Craylow Makes a Vtuber Model 🎀🍓💖🌸

Craylow's Avatar Craylow1/5/23 2:09 am history
1 emeralds 70
ImageHello!Image
I like vtubers and I was very bored during winter break, so naturally, I decided to learn how to make my very own vtuber model. This post is a documentation of that!

ImageStep 1Image

I started the process by developing a character design and making a reference sheet! I knew from the beginning I wanted this to be an ultra-cute design with bunny elements since I like to represent myself with bunnies.

This is the design I settled on!
The shirt she's wearing is a little plain but I really didn't know what to add Image
ImageStep 2Image
Next, it was time to start work on the model itself. I had to draw the lines twice before being happy with them and moving on to colour. I decided to tackle the eyes and mouth first because of the complicated way they're supposed to be layered. You have to draw on lips like that and have an inside of the mouth underneath on another layer and the eyes have many parts.

The layers makes for sights like this common...Image

(The blue background is there so I can see the colours I'm putting down more clearly btw!)
ImageStep 3Image
After the eyes and mouth, I started doing the hair. At first, I wanted to use a much more complicated way of splitting up the hair but it was too much for me to figure out Image

It looked like this!
The infamous RGB hair. It was supposed to go from white at the top to purple at the bottom in the order of the layers. Anyways since that was too hard for poor little beginner me to figure out I switched to something much simpler.

The simpler way Image
I split it up into six different parts, the bangs (blue), the sides (red) which are split by the model's left and right, the long bits on the bottom (purple) which are also split like the sides and the base behind the face (green)
ImageStep 4Image
After hair came limbs, these are supposed to overlap at the joints so that when they bend there isn't a void showing.

A leg!

The little circle in between is where the coloured bits overlap. Note how the blue part continues into the skirt! That's because when things are going to be moving you don't want it to reveal a void. The arms would also look the same.
ImageStep 5Image
Lastly, I coloured in everything else and shaded it.

Ta-Daa!
The finished product! It got cut in half because I didn't want to have to rig a full-body model... Image The shadows were done on a clipping mask on multiply and were about the size of the casting object so that when the model moves the shadows are still there.
ImageThank You For Reading!Image

Craylow
Level 42 : Master Bunny