World-First 1:1 Scale Forbidden City [Updated to 1.4.7+]
|Minecraft World Save|
29,228Views, 66 today
- 1,568Downloads, 3 today
Get Embed Code
Level 74 : Legendary Architect
Posted 07/21/11 11:00:46 pm , last updated: 03/21/13 10:04:37 pm
As Seen on Minecraft Mondays Show, Click Here (Starts at 9:55)
- At play.minecraftworlds.info spawn there is a series of warp signs in front of you
- after accepting the rules type /warp Project 1845
- You will now be standing in the Project 1845 visitor center. Please use the info boards to find your way around
- You are allowed to use flymods on the project map if your a visitor.
- Project Current Size: 880 x 2660 Blocks North to South (identical to Google Earth)
- Currently Used: 4.6 Million Blocks
- Current Time Spent on It: 94 Days
- Version 1.0 Completion: 30th October 2011
- Version 2.0 Completion: 12th febuary 2013
- Total Volunteers: 38 in total so far
- Forbidden City Size Comparison: 1.89% of Total Project 1845 Volume
Mods & Plugins
Version 1.0 Flymod and Essentials warp signs are used to help construction only. All materials are collected and placed 100% legit by our dedicated community on the MineCraftWorlds community server. No MCEdit or Worldedit is used on this project phase.
Version 2.0 Essentials warp signs are no longer used and we use Command blocks for teleporting around. We are however using worldedit to speed up the renovation to use blocks that have been introduced since Beta 1.9 for example, golden roofs ad marble railings etc. No MCEdit or other software that builds for you is used still.
The Big Picture
Other Players have tried to make 1:1 scale models of the forbidden city. These however have been proven as all false for several reasons. For example
- Firstly, several servers have claimed to 1:1 ratio of it but have built around 450x400 sized. When in real life it is approx 800 meters wide and over 2.6 kilometers long. Meaning no one has actually built to 1:1 scale before this model.
- Secondly is the image above shows is only 1/3 of the offical forbidden city, there is two major section to the north (that the emperor’s used as a park) and to the south (the national religous dieties) the temples. This means players have only built the Inner Palace and not the entire complex.
- Historically the emperor was never allowed to roam freely outside of the palace walls of the Forbidden City and the Summer Palace, and only ventured out to pay respect at various tombs and temples. These areas outlined above were areas the emperor was allowed to roam freely and is thus, definitely inside the forbidden city.
The Quest of Accuracy
Response From Mojang
|Tags:||Complex, Forbidden City, Bohtauri, China, Chinese, Asian, Authentic|
Note: Showing last 25 of 45 logs.
Update #45 : 03/21/2013 10:04:37 pm3/21/13
- Updated Content
- New 3D renders of Version 2.0
- Version 2.0 download is released with new detailing and smaller file size.
- 30,000 other little changes.
Update #44 : 10/26/2011 9:20:36 pm10/26/11
Update #43 : 10/22/2011 10:54:44 am10/22/11
Update #42 : 10/18/2011 1:53:53 am10/18/11
- Dusted off the inactivity of this project page. the Project 1845 project page has been covering this in a lot more detail. http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/project-1845/
- Added Week 14 progress map (Click it to enlarge it)
- Added some profile page images.
- Preparing the profile page for the downloadable map.
Update #41 : 09/15/2011 4:05:32 am9/15/11
World Record Attempt
www.project1845.com is Live!
Update #40 : 09/06/2011 10:11:41 am9/06/11
- Added new tourist map
- Started construction of the original Tiananmen Square
- Upgraded the railway route (over 3x longer now and see 3x as much)
- Qing Dynasty Archives Built
- Texture pack for Project1845 under constrction, see here for details
- Project 1845 Offically Released Information see here for details
- Moved the entire forbidden city onto its own map OMG IT ACTUALLY WORKED!
- Qing Dynanasty Steele records complex built (where they kept stone tablet memorials of historically significant people)
- The 9 Dragons wall complex with foliage
- North Five Halls completed
- Work has begun on digging out the moat.
- 10th Week Aniversary coming up, look out soon for a new video with the fancy new Authentic Chinese texture pack
Day 44 : 08/29/2011 7:41:44 am8/29/11
- Presented on the Minecraft Mondays show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gPjYpr03Wg (At 9:55)
- Got lots of outlines of many halls to the east of the Palace of Purity
Day 43 : 08/28/2011 1:53:14 am8/28/11
- Reached the 1,000,000th block built on the project.
