The Orb v2 60,000 items/hr Redstone Powered Mob Trap
32,498Views, 15 today
Get Embed Code
Level 72 : Legendary Warrior
Posted 09/07/11 10:36:09 pm , last updated: 11/22/11 11:48:54 am
This map was created during Minecraft Beta. A lot has changed since then, specifically related to mob spawning characteristics. While still functioning in the current version of the game it no longer produces the kind of output it did in the good old days.
I see no need to update it to function as it would require a complete re-design of the entire system. Beta was really the only time to build such monstrous mob grinders as it made sense then to test the game from my end just to see what it could do.
Now that the full game is released I no longer use creative mode or mods to build such machines. I'd rather do it legit in survival mode...and so should you.
The world save for this project is no longer available because Random House Publishing has had it taken down everywhere I post it. Apparently the byte data I authored for Minecraft's game engine infringes on the copyrights they hold to a book called "The Orb Project." When I try to dispute the take down I get no response from my file hosts or Random House.
I hope the video and screenshots I produced are enough to satisfy your interests. You don't need a world save for everything. Produce your own original work. It's the only way to learn and improve your crafting. Thanks for your time :)
Additional NotesTexture pack in video: RidgeCraft
Texture pack in screenshots: Planet Pack
|Tags:||Air Structure, Mob, Mob Trap, Grinder, Mob Grinder, Pistons, Redstone, 5clock, Repeater, Obsidian, Iron, Sphere, Circle, Tower, Ml32, Threetwo, Epic, Realms, Epicrealms, Epic Realms|
Update #3 : 11/22/2011 11:48:54 am11/22/11
[size=medium]Made the necessary changes in order to comply with Minecraft 1.0[/size]
- [size=medium]Replaced all glowstone under redstone broken by 1.0[/size]
- [size=medium]Fixed items getting stuck in the collection chutes[/size]
- [size=medium]removing glowstone enabled mob spawns in unwanted areas. fixed that too[/size]
- [size=medium]For some reason the Orb no longer spawns Squid rendering the squid farm useless. However, It may serve as a collection area if fences are ever made to let items pass through[/size]
- [size=medium]I added an observation deck at the grinder level and a few other minor tweeks you may or may not notice.[/size]
Update #2 : 09/09/2011 10:58:32 pm9/09/11
Update #1 : 09/08/2011 10:56:07 am9/08/11
Join us to post comments.