NEW PVP MAP
I have just created a new version of this map that is now playable as a pvp map for 2- 40 people.
Here is the link to the PVP map download (THIS IS DIFFERENT THEN THE DOWNLOAD AT THE TOP):
No mods are required to play this map
This map is in alpha version and I need people to test it and tell me what they like and what can be improved. I have only been able to play this with two people myself and although it was fun it is really made for more then two players.
To help signify which team you are on feel free to use these skins as your team jerseys
Goal of the game:
The players are divided up into two teams, the Angels and the Demons. The goal of the game is to kill the opposing team's leaders to take control of their tower. There are 10 leaders that must be destroyed or defended in the game. You can kill a leader by knocking off his head. The leaders are scattered throughout the main towers and also on the smaller floating islands.
How to play:
1.When you first enter the game and spawn you will end up in a safe spawning zone where no pvp is aloud. This area is also the area where you will resurrect when you die.
2. Divide up into two teams (angles or demons) and then make your way up to the top floor of your team's tower. This area is the armory, and is where you can get basic gear for pvp. The other team is aloud to steal any gear from this room if they can make it up to the tower but at the beginning it just serves as a starting pvp area and armory. (you may want to only bring a few items from the armory because gear is limited and you may lose it upon death.)
3. The server admin or any leader will begin a ten second countdown when everyone is ready for the game to begin. When the game is started each team's goal is to defend their base and also destroy the opposing team's nobles, the first team to destroy all ten nobles wins the game.
4. The game can be reset by reloading a fresh world save/schematic or items can be added in and replaced manually by an admin.
****Feel free to change the rules to your liking if you want these are just the basic rules on how to play the game.
1.Play the game on survival mode. I would suggest playing on either peaceful, or easy mode depending on if you want mobs on or not. Any of the other modes become really difficult. Beware: When creating the map I did not use a lot of light inside the buildings because..... well half of the map is made of snow and ice. Also the islands are the only structure in the whole map so mobs spawn like crazy.
2. You may not break or place any blocks on the map except for face/mask blocks that are used for the leader's heads.
3. Weapons may be stolen by enemy teams from your armory, it is your job to defend your weapons, remember resources are limited.
4. A team must kill ALL 10 Leaders to win the game and take control of the map.
5. NO pvp in the spawn area, the rest of the map is fair game. Also when re spawning please only go through your team's exit.
The Corrupted Heavens story:
Steve was searching for the perfect upscale getaway, but his contractor got a bit too ambitious for their own good when designing his new place. First, Steve wanted to just build a large mansion big enough to store all of his new possessions, but his contractor had suggested another idea. "Why not build your own kingdom?" the contractor told him. It turns out that this was not an ordinary contractor, she claimed to be able to build Steve his own kingdom in the sky that he would rule over and have the freedom to do anything he wanted. All he had to do was give her a week to get a design together, money for the resources to build it, and the creative licence to come up with any sort of building she wanted. Although Steve was skeptical, he decided to take her up on her offer and see what this contractor could come up with.
A week later, Steve met with his contractor, who to his surprise had shown up to their meeting in funny white robes, and fake angel wings. Although he had expected her to bring along plans and schematics, she seemed to only bring a rather curious looking snow globe with two towers and an angelic looking kingdom inside.Of course Steve thought she was insane and was about to question her on her appearance,when, she urgently interrupted him. "Sorry I am late", she said panting, but I have run into a bit of an issue while building your kingdom.
"Building my kingdom", Steve thought to himself, I thought she was just speaking in metaphor. Steve just played along because he did not want to break her already estranged sanity, "What is the problem?" he asked.
"I have built your kingdom too perfectly, and have angered the demons. They are spreading their corruption throughout your lands." Before Steve had time to react to her crazy statement she flipped over her snow globe, did a spin in a circle three times and then everything in the room became bright white. Steve closed his eyes because of the blinding light and when he opened them he seemed to be standing in front of two giant towers, and it looked as if he was standing inside of the snow globe. .When he looked up at his contractor, her costume had turned into a real set of angel wings and a gold threaded flowing gown.
"Quickly she urged him, you must come with me and save your kingdom!"
"Maybe she is not so crazy after all" he thought, "or I am crazy too."
General information about my project:
Mods: I built almost all of this project by hand, but I used MC edit to change the environment to different block types.
Texture pack: There is none, I used the default textures because I wanted to try and make something beautiful without using a spiffy HD texture pack that everyone had to download.