- Created the latest youtube video in preparation of the Minecraft Mondays show tomorrow
- Final preparations for the show in-game with more signposts and directional help for tourists.
- Added Week 6 Progress map and a new screenshot
Day 42 : 08/27/2011 1:42:56 am8/27/11
- Hallways around Palace of Heavenly Purity worked on by volunteers
Day 41 : 08/26/2011 9:00:45 pm8/26/11
- Added a tourist map to the main project profile
- Completed more inside the Palace of Heavenly Purity
- Cleaned up random chests from inside the workshop in prep for new visitors on monday
Day 40 : 08/25/2011 8:07:55 pm8/25/11
- Nine Dragons Wall is completed
- Archery Pavillion is completed
- Northern wall corner foundations completed
Day 39 : 08/24/2011 7:44:23 pm8/24/11
- Started working on Hall of Paintings entrance
- Added trees to behind the Archery Pavillion
- Added flooring to outdoor areas of the Palace of Heavenly Purity
Day 38 : 08/23/2011 10:50:41 pm8/23/11
- Inner palace city wall nearing completion
- Added a railway line on top of the wall for an easy tourist vantage point. (7 minutes long to travel along)
- Paths inside Zhongshan park nearing completion
- Nine Dragons Wall and courtyard nearing completion
- Added World Seed Number
Day 37 : 08/22/2011 11:01:28 am8/22/11
- Video Galore! Link to my youtube videos with now two videos of the forbidden city. http://www.youtube.com/user/BohtauriTaylor
- Added new main Youtube Video to project Page
Day 36 : 08/21/2011 9:03:48 pm8/21/11
- Layout for the "Rubber Stamp Parliment" added
- Bamboo grove nearing completion
- Outlines of all paths inside the Temple of Land and Grain completed
Day 35 : 08/20/2011 2:19:38 am8/20/11
- Added the Week 5: Progress Map Image
- More paths and hallways being built
Day 34 : 08/19/2011 5:40:22 pm8/19/11
- Northern Alleyway completed
- More Paths added in Zhongshan Park
- New Piston Elevator inside the Workshop Mine to help people return to the surface!
- "Goldfish" hallways added to Zhongshan park
- Bamboo Grove begun being grown
- Begun taking 12-hour screenshots of the server map to compile into a video later on.
Day 32 : 08/17/2011 2:55:18 am8/17/11
- Updated "how to visit" instructions
- Showed Bebopvox around (Expect something on the Minecraft Mondays Show soon)
- Appeared in The Minecraftian newspaper
- Started work on northern section of floorspace in the Inner Palace
Day 31 : 08/16/2011 8:11:46 am8/16/11
- Western road through the forbidden city nearing completing
- Used a custom 'Minecount' script to count used blocks in construction (780,000+ blocks used!)
- Outlines, Outlines and more outlines added
- Added photos to picasa photo galleries that are linked in main project page.
Day 29 : 08/14/2011 3:53:18 am8/14/11
- Week 4 Progress Map Added to the Images
- Outlines Added
- More Flooring added
- Updated main project profile page with resource stats of used resources
Day 28 : 08/13/2011 3:50:13 am8/13/11
Day 27 : 08/12/2011 10:33:13 am8/12/11
- More Floor Added
- Resource stockpile extra replenished (yes we are collecting resources by hand still)
Day 26 : 08/11/2011 7:54:08 am8/11/11
- More Outlines Added
- Floor behind Archery Pavilion nearing completion
- Flooring Inside the Temple of land and Grain under construction
- Thousands of Red Wool used today (no sheep were harmed in the making of this wool)
- Added two maps to the Image List
- Miscalculated progress and reduced it from 20% to 15%
- Added New Section to the project page about Accuracy
Day 25 : 08/10/2011 9:50:12 am8/10/11
- Main "Altar of Five Soils" is completed
- North Gate to the Temple is nearing completion
- Flooring layout planned for Temple Complex (alternating stone & cobblestone)
- Added Warp for Temple
- More inner palace outlines added.
- Rebuilt warp hub so scale model now aligns identically the same as full scale project for easier understanding.
Day 24 : 08/09/2011 9:46:54 am8/09/11
- Outlines of main walkways underway in Zhongshan Park Including inside the main temple area
- Walled area surrounding temple complex outline completed
- Small Internal moat partially completed
- Minor: More walls and inner palace outlines added
Join us to post comments.