Studnicky's Skins Contest - WINNERS ANNOUNCED! (Pg. 15)

Cipher_Punk's Avatar Cipher_Punk9/7/11 7:43 pm
1 emeralds 10.3k 189
3/3/2012 3:29 pm
the_soup's Avatar the_soup
Well since so many people joined in on HappyBandAid's skin-making contest, I figured we should keep this up. Perhaps as a weekly thing, even. It was fun!

This week, I want to see some dwarves. More importantly, I want to see some dwarves that are not clones of Honeydew. I hereby declare this the PMC's unofficial
"Dwarves that are not Honeydew"
contest. The theme of this contest will be medieval & fantasy portrayals of Dwarves.

The rules will be as follows:

1. Absolutely no Honeydew.
No part of the skins submitted may be copied in any way, shape, or form from the Yogcast skin. No parts at all may be copied from the Yogcast skin. You will be disqualified.

2. Skins must be new and made for this contest.
No copies, re-posts, or old skins will be accepted. Give us something new and fresh, please!

3. Submit something you made.
Sampling skins is not 'making' a skin. It is copying and applying minor edits. SkinCraft is not 'making' a skin. It is copying from a library of 'parts'. Take your time, start from scratch, and make something completely unique!

4. One entry per person.
Each user will only be permitted to submit one skin for this contest. This doesn't mean you can't make more, but I would suggest submitting only your best one, for obvious reasons.

5. The contest will run for one week.
Post dates must be made after today's date, Sept. 7th. The contest will end a week from today, on Wednesday, Sept. 14th. Skins submitted after the 14th will not be accepted.

6. Take your time, and make it fun!
Give your skin some character! Give him/her a name, and maybe a backstory. Give them some defining characteristics. Make it unique and awesome! Remember, you have a week to do this. You don't need to put something up right away - and even if you chose to, you're allowed to update your submission as many times as you want before the final close date of the 14th.

How to submit a skin for the contest:
When submitting your skin, be sure to include a link to this topic in the skin's description, so that more people become aware of this contest! I encourage you to include (Contest Skin) in your submission title, as well. Post a link to their skins in this thread. Submissions by PM will not be accepted. If you do not know how to post a skin link, use this picture for reference.

The Prizes
1st place: A slot on my private server

2nd place: A free signature banner or site avatar design

3rd place: A "guest appearance" in my Official Forums skins thread (with over 80k views)

Prizes will be inclusive - that is, the member winning first place will also receive the prizes from 2nd and 3rd, and 2nd place will also receive the 3rd place prize.

Sorry, no cash prizes (I am sorta a broke college student).

Tips on making skins
If you need help or want some tips for making nice skins, I recently published a step by step guide. You can find it here.

Halucid, another fantastic skin maker, once recorded the entire process of him making a skin. You can watch the video here.

Between the two of those, perhaps you will get some ideas about how to improve your work. There is no 'right' or 'wrong' way, as this is a form of art! These are just two different methods Halucid and I have used for producing nice results.

The submissions so far:
In order of posting:

1. Golden Dwarf by Dcorona

2. Upper Class Dwarf Miner by MN2K

3. Dwarf by HakkeKoshu

4. Dwarf Veteran by PlasticArmy

5. Dwarf Blacksmith by ParisTheIdiot

6. Dwarf by dtddwd96

7. Varkon the Dwarven Blacksmith by Bleyd

8. Dwarf by X_creeper!

9. Dwarf Hunter by Musicairsoft

10. Dwarf Smith by _BloXy_

11. Dwarf Free-runner by Brutakk

12. Dwarf miner by beastseye
- Skin withdrawn and member disqualified due to plagiarism -

13. Mountain Dwarf by FrOzEn_ONE

14. Dwarfen Defenderby juddaba

15. Urg the Shiny by Boomer

16. Sunnytime Dwarf by Volind

17. Dwarf Miner by OscarTaek

18. Dwarf by FilaStyle84

19. A Very Beardly Dwarfby Happybandaid

20. Argyth the Dwarf Highwayman by ianbaker

21. Thifback, The Dwarf Assassin of Barrador by TheSnooperz

22. Dwarf Warrior by TwebDude

23. Dwarf engineer by Pens_and_Pencils

24. Dwarf Guardian by Br3aking

25. Gekkor Rockpick by spoonodeath

26. Space Dwarf - Orbital Mining Suit by SafetyMoose

27. Dwarf Guard by red_hot_boy4

28. Dwarf Mercenary by samhkin

29. Lazy's dwarf by Lazy

30. Duergar/Grey Dwarf Roxthesox

31. Starting Dwarf by TwiDragon

32. Dwarfy by xphalcon

33. Mortimer Lurcock by xeroxthemachine

34. Princess Georgia Amethyspireby Griff Morivan

35. Dwarf by jackie1st

36. Dwarf of the North by DaParc

37. Ulgar the Carrier of the Golden Bow by RokMonstaSkins

38. Forester Dwarf by Adebar

39. Dwarf by DarkThief
- Skin withdrawn and member disqualified due to plagiarism -

40. Old and Achy Dwarve by TrentonYo

41. Dwarf Smith by Anonymus3

42. Fredrik the Dwarf by Elegant_Blade

43. Dwarfish General by eviltictac

44. Lady Dwarf Warrior by Cadsuane

Burlyn Thunderbrew by sammo99

Judges
I will be recruiting judges starting now, who will remain anonymous. I will need at least four judges. It probably helps if I already know you. Judges will be encouraged to participate, but will be disqualified from winning prizes.
Cipher_Punk
Retired Moderator
Level 80 : Elite Grump

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/03/2012 3:29 pm
Level 72 : Legendary Button Pusher
the_soup
*grumbles about not seeing another contest she could have entered and totally placed in*
*notices timestamp*
Oh...
11/24/2011 9:03 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
arkedan
11/24/2011 10:44 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Enderdragon
delet_this
09/20/2011 9:30 pm
Level 48 : Master Modder
Borisr55
no new contest.
09/16/2011 1:04 am
Level 56 : Grandmaster Electrician
juddaba
Car0tSorry for the late entry, but can you accept this?

um, we finished a couple of days ago buddy

I gota say, judging was hard for the top spots.
Anyway congrats Pens on the win, it was a
fantastic skin.
09/16/2011 12:33 am
Level 35 : Artisan Unicorn
Car0t
Sorry for the late entry, but can you accept this?

View Princess Dwarfina
09/15/2011 11:12 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Sailor
ianbaker
I've recently become fascinated with Ancient Greece and Rome. Perhaps those could be a theme for a future skin contest?
09/15/2011 11:54 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Skinner
Cadsuane
Yeah, that could be cool. Lots of inspiration there. A tangential theme would be 'Myths and Legends'. That would cover things like Zeus, Hercules, the minotaur, etc. but also leave room for people to make Odin or the Lady of the Lake or...Bigfoot. Maybe that is too broad now.

Whoever is hosting the next contest: I'm quite happy to help out with future contests. Provided the topic isn't too far outside of my areas of knowledge. That just makes it hard to gauge things like originality or accuracy.
09/15/2011 10:55 pm
Cadsuane
Congrats everybody (especially Pens)! I've had a lot of fun looking through everybody's entries. The quality has been really impressive.
Thanks, Studnicky, for all your work. And thanks to the judges for all of your work (and for the 2nd place! ). I think with all the entries we really piled the work on for the judges. Just when 1.8 came out, too!

About future contests...I agree that one contest per month is about right. Closer together and they might wear out their welcome (I know that I, for one, have been putting off other ideas because I wanted to participate in these last two contests).

Hmm... suggested themes. Much as I love Medieval/fantasy, the past two themes have both fallen into that category. The next couple contests really ought appeal to the rest of the population who isn't into that. Elves and Orcs/Trolls/Goblins are good themes, but in my opinion should wait.
Zombies, ghosts, etc. (much as I personally dislike them!) would be quite appropriate for October. Maybe broaden the theme to 'Halloween'? Lots of people will be looking for those kinds of skins next month. I think I'm voting for that one, even though I'll probably sit it out.

