Cyrania: The Forging of Humanity [IC]

Deth_Glitch's Avatar Deth_Glitch8/26/14 2:28 pm
9/1/2014 11:03 am
Korigon's Avatar Korigon
[[This is a Whitelisted RP, therefor you have to apply. Dont worry Applicants of experienced RP-ers and New RP-ers are welcome, so apply here: cyrania-the-forging-humanity-t429155.html ]]

Ricaticus was sitting with the Legates in the command tent. They were situated on the edge of a floodplain, this floodplain was generally considered as the edge of the Red Dragon Empire and, militarily, was. The only nearby residence were small barbarian villages, there was no substantial Empire town for some miles. The Western Imperial Army was situated on a shallow hill, just above the boggy ground of the flood plain. Dux Ricaticus was planning the battle with the Legates as they needed a water tight plan for the next battle. This battle was to be the first real victory for the Empire as it would give them control of a strong Mythiosian town and meant that they would have a strong frontier town.

Commander Gaius was acting commander since the death of Thanatos from illness. Gaius was waiting for reinforcements as he could see the threat from on the distant hill, they could certainly see the town from there. Gaius knew their numbers were too few to face them in open combat, he also hoped the Empire wouldn't encircle them for fear of approaching Mythiosian reinforcements cutting a wedge in their attack. It was either them attacking or Mythiosian reinforments taking over command from Gaius. He stood, surrounded by bodyguards atop the towns walls. He had a runner by his side, one he had trusted and grew to know well. "If they attack our only hope is in the towns defenses. They outnumber us two to one. Gather the Captains and have them meet with me in the Guild hall, It's time we planned our defense." He slowly intoned as the weariness was getting to him, the Mythiosians had been just about holding the Empire forces at bay, they had been camped where the Empire was and, unlike Dux Recaticus, he had not been able to get a good sleep for fear of an attack from the hill.
Deth_Glitch
Level 35 : Artisan Turtle

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/01/2014 11:03 am
Level 27 : Expert Network
Korigon
(( I'm not really sure where Deth went, but it's up to him for whatever we do ))
08/30/2014 12:56 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Architect
Thebubbaman2800
((I was sorta just milling around with the troops, really just waiting for battle to kick in))
08/28/2014 6:35 pm
Level 27 : Expert Mage
The Silver Paladin
((I'm gonna ride into camp, post battle, so that's why I'm waiting.))
08/28/2014 3:09 pm
Korigon
(( No clue. Whenever you want to start the battle, I'll start posting. Maybe you could PM them. ))
08/28/2014 1:39 pm
Deth_Glitch
((So you get a promotion? Sure I guess that's ok, where is everyone else?))
08/28/2014 11:15 am
Korigon
(( Nah, it's fine. I'll probably stray from getting into the tent since realistically it's risky. Is it ok, if in the battle, Septimus's rival optio and centurion are "sadly wounded." by a hidden Mythios attacker? ))
08/28/2014 11:13 am
Deth_Glitch
((Attack will happen soon, anyone need me to be any other character or are you all sorted also korai you want the Dux to be in the tent or you good?))
08/28/2014 10:59 am
Korigon
(( Going to wander around until we actually do something :^D ))

There was only one legate in the planning tent now. It seemed the other commanders had taken a break, or they were done. (( Forgive me for metagaming that it's empty )) If he needed to, he could knock the man unconscious, but that would never do. For one, he might resist and call the guard, or even subdue Septimus himself. Even if he was knocked out clean, the attack would be cancelled since the plans would be revealed to someone.

If Septimus was a centurion, or a servant to the legate in the tent, he might stand a chance inside. But until he reached the rank of centurion, he was just an optio who earned his position by family.
08/28/2014 9:32 am
Deth_Glitch
Commander Gaius was hailed, from his meeting with the Mythiosian Captains, to a message. He nodded to the messenger and moments later a spy was pushed through the door "What news of the Empire attack?" Gaius asked "The-they have begun preparations, siege towers are being built" Gaius stood for a moment waiting for more "That is it? That is all our spies have found out? Away, return to your duties, what ever they may be!" He sternly said to the spy before turning back to face the men "The attack should happen soon if their siege equipment is being built, I estimate between one to two days. Its can be expected they will scale the walls, but I expected no less from them. If they follow prior tactics then it is likely they will push for the gate houses once they are on the wall. I say we focus our forces around the gates until the attack begins, then they should meet the attackers on the wall. Half our forces will be dispatched thusly and the other half will be on the wall proper." He said to which the Captains begin to try and question the plan, hailing him with possible flaws, trying to find a fault in their untested commander.
08/27/2014 9:26 am
Korigon
The men had been dismissed to their barracks. All, save one, had passed the Sandpits. Septimus felt a swell of pride in him - These were his trained men, and even though he was betraying them, they were excellent soldiers. That was one thing he always admired about the Red Dragon empire. Though they expanded and offered no mercy to enemy countries, their armies and legions were organized and deadly.

He was now on his way toward the supply building. The spy would meet him there, then deliver the information to Mythios. So far, Septimus had not learned the full plan, being only an optio, but he had been able to figure out that they meant to scale the wall. Red Dragon engineers were already making siege towers, but with enough time, the Mythios defenders could set up many traps and defenses against this.

A figure stepped out of the shadows, right near the building. Without a word, Septimus slipped him a carefully coded letter, then kept strolling on his way.
08/26/2014 9:35 pm
Deth_Glitch
Ricaticus was outlining a basic battle plan to the legates. The plan would primarily consist of a few centuries climbing the wall and then fighting their way to the gates and opening them for positioned tetsudoes to enter allowing them to set up a foot hold so that units mire fragile to arrow fire, such as cavelry would be able to get into the city. From there they did not know enough about the layout and would have to think as they went "it's not an original plan, but it's been tried, it's been tested and it's worked time and time again" he concluded as the sounds of the siege towers being built began again as the sun began its slow decent. "looks like they have the wood they need then!" He cheered "we should be able to push our advance in less then a days time!"
08/26/2014 8:32 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Architect
Thebubbaman2800
Doulos rode at the back of his century, keeping a close eye on the Centurion leading them. It was only the jarring of the horse going through the wet floodplain that kept him awake. They had been riding for days and were due for the contested borders before nightfall as reinforcements. He'd listened to his centurion telling him of the importance of this battle and the great weight of the city they were taking. He had guilt over the killing of his homeland's citizens, but Doulos soul had long since been damned and his home was taken from him long ago. He would free his brothers in chains and then he would die. That was the plan. He wasn't going to let either side stop him. The centurion called back for the century to close ranks as they approached the tented camp of the main forces.
08/26/2014 3:54 pm
Korigon
Septimus stood with his men by the sand pits, an exercise which involved precise timing. Two soldiers would enter the pits, and jump through any obstacles they faced in sequence. It was the beginning of a testudo formation. If the soldiers did not have coordination together, the shield wall would not work, and if someone fell, the formation would descend into chaos.

Septimus was also waiting. The legates were planning an attack, and though he did not know the details yet, he needed to inform his "Helper." in the camp. Once this exercise was done, he'd slip away.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome