[Issue] Search Function Not Working Properly

mischajay's Avatar mischajay5/20/13 7:54 am
1 emeralds 313 3
5/31/2013 4:53 am
mischajay's Avatar mischajay
Hey there,

it seems to me that the search function of the site does not work the way it should be. When searching for a combination of words in the Most Popular/Views/Download-section, the submissions appearing on the very top of the search are the ones with the most views/downloads/etc. but are not specifically relevant to all of the words searched for, but only one of them.

Here are a few examples:
When searching for the combination of the words "Game (of) Thrones", the top results will be skins with the most views/downloads/etc. with at least one of these terms in their title or tags. Since many, many skins have the tag "Gaming" or are related to games, there naturally is a bunch of skins that are very popular, have something to do with gaming, but are not "Game of Thrones" related and most likely don't even have the tag "Thrones".

Another example:
There are thousands of Assassin's Creed skins here on PMC. But when I try to search for a specific outfit, for example the Outfit from the Game "Assassin's Creed Revelations", the search is not able to provide me with those specific skins, unless I only search for "Revelations", without the "Assassins"-tag.

Strangely, it works in the "Recently Updated" section. When I search for something specific there with combination of a few words, the results are only the ones which include all words I searched for. In my opinion, zhis is how it should be for all sections.

I hope I could explain this issue clearly enough, it was kinda hard to explain. Thanks in advance for any information about this issue and for potentially fixing it.
mischajay
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Skinner