For future ones, I really like the idea of Historical East Asian, but I'd make the title 'Historical East Asian (No Ninjas!)'. While ninjas do have a basis in history, ninja skins are common already, and most of them aren't the slightest bit historical. I tried searching "ninja" on PMC and got 1,554 results. That's a lot of ninjas. Maybe the rest of you will object, but I'd rather see Samurai, etc. instead.

Snooperz had mentioned 'Bounty Hunters' on the last contest's thread, and I think that 'Steampunk' would be fun, but some people might have trouble thinking of an idea to use for those. I'll throw them out there for the rest of you to weigh in on them. Sci-fi was mentioned, too, at some point, but that might be too broad of a category.

DaParcHowever, I don't think photoshop smudge tool blends the colour too well. I don't want to use other programs what should I do?

P.S. 8th place is pretty good for first time skin

On the first post of this thread are a couple of links that might help answer your question. One is to Studnicky's tutorial and the other is a video from Halucid showing his process. I seem to recall that Studnicky favors alternating the burn and dodge tools, and Halucid draws on the shadows and then blends them in (I don't remember with which tool though). I'm sure there are plenty of other ways to do it, each with its own pros and cons.
I personally like to make a gradient separate from the skin (using different opacities on the pencil tool to blend the colors together) and then pick colors from that as I go. I like that approach because I can easily change the hue, as well as the darkness and saturation, while still keeping the transition smooth.

And yes, that skin is really good for a first one! I thought that you must have mistyped that until I went to your profile and saw that it was the only one there!
09/15/2011 6:28 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Narwhal
DaParc
I have a small question to all the expert skinners...

I usually work on skin edit for the basic part and then move on to photoshop for more colours and shadows stuff.

However, I don't think photoshop smudge tool blends the colour too well. I don't want to use other programs what should I do?

P.S. 8th place is pretty good for first time skin
09/15/2011 6:36 pm
Level 23 : Expert Ninja
Br3aking
Hm, well I do it pixel by pixel, not sure if that's what you mean by blend because I have no experience with photoshop. I use paint.net so I take the base color, darken it, and then go up from there.
09/15/2011 6:19 pm
Cipher_Punk
Yeah, I think I need to refine the judging method a bit to avoid so many 'ties' (just about half of the skins tied in score with another one, but for various reasons). Not really sure how to do that, though. Perhaps I should have one reserve judge for 'tiebreakers' that doesn't vote on anything else, and only decides which skin to put before the other.

I think that with Halloween coming up, a zombies/ghosts contest would be pretty much ideal for next month.
09/15/2011 6:13 pm
Br3aking
(Oh, three people were 7th ) You should totally do Zombies/Ghosts
09/15/2011 5:30 pm
Level 49 : Master Pixel Puncher
TheSnooperz
I'm 7th! That's good enough for me!
09/15/2011 5:19 pm
Level 25 : Expert Blacksmith
Griff Morivan
StudnickyYes, he would have done better. I hesitated before even putting your second skin into the running, but you specifically requested it, so I did. You took a risk, to be sure, and then shot yourself in the foot. Sorry.
Hey, man, no sweat! I took a calculated risk, and it didn't work out. But HEY! I got two skins out of it, totally unique, and a lot of fun. Maybe next time, I'll do better. I think I let the risk get the better of me.
In terms of hosting further contests, I would like to know who is willing and able to help me organize a more regular schedule and plan for this. I was thinking something along the lines of hosting one contest per month, towards the end of the month, that runs for a week similar to this one. It might be better if we all organize these together, rather than have five or six contests running concurrently.
I totally volunteer. I fear my style is not precisely popular in these parts, but that's cool with me. I enjoy the contest scene, and if you think I'm a strong enough skinner to judge, or if you just want someone to organize, I'd be happy to assist. A particular thought to forward? Halloween Horror Month, each week, a different theme, and the winners of the first three weeks go on to compete for the Halloween Grand Finale. We could probably organize some artists to assist for some nice prizes.
P.S. - ideas I had for another one: Fantasy Elves, The Wild West, Historical East-Asian, Zombies/Ghosts, Survivalists/Wastelanders, & Space Explorers. If you have other cool ideas, let me know!
[quote]Wild West, Survivalist, Historical East Asian, in that order, greatest to least.
09/15/2011 4:56 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Enderdragon
delet_this
yay im 16! thats good enough for me!
09/15/2011 4:53 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
pens_and_pencils
Yay. Thanks judges, congrats to the runner-ups and kudos to Studnicky for organizing this whole thing.

I had a lot of fun making it, and speculating about the other submissions (many of which were very good). It looks like future contests will only get more challenging.
09/15/2011 4:50 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Robot
OscarTaek
Congrats to the winner, definitely deserved it.

Seventh for my Dwarf miner, not bad =).

Mind giving any feedback on how to improve it?
09/15/2011 4:20 pm
Cipher_Punk
Griff MorivanWould anyone mind telling me if Tokek would have done better?

View Competition Series - Dwarven Brawler

Yes, he would have done better. I hesitated before even putting your second skin into the running, but you specifically requested it, so I did. You took a risk, to be sure, and then shot yourself in the foot. Sorry.

I left notifications on all of the winner's skins, if you see this first, then PM me and we will discuss prizes.

I also hope none of you mind, but I shared the results with the Minecraft Official Forums in this thread here. With any luck, people will come check out your galleries from there if they like your work.

In terms of hosting further contests, I would like to know who is willing and able to help me organize a more regular schedule and plan for this. I was thinking something along the lines of hosting one contest per month, towards the end of the month, that runs for a week similar to this one. It might be better if we all organize these together, rather than have five or six contests running concurrently.

P.S. - ideas I had for another one: Fantasy Elves, The Wild West, Historical East-Asian, Zombies/Ghosts, Survivalists/Wastelanders, & Space Explorers. If you have other cool ideas, let me know!
09/15/2011 3:57 pm
Griff Morivan
Ouch! I got rolled up.

Still, big congrats to all of the winners!

-edit-

Would anyone mind telling me if Tokek would have done better?

View Competition Series - Dwarven Brawler

-edit- Sorry for the curtness. At work, but I'd like critiquing. =D
09/15/2011 3:53 pm
Level 90 : Overlord Pixel Painter
halucid
Huzzah to the winners!
09/15/2011 3:30 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Baconator
xoxHOODR4Txox
View Dwarf Skin (For a Contest)

SORRY ITS LATE! PLEASE ADD ME
09/15/2011 3:35 pm
Level 20 : Expert Pirate
Bleyd
09/15/2011 3:21 pm
Cipher_Punk

1. Dwarf engineer by Pens_and_Pencils

Concept: 12
Execution: 26
Total: 38

2. Urg the Shiny by Boomer

Execution: 23
Total: 35

2. Lady Dwarf Warrior by Cadsuane

Total: 35

3. Dwarf Veteran by PlasticArmy

Concept: 11
Total: 34

4. Golden Dwarf by Dcorona

Concept: 9
Total: 32

4. Argyth the Dwarf Highwayman by ianbaker

Concept: 9

4. Starting Dwarf by TwiDragon

Execution: 21

5. Varkon the Dwarven Blacksmith by Bleyd

Concept: 10
Execution: 21
Total: 31

5. Fredrik the Dwarf by Elegant_Blade

Execution: 20
Total: 31

6. A Very Beardly Dwarfby Happybandaid

Execution: 16
Total: 28

6. Duergar/Grey Dwarf Roxthesox

Execution: 18
Total: 28

7. Dwarf Guardian by Br3aking

Execution: 17
Total: 27

7. Thifback, The Dwarf Assassin of Barrador by TheSnooperz

Execution: 16

7. Dwarf Miner by OscarTaek

8. Dwarf of the North by DaParc

Concept: 8
Execution: 18
Total: 26

9. Dwarf by FilaStyle84

Concept: 7
Total: 24

10. Dwarf by jackie1st

Execution: 15
Total: 22

10. Dwarf by HakkeKoshu

Execution: 14

10. Mountain Dwarf by FrOzEn_ONE

Concept: 5

11. Dwarf Smith by _BloXy_

Execution: 14
Total: 21

12. Space Dwarf - Orbital Mining Suit by SafetyMoose

Execution: 12
Total: 19

13. Dwarf Guard by red_hot_boy4

Concept: 6
Execution: 12
Total: 18

13. Upper Class Dwarf Miner by MN2K

Execution: 11

13. Dwarf Blacksmith by ParisTheIdiot

13. Princess Georgia Amethyspireby Griff Morivan

14. Gekkor Rockpick by spoonodeath

Execution: 9
Total: 17

14. Mortimer Lurcock by xeroxthemachine

14. Dwarf Free-runner by Brutakk

14. Dwarfish General by eviltictac

Execution: 10

15. Dwarf Warrior by TwebDude

Total: 16

16. Dwarfy by xphalcon

Total: 15

17. Forester Dwarf by Adebar

Execution: 7
Total: 14

17. Dwarf Mercenary by samhkin

Concept: 4

17. Ulgar the Carrier of the Golden Bow by RokMonstaSkins

Execution: 8

18. Sunnytime Dwarf by Volind

19. Burlyn Thunderbrew by sammo99

Total: 13

20. Dwarf by dtddwd96

Concept: 3
Total: 12

20. Lazy's dwarf by Lazy

Total: 12

21. Dwarf by X_creeper!

Concept: 3
Execution: 8
Total: 11

21. Dwarf Smith by Anonymus3

Total: 11

22. Old and Achy Dwarve by TrentonYo

Execution: 3
Total:
09/15/2011 3:09 pm
Cipher_Punk
Ok a few things, first. I had many, many people apply to be judges. That's great and I like to see people stepping up to take an active role in the PMC community here, but I simply could not have EVERYBODY judge this contest. There were also several members I had specifically asked to help me judge, because I know that they are fair and honest members with a good understanding of skinning and the work that goes into it.

When the time came, we had four judges, one of which was myself, and Halucid already gave himself up - but I will keep the other two anonymous, unless they would like to make themselves known. For the most part, all of our scores were very similar and I truly feel that the scoreboard I am about to post is a good reflection of how much effort everyone participating put into their work for this contest.

Skins were scored on two criterea - concept, and technique.

The concept score is a score of how interesting, original, and 'fun' the submission idea was. The creative aspects are, to me, part of what really makes a skin good - if an artist can come up with a unique idea, and then present it in their own unique style, that is a good skin. The concept score was between 0 to 3 points.

The technique score is an evaluation of how well the skin itself is executed - factors such as the cohesiveness of shapes, layers, color choices, texture, shading, and the attention to detail that give a quality finish to a skin. The technique score was between 0 - 7 points.

I asked each judge to give a score in both categories to every single submission. What you will see is the cumulative scores each submission achieved in either category, as well as the total score. Some of the submissions, for example, may have had lower technique scores, but still scored higher than others for being original and interesting ideas.

If your submission did not score very well in either of the two categories, I encourage you to consider taking it as constructive criticism. Identify where you may have performed weakly, and try to improve upon it on your next work. I am aware that graphic art expression is a highly subjective field and you may think that you should have placed differently in this contest, but remember that you agreed when you entered this contest to have your work judged by others.

There may be more contests in the future, and I assure you that the themes will vary widely. Most of the reason this contest was "Dwarves that are not Honeydew" was simply because I have grown weary of seeing so many yogscast skin clones submitted as 'dwarf' on a daily basis. I wanted to inspire the site to create some new and unique dwarves, and to show other users who may not have been competing that they do not need to copy another person's concepts to produce nice work.
09/15/2011 2:56 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Guard
esoomytefasgone
Do something more modern for the next contest... i'm not good at medieval things
09/15/2011 2:51 pm
Griff Morivan
Griff Morivan for Preside-...er...
09/15/2011 2:47 pm
Level 90 : Overlord Pixel Painter
halucid
I wonder who it will be!! Oh wait, I all ready know..... Mwahahahaha!
09/15/2011 2:37 pm
Cipher_Punk
Finalizing the scoring, should have winners announced in less than an hour!
09/15/2011 1:13 am
Cipher_Punk
Three hours ago, it was still contest time. I was out comission writing a last minute lab for class tomorrow.

All skin submissions are complete at this point, Griff I will permit your second skin because you asked for it to supercede your Brawler. I will be contacting the judges and getting scoring in order, expect to hear back on results some time tomorrow evening once they all have gotten back to me.
09/15/2011 1:19 am
Griff Morivan
Thanks for the info, sir! Looking forward to the results.

Also, as a private request, if you have time, could you critique/judge the Brawler? Lemme know where I stood prior to uploading the princess? I don't doubt the princess skin, in fact, I'm quite proud of it for a odd skin, but I am curious how the Brawler stood up.
09/14/2011 10:34 pm
Griff Morivan
Yeah, I wasn't thinking about the fact that the website does have a good number of kids on it. My apologies to anyone offended.

Well, this is embarrassing.

-edit to avoid double posting-

I wonder which skin of mine is getting entered, what with no sign of Stud for a mile.
09/14/2011 10:32 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Dragon
Clue
Lol The Censor should work that way
Why iks the Censor off BTW
I quite rather liked it
It was easier than cENSORING MY [Censored]
09/14/2011 10:22 pm
Griff Morivan
HOLY fudge CHANGE OF PLANS, MOTHERS flappers, AND WHO WOULD HAVE DONE IT AT THE LAST MINUTE BUT ME, GRIFF MOTHER fracking MORIVAN.

...Pardon the language. I'm an excitable fellow.

So, in a moment of... surpassing insanity, I decided to make a skin. Now, I am ridiculously tired, so I thought, hell, why not go ahead and see what I make. And then I made. And you know what I made?

I made Georgia Amethyspire, princess of the Dwarven Kingdom.

View Contest Submission - Princess Georgia Amethyspire

Oh yeah.

I went there.

-edit-

I need to adjust my settings to allow BBCode.

Also, yes, this will replace my brawler.

...I hope this doesn't bite me in the ass.
09/14/2011 7:33 pm
Griff Morivan
I had a similar thought, Br3. I like the skin a lot, but looking at it, I didn't get Dwarf. Like. At all.

I'm actually kind of on the fence. I live in eastern time, which means I have about 4 hours I could make a new skin (which works, my average work time is about 1-1.5 hours) but I'm contemplating making a female dwarf. I just... can not decide... I'd ask Twi, Cad or Stud for their opinions, but I doubt Twi and Cad want to help me win, and Stud must remain neutral.

We'll see.
09/14/2011 6:41 pm
Br3aking
She looks a bit Native American to me But it's really good, so it doesn't matter. Haha.
09/14/2011 7:54 pm
Cadsuane
Thanks. Yeah, I decided to use a slightly darker and warmer skin tone than what I've used for my past skins. That along with the dark hair in braids is probably what's giving you that impression. But I guess if anyone ever requests a Sacajawea or Pocahontas skin from me I'll be able to use this one as a start.

Griff MorivanI had a similar thought, Br3. I like the skin a lot, but looking at it, I didn't get Dwarf. Like. At all.

I'm actually kind of on the fence. I live in eastern time, which means I have about 4 hours I could make a new skin (which works, my average work time is about 1-1.5 hours) but I'm contemplating making a female dwarf. I just... can not decide... I'd ask Twi, Cad or Stud for their opinions, but I doubt Twi and Cad want to help me win, and Stud must remain neutral.

We'll see.

What did you just call me?
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cad

...just kidding...
Actually, if you do want my opinion, it's that you should go ahead and make it and then submit whichever one you like more. The Minecraft world needs more quality skins for girls, so as long you think you'd have fun then go for it. It won't be wasted effort even if you don't submit it.
As far as making her look specifically dwarf-like goes, I'd be happy to hear suggestions (most likely I won't change this one at this point, but if I do future ones it'd be useful). But you can wait until after the contest ends to tell me. I won't be offended.
09/14/2011 12:19 pm
Cadsuane
Griff MorivanYou know, I had the same thought. I considered it, myself, and I'm good at women, but I'm not 100%. Plus. I know people go back and forth about female dwarves, beards or no beards, blah blah blah. Plus, when the contest started, Tokek came to mind immediately.

TwiDragonI was going to do so , but truth is I didn't know how to do it; Besides, I need more male skins in my gallery, and I knew what I would of done for male, not female

I may do it on the side though based on someones wow character :3

Yeah, have to go where your inspiration leads you.
Griff, you notice I sidestepped that controversy. I really didn't want to give her a beard, but knew I'd never hear the end of it if I simply omitted it!
09/14/2011 11:14 am
Cipher_Punk
sammo99
View Burlyn Thunderbrew (dwarf compitinton)

Good try, Sammo. I made it work for you. BTW that's some very nice Iron Armor from the Painterly Pack you have there.

Just 12 hours and 45 minutes left (on my clock, anyway) for skins to be submitted!
09/14/2011 8:41 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
sammo99
this is my dwarf skin (contest piece) View Burlyn Thunderbrew (dwarf compitinton)[/url]
sorry cant get skin up but the link is below
[url=www.planetminecraft.com/skin/burlyn-thunderbrew-dwarf/]
09/14/2011 6:06 am
Level 44 : Master Nether Knight
TwiDragon
Cadsuanen't believe that out of 44 entries I'm the first to submit something for girls. I had hopes for you, at least, TwiDragon!

I was going to do so , but truth is I didn't know how to do it; Besides, I need more male skins in my gallery, and I knew what I would of done for male, not female

I may do it on the side though based on someones wow character :3
09/14/2011 5:23 am
Level 29 : Expert Skinner
BonreoCat
My good sir,I use SkinCraft to make all of my skins.You can choose to start from scratch,or get pre-made parts.
09/14/2011 4:56 am
Griff Morivan
Cadsuane...I can't believe that out of 44 entries I'm the first to submit something for girls. I had hopes for you, at least, TwiDragon!

You know, I had the same thought. I considered it, myself, and I'm good at women, but I'm not 100%. Plus. I know people go back and forth about female dwarves, beards or no beards, blah blah blah. Plus, when the contest started, Tokek came to mind immediately.
09/13/2011 11:19 pm
Cadsuane
Here's mine.

View Lady Dwarf Warrior (for contest)

Her name is Ebba. She's the niece of the Dwarf King and not a lady to be messed with. Particularly since a recent infestation of lice at the royal palace made it necessary for her to shave her beard. You can imagine what that has done to her temperament.

...I can't believe that out of 44 entries I'm the first to submit something for girls. I had hopes for you, at least, TwiDragon!
09/13/2011 9:49 pm
Cipher_Punk
Just a reminder, the cutoff for submissions is tomorrow night, Wednesday, Sept. 14th, at midnight (GMT-5 Eastern Standard time, because that is where I live - dealwithit ).

Definitely happy to have seen so many good submissions so far, and if you've been putting off entering, you still have over a full day to get something in for this contest!
09/13/2011 8:52 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Archer
eviltictac
hope this skin is good i started from scratch and a bunch of colors

View Dwarfish General (Contest Skin)

The commander of the dwarf armies.This great man goes by the name of Grafs Warblade. He has won many battles and lost few he is famous for helping defeat Israphel the Terrible in the early years of Minecraftia. For as great a general as he is he is quite young and does not have a long beard like most others of his rank.
09/13/2011 8:12 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Skinner
Elegant_Blade
View Fredrik the Dwarf

Fredrik the Dwarf

An Old Warrior Dwarf who protected his home country over the Dark Ages. He was a brilliant man at his time an is around 120 now. He still has a will to fight with his companions
09/13/2011 6:42 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Dragon
Anonymus3
09/13/2011 8:35 am
Cipher_Punk
@DarkTheif - if it was significant enough for someone to get upset about, then you should have asked permission first. Always, ALWAYS ask permission before sampling another person's work.

Just one day left. I suppose I should notify people who I want as judges about needing them to be around tomorrow night or Thursday morning, eh?

Voting system will be in two categories:
Content (How original and interesting the idea was)
Effort (The amount put forth to make something nice)

Skins will receive both scores from all judges, and the skin with the highest cumulative score will win.
09/13/2011 12:03 am
Level 1 : New Hunter
DarkThief
he said that i copy but i did a total change. i just copy the hair and modyfie it
and took a armor as inspiration
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome