Last thread relating to the grindstone

AGTRigorMortis's Avatar AGTRigorMortis4/14/21 2:49 pm
2 emeralds 47
I want to share a discussion I had on a different forum about this topic.

But if somebody else makes one more half witted excuse for the grindstone,
I'm going to make a topic about it. XP farms made this item obsolete from the start, before Mojang started listening to noobs and began ruining the game for us.

"As allyourbasesaregone told you, this removes all the other enchantments you put on it, and without exploits involved, leaves you with Curses.

Let me tell you a little tale about a friend who gave me a Turtle Helmet, I had to put Mending on it myself, but it was a good helmet except for one minor problem, it had Projectile Protection VI, which isn't an enchantment I wanted on my helmet.

I didn't put it on the Grindstone, instead, I just made a new one and kept that one as spare.

Better to have 2 fully enchanted items instead of only one, it's simple math.

Sure the Turtle Helmet didn't have the right type of Protection Enchantment I wanted, but it was still worth keeping around in case things get rough and I somehow lose my other armour if I die.

What kind of noob uses a grindstone to destroy hours worth of work? you could use junk you got from fishing, but this wasn't incentive enough for me to craft one in my base. I'd rather just use my spare loot to make fully enchanted bows, rods and what not.

I believe the only time I used a grindstone was at my friends place, in game, it was a one off thing weeks ago to dispose of a surplus of rods and bows that had curse of vanishing on them. Can't say I'm impressed though, not enough to replace my XP farms."

www.minecraftforum.net/forums/minecraft/suggestions/3033880-get-rid-of-grindstone
AGTRigorMortis
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner