Project 1845 (Beijing 1751 AD)
868,888Views, 470 today
- 125,106Downloads, 38 today
- 3,703 Comments
- 1,485 Favorites
Get Embed Code
Level 78 : Legendary Architect
Download Size: 122.5mb
Latest Month Snapshot: 16 - Feb - 2013
- Official Project Texture Pack "Authentic Chinese"
- Twitch.tv Livestream Recordings of Construction
- Gay Gamer Interviews Bohtauri about Project 1845
Current Pack Version: 1.2
Last updated: December 3rd, 2012
Previous Updated: May 24th 2012
- Custom Trees - 17 custom built trees built to scale, based off Native Chinese trees found on wikipedia
- 1845 Signature Clouds -Swirling clouds of snow that are tileable for yourAsianprojects. These were designed by a project volunteer namedClarvel.
- Statue of Bohtauri -A not so serious schematic, have a statue of me lying down. You can see this in my tomb on the project map(hmm, maybe im a zombie?)
- Spirit Tower -A signature building in the ming tombs to help lead the spirits of dead emperors to heaven. Simple but puuuurty!
- Changling Tomb Treasure Building -A landmark building in the project for its detail and awe inspiring looks. Now you can own it today :)
- Tiao Tian Temple -One of the few circular building in project 1845 it is used to worship the heavens for the common folk in Beijing.
- 1845 Visitors Center -The starting point for any traveler for any visitor to the project on the server.
- Corner Tower of Inner Palace -The corner tower with 7separateroofs is apieceof unique construction in the project.
- Hall of the Ancestors -The largest single building in the Schematics pack. This was used by the emperor to worship his ancestors inside the Forbidden City
- Lead Arrchitects Residence -You can now live in the house the lead architect and curator of the project map lives in.
- Silk Workshops Main Hall -This empty building is small and unique enough to be in the pack if you want a small central meeting place for people or to be used however you want.
- 1:1 scale replica of theENTIRE Beijing Cityback in 1750
- 1:1 scale replica of the Forbidden City back in 1750
- 1:1 scale replica of Ming Dynasty Tombs 1368 - 1641
- 1:1 scale replica of Summer Palace in 1911
- 1:1 scale replica of Yuanmingyuan 1760 - 1901
Please take note that almost all major landmarks on themselves are world-first 1:1 scale builds in Minecraft at least, due to complexity and lack of simple schematics.
Current Statistics During Construction:
- 6.35%Total Completed
- Three Years of Construction So Far
- 133,348,823Blocks Used So Far
- Will Contain Approximately 2,100,000,000 blocks
- Approximately4-9 Yearsto Go
- Over 120 Kilometersof minecart rail to travel on(75+ miles)
- Scale:1:1 ( 1 block = 1 Cubic Meter )
- Map Size:16,000 x 16,000 Blocks (256 square kilometers)
- Anniversary of Groundbreaking:17 July 2011
- Amount of Buildings:~360-420,000
- Largest Urban Minecraft Project
- Largest 1:1 scale Replica
- 5th LargestMinecraft Project Ever
- Most "Diamonds" for any PMC submission in any category
We are attempting a world record with it becoming the largest single 1:1 scale replica build project in theentire sandbox game genre which has been confirmed to be a legit world record with theGuinnessworld record books. This has been confirmed by Guinness but it isn't our main aim of the project.
The entire project is fully downloadable by everyone and the download is updated monthly. You can download the latest snapshot at the Minecraft World Save button and search for previous worldsave snapshots.
Project 1845 Map October 2011
Project 1845 Map August 2012
Project 1845 Map July 2013
Project 1845 Map March 2014
Project 1845 Map July 2014
This is a list of questions i Regularly have to attend to, hopefully this will reduce the questions asked somwhat.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Forbidden City,Centerpieceof Project 1845, containing 4.2 Million blocks was built 100% legit and was the slowest time of construction. The rest of the project will contain 2.096 Billion Blocks and will be spawned blocks. A minority of it will be worldedited but over 600,000 buildings will be unique making worldedit for a large majority of the entire project impossible to use. I have never claimed the project is done 100% legit and here is why:
If we did the ENTIRE project 1845 100% legit then we will need 15 users working on the project 40 hours a week EACH for 7 days a week for 95 years. Now, do you call spawned blocks cheating? no, making this legit will take over a century. This would be literally condemningpeople to work more than an entire lifetime to build it legit, call spawned items cheating on the project and this is why I will ban you, I don't have patience anymore for sh*tstirring.
and yes, project 1845 is composed of at least 4independentprojects dating from 1600 - 1945.
- First page in all of PMC to reach 1,300th, 1,400th, 1,500th, 1,600th , 1,700th, 1,800th,1,900th, 2,000th, 2,100th, 2,200th, 2,300th, 2,400th, 2,500th, 2,600th, 2,700th, 2,800th, 2,900th, 3,000th, 3,100th, 3,200th, 3,300th, 3,400th, 3,500th, 3,600th, 3,700th, 3,800th, 3,900th, 4,000th, 4,100th, 4,200th, 4,300th, 4,400th, 4,500th, 4,600th, 4,700th, 4,800th, 4,900th, 5,000th, 5,100th, 5,200th, 5,300th, 5,400th, 5,500th, 5,600th, 5,700th, 5,800th, 5,900th, 6,000th, 6,100th, 6,200th, 6,300th, 6,400th, 6,500th, 6,600th, 6,700th, 6,800th, 6,900th, 7,000th, 7,100th, 7,200th, 7,300th, 7,400th, 7,500th, 7,600th, 7,700th, 7,800th, 7,900th, 8,000th, 8,100th, 8,200th, 8,300th, 8,400th, 8,500th, 8,600th, 8,700th, 8,800th, 8,900th, 9,000th, 9,100th, 9,200th, Diamond
- First project to reach 600th, 700th, 800th, 900th,1,000th,1,100th and 1,200th Diamond,
- First project to reach 500th, 600th, 700th 800th, 900th,1,000th, 1,100th, 1,200th and 1,300th Comment.
- 1st Most Discussed, 2nd Most Favorited, 10th Most Viewed Project
- Most Popular Project in the "Complex" category. 12th Most Popular Overall Project.
|Tags:||Complex, Bohtauri, Beijing, 1845, China, Epic, World First, Project, Project 1845|
|Credit:||Project Founder: Bohtauri Donated $50:Mark Wong Donated $20: Whede1601|
More Projects by bohtauriView All
Note: Showing last 25 of 129 logs.
3 Year Anniversary Today : 07/17/2014 1:47:33 am7/17/14
I do have content planned and working on, it is running behind schedule but it will be up shortly. Including updated dynmaps, infographics and shiny new shader renders :)
Update #128 : 03/19/2014 2:30:03 am3/19/14
Time to let everyone know whats been happening.
- New Brand Name: We will be shifting away from calling this Project 1845, this name has served us well but it has come to the point of not representing the big plan. This project is a replica of Beijing City in 1751 AD which is part of the Digital Historian Project. But dont worry, thew
- New Images: Added many new simple shader renders of major completed sites. More coming soon.
- Port Number Update: The IP address is now just project1845.net no port numbers. Please note too that this project is not a standalone server, it is a project inside the Earthrealm server community.
- Expanded Website: lots of things I can say here. New design layout, new content, regular blog posts to keep up to date and a store being constructed to buy merchandise if you want to support us
- Things Built: We have gone from 5.0% to 6.2% in the past 2 months which is a stunning achievment, this is more than 12 million blocks placed!!
- More videos
- Project profile is going to get a makeover!!
- More renders
- Updated resource pack
- More built content
- Regular website news
- Website store
Update #127 : 01/15/2014 11:00:54 pm1/15/14
Update #126 : 12/27/2013 4:20:35 pm12/27/13
This is a special bungee server, this means you can login with a 1.7.4 client while the server is still a 1.6.4 server and world-saves. you can still login with a 1.6.4 client if you have special mods but this is to stop restricting players who keep updated.
Update #125 : 11/12/2013 12:37:02 am11/12/13
Since the previous snapshot available last July we have completed over 0.5% of the projects total completion. That's still another 12 million blocks of content added in the past 4 months!!
Update #124 : 11/09/2013 4:34:02 am11/09/13
- Reached 5.5% complete (116 million blocks)
- Over 100 kilometers of roading added
- New spawn building to highlight our new freebuild map and to visit the projects blueprint.
- Renovation/Overhaul of temple of heaven complex has begun. 3x Larger than the Forbidden City section!!
Update #123 : 09/23/2013 11:29:36 pm9/23/13
- New spawn has been completed, finally...
- New newcomers guide image uploaded and ready.
- New freebuild map is now open to the public for anyone to build on.
Definitely a big update for the server and the project. Enjoy :)
Update #122 : 09/17/2013 11:53:38 pm9/17/13
- Added a new infographic to the project description
- Next big Project 1845 livestream will be run this thursday (AustralianEST Time GMT+10)
A HUGE thank you to all Project 1845 supporters for our first 24 hour livestream. Even though a rogue PMC moderator thought I was spamming updates and blocked access to the 1845 page we still managed toattracta record number of visitors to the livestream and the server.
Update #121 : 09/11/2013 12:20:24 am9/11/13
Let the 24 hour marathon begin!!!
Update #120 : 09/09/2013 3:16:12 am9/09/13
On other news, we are planning a 24 hour livestream marathon this week, wednesday midday - thursday midday (gmt+10) This will be on the twitch stream of Bohtauri and CharedeGaming which are both found in PMC's LiveTV section. Something to add to your calendar. Join us and find out answers to all your questions, no matter how small. Maybe some youtube celebs will be turning up maybe ;)
Update #119 : 07/22/2013 8:08:38 pm7/22/13
Minecraft Mondays Show
Yep, were in it again! This time in Episode 112. Just so everyone knows. the new server IP is project1845.net:65525
Update #118 : 07/16/2013 1:06:40 am7/16/13
24th Snapshot - July 2013 - Out Now!
Download via the usual way. Since the last one we reached 5% complete with a lot of new renovation work done on the Forbidden City section plus more farmland. Things have been busy recently, setting things up for the 2 year anniversary which is Tomorrow!!
Update #117 : 07/10/2013 11:40:49 pm7/10/13
New 2 Year Anniversary Video & 5% Complete.
1st year we completed 1.9% while in our second year we completed 3.1%, next year we should do another 5 - 7% and so on, steadily completing it faster and faster every year.
Also, the new youtube video on the project page is a flyover of the entire imperial axis, which is very long but shows a lot of good parts. From now on, we will produce one of these flyovers at least once a year, that way you can compare changes, additions and renovations. Enjoy :)
Update #116 : 07/07/2013 9:04:23 pm7/07/13
We have just surpassed 100,000 downloads of worldsaves on our PMC page. Thank you so much for your support everyone. :)
Update #115 : 06/27/2013 9:23:46 pm6/27/13
Yep, we sure do. Brand spanking new snapshot available to download. just re download the worldsave from the usual location. Its only 20mb larger than the last snapshot with approx 20 million newly placed blocks.
Update #113 : 05/05/2013 4:14:01 am5/05/13
Update #111 : 03/27/2013 9:35:14 pm3/27/13
- All walls inside the Forbidden City section have been renovated from Beta 1.6 content to 1.4.7 content.
- Work has started on Gulou Hutong district
- Volunteer University has several major sections including, farmland, trees, roofing, interior decorating.
- 7000th Diamond on Planet Minecraft. First page and first project in all of Planet Minecraft to reach this milestone!
Were also planning to start making a monthly snapshot video explaining what has changed since the last download. Expect an April video in the next week or two.
Update #110 : 03/16/2013 6:54:04 am3/16/13
It has also been shrunk a lot more. no longer 200mb+ download but less than 50mb now.
It can still be uncompressed by any Operating system. No uncompression software is required like winzip, stuffit or winrar. Just Right Click > Extract/Unpack!!
Once uncompressed it is no longer 2.5gb but a small 480mb. No content has been lost, this has been a back-end optimization to reduce download size.
Update #109 : 03/15/2013 12:27:06 am3/15/13
Update #108 : 02/23/2013 5:04:07 am2/23/13
Update #107 : 02/21/2013 10:33:24 pm2/21/13
Remember. Dont be afraid of downloading such a big map. its been tested and if you can run minecraft, it will run this map. It isnt as laggy as some projects out there like the survival games maps.
Update #106 : 02/19/2013 5:08:24 pm2/19/13
New Snapshot Download
February's snapshot has been uploaded and ready for public download. We have fixed the map size error and the download is a cool 90mb smaller. Enjoy :)
Patch 1.5 Changes
In preparation to patch 1.5 coming out to Minecraft we have these changes planned.
- You will be able to download the map, texturepack and installation instructions all in one place.
- We will be leaving sourceforge and joining mediafire to make it easier to download
- New telelport system that will work in singleplayer will be completed in-game
- A new website of information will be made live to help players.
Update #105 : 02/18/2013 6:14:39 am2/18/13
New Snapshot download
Yes, January's snapshot is uploaded. this took so long partly because I forgot and that its much larger. Instead of 95mb in size and expands to 2.2gb it is 271mb downloaded and 4.5gb expanded.
Dont worry about lag though, if your computer has minecraft, it can play this map it just might take a while to get it set up..
Join us to post comments.