How to Make A Bukkit Server ~ Easiest Way~ All OS's
778Views, 6 today
Get Embed Code
Level 22 : Expert Nerd
Posted 05/22/12 5:26:25 pm , last updated: 11/26/12 8:16:22 pm
How to Make a Bukkit (Plugin) Server for Windows
1. Go to www.bukkit.org
2. On the home screen there is a panel to the side of the forum. Click on the Biggest one and download the CraftBukkit software.
NOTE: Make sure to Save As in a folder. This will help you keep organized. Call the folder Bukkit Server or anything you want. Put it on your desktop.
3. Open up a Notepad not Wordpad.
4. Type the following.
CD /D "%BINDIR%"
"%ProgramFiles%Javajre6binjava.exe" -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar
If when you turn your render distance to Far and it gives you a warning message this is what you must type.
CD /D "%BINDIR%"
"%ProgramFiles(x86)%)Javajre6binjava.exe" -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar
5. Notice on the 5th Line there is the CraftBukkit.jar since windows will look for that file you must rename it CraftBukkit.
6. Save it not as a TXT file but call it RUN.bat. Put it in your Bukkit Server folder.
NOTE: To further edit it you must right click and open with Textpad
7. Open up Run.bat this is how you open up CraftBukkit. It should start generating files in your folder and unpacking the Spawn. If it says failed bind to port you must shut down any others programs running a server. If it says something about initialization you must restart your computer. If it says it can't find the server you did not follow step 5. any other questions can be posted in the comments and I will do my best to help.
8. When your done playing around, enter into the console op
Then type "Stop" DO NOT CLOSE THE WINDOW! Always type stop.
9. Open up the Properties file. It should start with Notepad. You may change any thing you like to True or False the MOTD is what appears o the Multiplayer screen so type anything to want in there but don't make it to long.
10. Congrats! You now know the basics on Server Upkeep. Remember others can not access your server yet because it it not Port Forwarded. To access your server at any time you must have the console running and type for the IP localhost.
For Apple Users
1. Download the Craftbukkit.jar files from www.bukkit.org found on the side bar. Call it CraftBukkit.jar.
2. Open up the terminal screen found in Finder, Application, then Utilities.
3. Copy and Pate the following:
curl -O http://cbukk.it/craftbukkit.jar
mv craftbukkit-1.1-R3.jar CraftBukkit.jar
echo "cd ~/Desktop/BukkitServer/" >> start.command
echo "java -Xms[RAM]M -Xmx[RAM]M -jar CraftBukkit.jar" >> start.command
chmod +x start.command
open -a TextEdit start.command
The terminal screen is the command prompy for Macs. From there it should open up a Text Edit Screen. Text Edit is the Notepad for a Mac.
4. You will see [RAM] in two different locations. Replace both with the numbers 512 or 1024 or 1536 or 2560 or 3072 or 5120. These tell the server how much RAM to use. 1024 is 1 GB of RAM. This is a good amount for a small server on a good computer.
5. Drag the Craftbukkit.jar file into the new folder on your desktop created. Then double click the start file and your off! If it failed you entered too high a number and have to redo from step 3.
6. Go from Step 7 on above
How to Port Forward!!!! (Best Guide)
Alright, the port forwarding process is perhaps the hardest part of making a server but is awesome in the end! Follow these steps and make sure to PM me or comment if there is a problem.
1. Open up the computer's command prompt. Type in ipconfig. Find it by typing cmd in search.
2. Scroll up. In default gateway your ip adress should be there. It is a set of numbers like this: ***.***.****.**. This might change. The IP given is top secret so never share it. it is your INTERNAL IP address and controls your entire home network. Keep this number.
3. Open up your browser and in the browser type the number. That's all you need to type. MAKE SURE NOT TO PUT HTTP IN FRONT OF IT!
4. It SHOULD go to your routers website. If not, your going to have to go to their site and find it manually.
5. Now that your there it should have a few options. Go to "Firewall" and if it prompts a password, the default is usally password or admin. In Port Forwarding click something like create a Port or something. It will now prompt a port in two spaces. Type 25565 the port for MC in both. Don't fill in others. REMEMBER: You need to create this under the ip you found in your cmd. Make sure to select it fom the list BEFORE doing this or else it with Port Forward another computer in your network.
6. It should have two acronyms like UCD and something I did not bother remembering. Check any one and click add definition. Then do the same but check the other.
7. Save it and your done!
- Check your port signal! http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ Make sure to replace port 80 with 25565!
- How may people can you host? http://canihostaminecraftserver.com/
Thanks everyone! If I get 10 diamonds I will post how to manage and download plugins. This blog took a lot of work so please give a good comment and pass it on to your friends! Hope this helped. See you guys. - Civ
Civ Says: I am glad to get that done!
|Tags:||Bukkit, Server, How, Port, Mac, Macintosh, Apple, Windows, Forwarding, Forward, Make, Civilization, CivilizationLord, Multiplayer, Tutorial|
Update #5 : 11/26/2012 8:16:22 pm11/26/12
Update #4 : 11/23/2012 6:58:01 pm11/23/12
Update #3 : 06/25/2012 8:12:55 pm6/25/12
In this update...
Update #2 : 06/13/2012 4:06:20 pm6/13/12
Update #1 : 06/11/2012 8:11:58 pm6/11/12
Join us to post comments.