIN of any debit card, regardless of owner. Useful for server admins who need access to another players account (eg to remove duped money from another mods bug)
giveChange() will now send change to a bank account if there's not enough room in the players inventory
New API tools:
payBalanceByCard(EntityPlayer, double cost) can charge the players account. It does NOT check if they have a card with them; up to you to do that.
chargePlayerAnywhere(EntityPlayer, double cost) will charge the inventory first and the remainder will be charged to a bank account
inventoryHasSpace safely checks if an inventory has room for an item (including finding partially filled stacks which can be added to), without altering anything. More useful than just checking the return of addItemStackToInventory, becuase you want to cancel a transaction if either side doesn't have space.
hasOwnCard(EntityPlayer) - Checks if the player is currently holding their own card (IE, not someone elses)
depositToAccount(EntityPlayer, World, double amount)
Deposits the amount defined to the players bank account.
Update #30 : 04/25/2014 1:06:25 pm4/25/14
Update #29 : 04/17/2014 8:44:23 pm4/17/14
- Fixed a few bugs with money values over $1,000.
Update #28 : 04/16/2014 10:28:47 am4/16/14
Tonnes of bug fixes!
- Admin shop rendering works much better now
- Admin shop's GUI shows price in a much tidier way (More readable)
- Fixed the bug where money would be shown as X.XX9999999999 sometimes
- Fixed ATM showing that you have a lot more money than you really do
- Fixed Admin Shops always buying 1 regardless of set qty (which was a huge dupe bug, sorry 'bout that :P)
Couple of API fixes too:
- Fixed findCashInInventorywithChange - It now correctly gives change :P
- Renamed roundedBalance to formattedBalance. It now returns a STRING, not a DOUBLE - If you followed my advice and only used it for information you should be fine, but if you used it for actual code somewhere then you need to update. And for the love of god just use getBalance... :P
formattedBalance does nothing except format a double to appear as cash now. You can use it anywhere:
EconUtils.formatBalance(yourDoubleVar) will take whatever the double is (say 4.3524), and change it to be a rounded cash balance as a string, for example "4.36". It works with 0's too, so 4.3 would appear as "4.30".
If for some reason you DO need it to return a double, just use the parser;
EconUtils.parseDouble(EconUtils.formatBalance(var)) will give a formatted double, but if there's a 0 on the end you'll lose it.
FlenixCities Research is coming out in a matter of minutes too. For those of you who get in early, it's already on the site; just gotta make a post :)
Update #27 : 03/19/2014 8:12:59 pm3/19/14
- Admin shop completed:
-- Can be both bought from and sold to
-- Dynamically enable/disable. You cannot sell to it for 0, and cannot buy or sell to an empty slot.
-- Bounding box shrunk to fit
-- Renders the item on it's shelf physically
-- Rendered in-hand
-- Fixed "can't buy for free" bug
-- Fixed only being able to buy in creative mode
-- ATM now renders 3D in hand
- Rebar & Skyscraper block recipes are cheaper
The next version will be 0.9, and will contain player-owned shops, and the NPC spawner. I will then fix any bugs, and the official release will be sent out as 1.0! After 1.0 is out, I'll be porting to 1.7.2 as per request.
Update #26 : 03/05/2014 5:36:40 pm3/05/14
- Fixed NPE when right-clicking ATM
- Fixed shops sometimes not working (Can you guys test this please? Enable debug mode then post the console log if it doesn't work.)
- Fixed a few minor bugs (EG admin shop configurability)
- Added "City Life" technic pack to whitelist
- Added the Admin Store Block:
- You must be in creative mode to alter it
- Place items into the 4 slots, and set the price in the second tab
- The size of the stack is how much will sell on each sale
- The text box in the buy tab is a sale multiplier.
- SELLING TO THE SHOP DOES NOT WORK!
- PLAYER-OWNED SHOPS WILL COME IN A LATER VERSION!
- THE SHOP DOES NOT YET RENDER CONTENT TO ITS SHELVES!
The main purpose of the Admin Store block is for servers. Servers who use this mod can now have a shop at spawn or wherever else they like to sell valuable resources.
Update #25 : 02/15/2014 5:59:04 pm2/15/14
You only need to re-download Large Buildings. Nothing else has changed in this update.
Update #24 : 01/28/2014 6:22:09 pm1/28/14
This update focuses mainly on the economy, again.
A lot of the tweaks are internal, but I've also made a few nice modifications to the ATM. By popular request, shift-right-clicking the ATM now deposits all the cash in your inventory instantly!
Thanks to the API changes, other people can now very easily charge you money to do things in their mods. Shops will be coming quite soon, hopefully in 0.7.1 or 0.7.2
The API itself can be downloaded from the usual place you get the mod, scroll down past the other modules and you should see it. There is a .txt containing info on how to use it inside the .jar
Update #23 : 01/16/2014 1:28:36 pm1/16/14
Update #22 : 01/01/2014 5:33:18 pm1/01/14
The liquids are fully compatible with BC and Railcraft tanks, pipes etc. Only the oil works with openblocks (They need to add support) - no other mods have been tested for compatibility (Let me know what does/doesn't work!)
Update #21 : 12/25/2013 8:09:02 pm12/25/13
Update #20 : 12/14/2013 12:19:39 pm12/14/13
Update #19 : 11/25/2013 5:30:21 pm11/25/13
But, here's a nice pre-release for you. I need people to test it out! Create a test server and use it with friends.
Changes are all to the debit card this time, completing it. Any existing cards in the world are no longer usable and read as broken. There's a new debit card, only available in creative right now (final release you'll get 'em from bankers)
- Debit cards now have their own unique PIN code. You are told this PIN when you get the card, and ONLY when you get the card, so write it down!
- The unique PIN for your debit card is what you use on an ATM
- If you use someone elses debit card, and their correct PIN, you have access to their money!
- If you lose your debit card and get another one, you do NOT lose your money, it's safe.
PINs right now are not changable, and if you forget your PIN that's it. This is a pre-release.
In the final 0.5 release, the following will be added:
- The ability to get a card from a banker (For a cost, default of $10 but configurable)
- The ability to change your PIN in an ATM, if you know the existing PIN
- The ability for a banker to change your PIN, without giving your current one, for free
- The ability to bank directly with a banker, no debit card required
- DigiCoin (Bukkit integration)
- Wallets (Backpack for holding up to 18 slots of money & cards in one inventory space)
- A config option to show your PIN (and only yours) on a tooltip, in case you're forgetful (but, if your friend logs in as you, they can see the PIN!)
- Anything else you guys suggest!
Update #18 : 11/14/2013 12:37:26 pm11/14/13
So long as you use the recommended version of Forge, there is NO ATM CRASH.
The ATM crash is only present in DEVELOPER BUILDS of Forge. I don't, and never will, support dev versions, and as such I won't be fixing this issue until a new recommended build comes out.
Basically, so long as you are using the recommended builds you're fine. If you insist on using the dev builds, you're on your own. They are "dev builds" for a reason; they're buggy and unsupported and shouldn't be used in a production environment (ie worlds you like or servers)
If you have an issue with this, let me know.
Update #17 : 10/30/2013 8:30:13 pm10/30/13
There was some sort of a bug fix too, but I totally forgot what it was exactly...
Update #16 : 10/22/2013 8:11:45 am10/22/13
- Added some drywalls which act like glass panes. They currently let light through, and I can't seem to fix that.
I don't recommend using the walls right now but feel free if you wish. Don't complain to me if they break in 1.7 though, as I predict they will.
Update #15 : 10/16/2013 5:21:02 pm10/16/13
Update #14 : 10/14/2013 6:43:27 pm10/14/13
- Started to add Bukkit support. Nothing visible to you guys yet, but it's coming!
Bukkit support will be pretty simplistic. Lets take a real world example;
You have the cash in your pocket. This is the physical cash.
You have some more cash in your bank account, this is the ATM.
You have a bit of cash in PayPal. This is the bukkit side.
Basically, it's a separate account. You'll be able to transfer money between accounts through the ATM at first - and eventually through the internal webserver I'm building which the computer, laptop and myPhone will all have access to.
The benefits of this are only for MCPC+ or BukkitForge (if alexbegt ever updates it :P) servers. It basically allows you to use your physical FlenixCities cash to pay for things in a bukkit shop, fund Towny, and so on.
Update #13 : 10/12/2013 6:00:25 pm10/12/13
- Fixed drops for metadata blocks being incorrect
- Added crafting recipes for skyscraper blocks and the wool-topped blocks
- Added "Rebar" block
- Fixed top and bottom textures for skyscraper blocks
- Fixed mobs not dropping money
- Fixed any 1.6.4-related texture issues.
Join us to post comments.