How is this thumbnail?

aboveordinary's Avatar aboveordinary11/20/13 9:14 pm
1 emeralds 405 5
11/21/2013 6:24 am
aboveordinary's Avatar aboveordinary
Hey guys, aboveordinary here and I just wanted any feedback/ constructive criticism on this thumbnail I just made for my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/DazeMinecraft

here's a link because the pic is too big

Please leave any comments/feedback/criticism. If you liked the picture please check out my channel maybe? just possibly?
aboveordinary
Level 43 : Master Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/21/2013 6:24 am
Level 43 : Master Engineer
aboveordinary
Thanks everyone! I will remember the comments and just keep practicing. All of the advice seemed pretty sound and hopefully I can get better at it
11/20/2013 10:18 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Architect
xer0
It's not bad, but there are a few key details that although simple, can add a lot in terms of definition.
Take for example the lettering, nice font, nice choice of colors, but it's too flat, which makes it unappealing to the eye.
We remedy this in 3 ways:
1. Add a 1px black outline
2. Add a small drop-shadow
3. Add a simple gloss over the top.

Next up is the leaf, very well done, but the colors were contrasting way to harshly, and as with the text, it was rather flat.
We remedy this in two ways:
1. As before, add a drop-shadow.
2. Use a gradient to make the color change more subtle and eye-pleasing.

All in all, it was a great effort, and you definitely have potential. Keep practicing.

Here' is a copy of your thumbnail with the aforementioned changed applied to it.
Feel free to use it if you wish.

And the link:
http://i41.tinypic.com/288trhx.png

Hope this helps,
-Xer0
11/20/2013 9:26 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
lwgaming
It's nice, but the cropping around the leaf needs to be redone a bit. I know it's easy to use the magic wand tool, but doing it manually really makes a big difference.
11/20/2013 9:31 pm
Level 20 : Expert Ranger
Starguy
ya it does
11/20/2013 9:24 pm
Level 20 : Expert Ranger
Starguy
good but heres a suggestion try making it bold and add pictures like swords bows pickaxes if its a server thumbnail and this is coming from a advanced outro maker and intermediate thumbnail maker
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome