[OOC] Nervana Ventus

SilentAero's Avatar SilentAero2/24/13 6:34 pm
1 emeralds 174 8
2/27/2013 9:01 pm
SilentAero's Avatar SilentAero
IC Thread: ~ Non-existant ~

The world of Nervana Ventus is largely ruled by magic. It was originally founded as a way of adapting ancient technology into a new working state, but the practice evolved into a war weapon. Along with that it became the basis for every day life. Magic controlled water systems, it did tasks like keeping monsters at bay, it was even used in medial things like cleaning. In recent times, magic had become less of a war weapon. There still remained those who practiced the war arts. However, it was made illegal to practice such things in most cities. Thus, those who were completely serious about the the arts of war were repelled into small towns in the country side. Alternatively, some founded their own countries, cities, and towns in uninhabited towns.

The source of this magic comes from the blade named Orchihalem, an ancient relic that stood tall for many years. Even though it was a blade, the sheer size of it worked as a tower with a hundred floors. All of the technology in Orchihalem had obviously been lost, and thus it was impossible for one to reach the top of the tower.

In the fifth sun in the third season, the Orchihalem began to fall. Chains wrapped around the blade as it slowly fell and collapsed into the ground. The surrounding city was in uproar, half of it crushing. The other half was destroyed by landfalls. Many died, but some survived. The blade had collapsed into what is now known as Goddess' Grasp, a gigantic canyon that stretched to the bottom of the Surface.

With the Orchihalem collapsed, the world's source of magical energy was gone. The magic used to run the world worked for little more time. For a week, the energy in the air would suffice. Though, after that, there would be no more magic.

However, some people remained the ability to use magical arts. It was a gift of sorts, to use the energy running through ones body and surroundings to cast. Of course, this ability was rare and there was not nearly enough to run a single city like it used to. Without the translation cores used to run everything, cities were flooded and everything stopped working. Many citizens were at loss at what to do. Many had no jobs, and there were famines and diseases going around like wild fire without the magic they had. Luckily, disease was for the most part halted by the ones who used the gift to use healing magic. Farmers eventually began growing crops manually, with the help of those without jobs.

Ultimately, what was there to do? A crisis that can not be fixed. The great Orchihalem that created the very material that ran the entire world was gone. What was there to try, besides sit and wait for times to get better...?

[center][b][i][size=120]Magic, Monsters, the World, and more:[/size][/b][/i][/center]

- Magic is split into four elemental categories: vita, ignis, glacies, and anima. Every human being is born with a different elemental balance. One may have an ignis flow, and is more prevalent when using heat-based magic. One with a vita flow might be more inclined towards healing magic. So forth. These different strands of magic have different effects upon each other. For example, vita-based magic might have less effect on someone with an anima flow. Ignis-based might have a less severe effect on a glacies-based being.

- Within the world of Nervana Ventus, many species of monsters exist. The most common is Beast, obviously being regular monsters. Other species groups include Scale, Humanoid, and Elemental. Obviously, that's just a small example of species groups. There exist many species and categories for these species to fit into. The must prevalent sentient being is humans, being just a bit over 62% of the world's sentient population.

[center][i] ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ More to be added ~ ~ ~ ~ ~[/i][/center]

[center][b][i][size=120]The Rules[/size][/b][/i][/center]
[b]1.][/b] Bunnying, god-modding, metagaming, ect. are obviously not allowed.

[b]2.][/b] Creating a race will require an additional section made that elaborates on the species.

[b]3.][/b] Do not commit murder and other similar-level things towards someone without their consent.

[b]4.][/b] Swearing is to be kept at a minimum. It is allowed for effect in serious writing or for character dialogue, but do not go over-board. Extremely offensive words will result in being kicked out.

[b]5.][/b] Any acceptor has the right to consult expulsion or suspension from the RP with you.

[b]6.][/b] The standards for this RP will be relatively high compared to my norm. Typically, I expect at least a paragraph from you, and your grammar must be at least "good." Accompanying this is the expectation of the fact that you can write at a decent level. If you know you're a sub-par writer for the most part, I recommend that you attempt to find a different roleplay than this one. Chances will be given if you want to test yourself, or try to better yourself.

[b]7.][/b] Acceptor status will be given to those I both trust and I know are experienced roleplayers. Do not ask for it, or you will utterly ruin any chance of giving it, even if you and I are excellent friends.

[b]8.][/b] Though this is fantasy and magic, do not be unrealistic. Over-powered characters will be disabled in someway, and you will be asked to create a new one if the issue is unrepairable.

[b]9.][/b] I expect some form of character development. Yes, I am a beginner in this department as well, but I shall try and I expect you to try as well. In regarding to this, any cliché or re-used characters will not be accepted. I expect original characters for this roleplay.

[center][b][i][size=120]The Character Skeleton:[/size][/b][/i][/center]
[code]
[Insert character appearance here]

[b][i]Full Name:[/i][/b]

[b][i]Physical Dimensions:[/i][/b]

[b][i]Age:[/i][/b]

[b][i]Sex:[/i][/b]

[b][i]Race:[/i][/b]

[b][i]Personality:[/i][/b]

[b][i]Personal History:[/i][/b]

[b][i]Elemental Basis:[/i][/b]

[b][i]Magics/Arts:[/i][/b]