Forest Graveyard (Nyvarld Spotlight)

Spookyhappyfun's Avatar Spookyhappyfun8/19/13 9:24 am
1 emeralds 364
Hi all!

Today I wanted to share with you a post spotlighting another of the unique builds found in the land of Nyvarld, the survival adventure map featuring well over 100 new structures and builds to discover and explore.

Last time we looked at a Giant Glowstone Tree and a Snowy Mausoleum and Crypt.

This time we'll be taking a look at a Forest Graveyard!

Small graveyards would be a welcome addition to the vanilla world gen. This is my version of one, found hidden away in the woods.

Many people have proposed versions of small graveyards as structures to be added to the world generation. The idea has always appealed to me, so I created my own take on one. This small graveyard can be found hidden away in the forest, overgrown and crumbling. The coffins under the headstones contain some secrets buried along with the remains, while the tomb in the back holds something more menacing.

The graveyard is hidden away in a forest, and as you get close, it becomes apparent that it's been overgrown and uncared for with holes in the fence and crumbling moldy bricks.

It's a small graveyard with just a few rows of closely placed graves.

Once dug up, each grave contains a coffin with remains inside...and sometimes more.

Looks like this one is just bones and spiderwebs.

In the back of the graveyard is a small tomb that's been closed off with iron bars.

If you open it up, you'll see some stairs that lead down into the tomb itself.

Be careful, though, because you're not alone down there.

Back outside looking in through a hole in the fence.

That's all for now, but stay tuned as I post more Spotlights showcasing more of the structures and locations dotting the landscape of Nyvarld!

And feel free to diamond or comment if you see anything you like.

Thanks!
Spookyhappyfun
Level 23 : Expert Crafter