SilentHollow's Return (MAJOR PROJECT)emoji_emotions

KingBelenus's Avatar KingBelenus8/4/21 6:27 pm history
1 emeralds 26

SilentHollow: The Return

SilentHollow went from this:

SilentHollow went to this:

What is SilentHollow?:
SilentHollow was and is an incredibly old project I began working back in 2015. It was my first major project I had ever uploaded to PlanetMinecraft, and to this day still is one of the biggest projects I have ever worked on.
What are its origins?:
The origins of SilentHollow started a long time before I ever even considered uploading it to PMC. In fact, I have some unseen versions of SilentHollow that never made it to the surface. Though they may never be seen by the general public, I may consider sharing them with a few one day. Besides that, the old and unseen versions were the beginnings of my inspiration for such a big project. However, I never intended for SilentHollow to end up where it is today. I never expected it to grow so big, especially not at the young age of 14.
Sister cities? What are they?:
There is currently one sister city available to explore on SilentHollow, known as Hollowton. Just across the giant ocean is where its sister city resides, with not as many builds but enough to explore. Featuring one mansion that is an easter egg for those that are fans of the anime, Black Butler. Later on, I will talk about a new, yet smaller sister city coming in a very special update!
What's behind the door?:
Behind the door beside a home through the tunnel by the Undertaker's funeral parlour resides the "Nether" or in real terms, it's Hell itself. This is a unique project that I didn't really fully plan on doing but just thought I'd try it on a whim and actually found myself enjoying working on it. I have many plans to expand it, especially with the 1.16 update featuring new biomes and new blocks for the Nether.
Why did you stop working on SilentHollow?:
The main reason I decided to take a break from SilentHollow wasn't really a decision I wanted to make. When I was working on SilentHollow, it had a home on three different computers. A really, extremely old shared laptop, a laptop that was given by my school, and my first personal laptop that became too old to handle the resource pack (Conquest). I was rather disappointed that I had to stop working on SilentHollow; however, now that I have not one but two new computers (not meaning to brag, hehe), I'm able to begin working on the project again. Updating a lot of old and not-so-great looking builds to make them look fresh, and to make good use of the new blocks.
You mentioned a very special update?:
Indeed I did! I plan on sharing the update some time later this year! I will be posting another forum post with an official release date. I still have a lot to work on, but below I will be showing some sneak peeks! Hope you guys enjoy!
SilentHollow Sneak Peeks
Oceanside:

Hell:

Hell 2:

More ClearHollow additions, photo for attention:

Conclusion:
I just want to give a thank you to whoever reads this, and to anyone that have stuck with me since the beginning of the project. I am very excited to be working on it again, and to be bringing it into a brand new light. And thank you to any newcomers that may be checking out the project for the first time. I hope to have an official release date soon!

Take care, and if you have any questions, comments, or concerns please do feel free to let me know. I'd love to hear from you guys!
KingBelenus
Level 38 : Artisan Dragon Spider Rider