~A Reapers Touch - District Cross~ Application Thread

The_Nerdiness's Avatar The_Nerdiness2/20/13 1:04 am
3/1/2013 3:56 pm
bubbykaz's Avatar bubbykaz
Before I begin I might as well state this.

THIS IS NOT A SERVER RP, ANYONE WHO ASKS FOR AN IP WILL BE BANNED!

Backstory:

Certain people in this world are treated harshly, they die in unexpected ways.
Some people endure huge amounts of pain, some die so quickly that they don't even know they've died.
Some people die for the people they love, some are viciously murdered by others.
These people who suffer cruel unfair deaths are given an offer when they reach the gate between heaven and earth. They are asked by the Grim Reaper if they would want to go back to earth and die with pride or in a way that is more happy.
If whoever is asked accepts this offer, they will be presented with 1 or more treasured items from their past.
This item will usually be something small, an ear-ring, a button, a hairband, or maybe a pair of cufflinks
As long as it was important to you in some way...
When the offer has been taken and the items have been given to you, you will be sent back to earth. You will arrive in a dark room where later you shall be greeted by someone who will tell you where you are and what your items are for.
They will tell you this, ''Hello, welcome to district cross. Here we shall show you what your items are for and why they were given to you. You see, your pain that you suffered in your previous life, has given you the power that we desire.
People who suffer are the only ones who can return to earth, they are the only ones most pure of heart. The least likely to become corrupt by evil and madness.
You shall be a holy knight, helping us wage war against demons...''

These Items given to you are weapons, activated by prayer. Keep them safe, keep them close, keep them ready.

Rules:

No Godmodding.
No Gary/Mary Sue characters.
No overpowered characters. /AKA No huge cannons that have infinite ammo/
Backstory must be at least 3 paragraphs.
Age limit is from 16-40 I am letting one person be a seven year old because they wouldn't stop annoying me on skype.... T-T
Add, ''I read the rules, blah, blah, blah.'' Into anything else so I know you read the rules.
No time skips without asking everyone if it's ok.
Romance is allowed... I guess.....
Keep it PG13.
No spamming/trolling/doing anything that will de-rail this RP.
Try an keep swearing to a minimum, or at least censore it.
No killing other peoples characters.

//App//

Name:
Appearance:
Backstory:
Item:
-Weapon form:
Cause of death:
Weapon ability [You may have 1-2 don't make em' overpowered.]:
Anything else:
The_Nerdiness
Level 19 : Journeyman Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/01/2013 3:56 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Explorer
bubbykaz
Wow im a fail!
03/01/2013 3:28 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc195880
[deleted]
03/01/2013 3:17 pm
bubbykaz
ThunderFang

Nice magic the gathering card image

Maybe next time you could point out what the card is, suggesting it is a M13 Card.

its Knight of glory it has protection ageinst black knight of infamy is the same but is black has a diffrent image and has protection agenst white
02/28/2013 7:04 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Crafter
Night Visions
ThunderFang
Night VisionsSo many grammar errors.

What he said

Is female.
02/27/2013 12:39 pm
Level 29 : Expert Network
Oni__
Did is die? Also bubby nic contradiction to the backstory there. with the bit how only pure good people can be reborn. You KNWO just Saiyan.
02/25/2013 10:35 pm
Night Visions
So many grammar errors.
02/27/2013 2:39 am
anonpmc195880
[deleted]
02/25/2013 10:10 pm
bubbykaz
Name:Secanama Norimagasena
Personality:Evil,Serius,Paranoid
Appearance:
Backstory:Secanma was born on September 30th in his elementry years he normaly was ingnored despite the fact he was brillient for his age.When he was 10 he was given a pin it was red with a black star he was given it on the funneral of his grandmother.when he was in high school his avrage in all subjects was an A.After he graduated he became a cook at mcdonalds and was given a black pin with a rose by his mother before he left.On the way home from work he was knocked out when he awoke he was blindfolded he heard a man ask in a phone that he demanded $20,000 or else he whould die the police were traceing the call the man who was on the other end denied the ransom so he hung up the call and fired up the chainsaw.Secanama as binded down so he couldent do anything soon the chainsaw was embeded in the middle of his chestthe chainsaw went up through his upper chest and was pulled out.He died on Febuary 19th at 4:21 P.M.
Item:2 pins one with a red backround and black star and one with a black backround with a red rose.
-Weapon form:Dual Kunis
Cause of death:Chainsaw
Weapon ability:when feeling imense pain he can launch a red ghost kuni that when it hits the person it causes more pain then how the pain originated.
Anything else:i read the rules blah blah blah
02/22/2013 11:35 pm
anonpmc195880
[deleted]
02/22/2013 10:05 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
SilverDawn
How would one become a villain in said series?
Series can only be improved by adding 1-10 more villains!
02/22/2013 7:32 pm
Level 27 : Expert Network
Korigon
me: Connor O'Brady.
Personality: Calm, cool, dignified, athletic, creative/artistic
Appearance: Since I'm horrid at finding what he looks like, I'll describe it. White smock, black blue jeans underneath, tangled, curly, brown hair. A black shirt underneath the smock. Usually wears a beret.

Backstory: Connor O'Brady thought he was a lucky man...This was soon going to end.....Connor was born an only-child to Desmond O'Brady, a rich businessman. As a child, Connor was free and unchecked, but his father wanted him to learn a skill. A hobby. He wanted him to be prepared for life when Connor grew of age. So he presented Connor with a few choices of classes. Art, Cooking, Business, or the Military. Connor picked art, since he found it a good way to channel his creativity...When he graduated the school, his father gave him a good sized sum of money to start a business. Thanks to his father's help, he was able to start his own company. He started living a good life. Business was good, life was good, he enjoyed it. Until the fateful night.....

One day, in the night, Connor heard something below (He lived above his studio) and decided to go check. There was someone down there. A tall man with a ski-mask on. And he had a gun. Connor tried to get back upstairs to call the police, but the man had disconnected the phone-line. Connor only had one weapon in the house, but he had to use it. That fateful night, a crack of a rifle went out...

This was the big mistake. What he didn't realize, was that the man he had shot in self defense was a member of the mafia. They came on a Saturday, three of them. Connor was quietly painting a picture when they came. One shot him in the back. Another shot him in the head, and the last lit the studio on fire with a molotov when they left...Connor died in agony, clutching his paintbrush and leaning on a blood-spattered canvas.

Item: Two weapons. Paperclips and a paint brush.

-Weapon form: The paint brush looks like, well, a paint brush. The Paperclips look a bit sharper. ( I'm lacking inspiration for this :U )

Cause of death: Shot by the Mafia.

Weapon ability [You may have 1-2 don't make em' overpowered.]: If thrown accurately, the paperclips will hit both sides of the shoulder, and chest. This will carry whoever it hits, until it hits a a solid wall.
For paint brush, He can do obstacles that will harass opponents. Such as creating a wall to block someone, freezing them for around ten seconds, etc. (Is this to
overpowered?

Anything else: Nope. Chuck Testa.
02/22/2013 7:41 pm
The_Nerdiness
Missing something in Anything Else.
Let me give you some help with the weapons. For some reason I think the paint brush should be a hammer or a blade glove.
The paper clips could be start blades or kunais.
02/22/2013 9:01 pm
Korigon
Oh, yeah, forgot that. I saw it but then got distracted writing my backstroy, anyway, I read the rules, blah, blah, blah.

For weapons, what about the Paper clips being throwing stars, and the paint brush can be a either a paintbrush which can provide a few illusions (Fake being here, but actually being there? ) but the paintbrush can turn into a katana. If you do mind having it not being able to do illusions, that's fine.
02/22/2013 6:46 pm
anonpmc195880
[deleted]
02/22/2013 6:41 pm
The_Nerdiness
ThunderFangName: Argent Sanctus (Sanctus is Holy in latin)
Personality: Brave, Silent. Rarely talks, only if needed.
Appearance:
Backstory: Sanctus was only 17.

May the 24th, 2009, Sanctus died.Sanctus lived in a healthy family of three...Or so it seemed. His father was an alcoholic and his mother had secretly grown marijuana behind the bookcase in the living room. Sanctus always had believed he lived in a healthy family until the luck began to fade away.

March the 7th, 2009, Sanctus' mother was arrested. It had turned out that the Police had raided their house to find the marijuana behind the bookcase. Sanctus was shocked and confused about why they raided their house and not someone else's. He was also confused about why she grew the drug, but she never responded. Sanctus saw shame in her eyes as she had left the house. It turns out that some of the neighbours had discovered that Sanctus' mother was acting wild and strangely and reported it to the police station that morning. She was sent to 14 years in solitary confinement.

The week went on smoothly, after Sanctus' mother was arrested. Or so he thought.
It turns out that the media had discovered the news and it spread like a disease. The kids at school teased him and bullied him about his mother. He had spoken to the teachers, yet they did not yearn to listen, nor did they care. They lost all respect for Sanctus.

April the 30th, 2009, the news had finally died down. Sanctus had gained lost respect with his school. That night, his father had gone out, as per usual. Unfortunately,he had gotten more drunk than usual and gotten into a drunken brawl. The dispute was about a simple bet in a game of poker, which set him off. Glasses were broken, screams were heard. It was insane. When the police were called, Sanctus' father was arrested, for seven years in a maximum security prison.

Sanctus was told he was going to live in a boarding school, yet Sanctus thought it wasn't worth living without his parents, no matter how crazy they were. He walked to the largest bridge in the town, turned his back and fell.
Down and down, into the shallow river he plunged.

That was all in the past, though. Sanctus was the first Holy Knight and the longest to live. He was trained and primed, yet he would never speak. He would never forget his father or his mother, yet his mare, Light-Rider had taken their spot. He was his only friend since his death. Since his recreation.

Item: A small gem stone necklace. No one knows why they chose that to be his item.
-Weapon form: A large great sword (Seen in the picture)
Cause of death: Unknown to all, as Sanctus keeps it to himself. His cause of death was falling off a bridge.
Weapon ability [You may have 1-2 don't make em' overpowered.]: The sword can send out a small beam of light to reveal hiding demons or other evil.
Anything else: poop.

Missing a little bit in the anything else part.
But otherwise pretty good.
Big characters like this can usually be boring to play so I suggest making another character. I give you permission to have a short backstory since you did well on this one ^-^
02/22/2013 6:06 pm
anonpmc195880
[deleted]
02/25/2013 9:49 pm
bubbykaz
Nice magic the gathering card image
02/22/2013 5:58 pm
Korigon
I'm busy atm, but I'm going to try to apply later!
02/22/2013 6:05 pm
The_Nerdiness
I look forward to having you join ^-^
02/22/2013 4:57 pm
Oni__
Fine. *takes guns out if oven*
02/22/2013 3:46 pm
Oni__
Name: Grey Fiore
Personality: Cynical, mischievous, a good guy when it comes to it but otherwise yeah.
Appearance: Grey hair, Grey eyes, 6"2, wears a formal shirt and formal trousers, a stripy tie and a black jacket. Swag.
Backstory:

Born on a farm Grey had very few friends growing up, he tended to play around with his brother and sister on the fields as the families farm was rather large and the very few other children around where he lived. Greys mother was very ill as he grew up meaning as soon as they could he and his siblings had to help in the farm, they were home-schooled as obviously in e remote parts where they lived there were no schools and even if there was Greys family probably couldn't afford to send him to one. As he grew older his mother got worse until one day she was taken to one of the big hospitals in the city. When she was gone he and his siblings still worked in the farm whilst his dad worried about her, a few months later bad news arrived. She would need an operation, is operation however was expensive and the family could barley afford it, unfortunately the operation failed and after losing a lot of money Grey had to work harder. Soon however Grey got into a school in the city and he moved away, he studied there and made new friends, friends that he wouldn't of gotten on his farm, due to all of his years isolated from people Grey came across as cynical to the people in the city, this was frowned upon however life moved on, life was better.

Life was sweet for Grey, he had a good job as a lawyer after gaining himself a degree in university and he had a good social life with a cute girlfriend. It was this girlfriend that caused his death. One day they were walking back from a  jut out having dinner when a car swerved off the road heading straight for them, with nothing else to do Grey launched himself at his girlfriend to try and get out of the way, he was crippled and a few days later he died in hospital. Now his true story begins.

Item:A watch. So this always on him... Yeah.
-Weapon form: The form of the weapon itself? you may want to read the ability.
Cause of death: Car accident.
Weapon ability: So the only ability of this weapon is that it has no defined weapon firm, it can be changed at Grey's own will, when facing him one minute it may be a sword the next a scythe... Get my drift?
Anything else: I read the rules. I think.blah blah blah.
02/22/2013 4:15 pm
The_Nerdiness
Any kind of weapon sounds a little overpowered, How about 1-5 weapons depending on his mood?
02/22/2013 4:38 pm
Oni__
Sure take this here list:

A katana
A scythe
One of those weird chain axe things people swing around their head.
An armblade

That sounds like it should cover enou situations to me.
02/22/2013 4:55 pm
The_Nerdiness
Alright, now get yo buns into the thread!
02/22/2013 2:17 pm
The_Nerdiness
02/22/2013 2:16 pm
Level 42 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
planetblox2000
Hey nerdi are you gonna make the roleplay thread soon?
02/22/2013 1:47 pm
The_Nerdiness
Name: Renn Blackrock
Personality: Confused, Easily shocked, Kind, Protective.
Appearance:
Backstory: I'm going to have it so, my character finds out more and more about his life from flashbacks. Yes I'm giving he amnesia, but to make his story more dramatic T_T
Item: Cross necklace and a woolen wristband.
-Weapon form: Cross neckace- Axe. Wristband- Chain blade.
Cause of death: I will find out soon enough...
Weapon ability [You may have 1-2 don't make em' overpowered.]: Renn can summon the chain blade to any part of his body or onto his weapon, it will spin at high speed but will do more damage on his axe.
Anything else: I read the rules bah, blah, blah....
02/22/2013 12:06 pm
Oni__
Making app.
02/22/2013 1:35 pm
The_Nerdiness
Yey
02/22/2013 10:16 am
planetblox2000
lol
02/22/2013 9:34 am
planetblox2000
My character is a boy
02/22/2013 10:10 am
The_Nerdiness
It's a figure of speech XD
02/22/2013 6:05 am
planetblox2000
Name: George "Dino" Skipper.
Personality: Curious, A real joker, Occasional bursts of anger.
Appearance: Brown hair blue eyes, shirt and tie.
Backstory. George didn't have an easy childhood. His Father died when he was 6 and his mother worked all day and all night. He was bullied at school too. He had a lazy eye, so all the other children at school called him "glass eye boy". He had no real friends. One day he couldn't keep it all inside. He lashed out at another student and that student was sent to the hospital with a broken arm. Of course he was expelled. He spent hours walking along the beach near his house, looking for fossils and one day he found a fossil fish, that was preserved extremely well, so well you could see the scales. He then went to another school, where he was expelled for cracking a teachers leg. The teacher had given him a detention. He had to be home-taught, and he developed into a smart and thoughtful boy, and was able to go to Secondary school. He studied Palaeontology at university and went on to be a guide at the local museum. He did extremely well in his guide job, so well, that when the manager retired, he became the new manager of the museum. He made the museum a world wide tourist attraction. He married, but was divorced. The only thing that kept him happy was that fish fossil. His museum was visited by the Queen of England many times, and gathered lots of friends.
Cause of Death: Shot.
Death Backstory: One night, George was sitting at his desk, studying a fossil of a leaf, when there were noises coming from the front desk, where you buy tickets to enter. George carefully walked to the desk, and saw a group of men in ski masks. He grabbed his phone. But stepped on a dinosaur toy. A talking one. A loud roar was emitted. The men looked at George. George looked at the men. Then he was shot in the head by the biggest man. It didn't kill him. It only caused extreme pain. George fell to the ground, clutching his bleeding skull. He was laying their for hours, while the men stood over them. He was suffering. The smallest man pulled out his gun, and shot him in the chest. It was all over.
Weapon ability: If you hadn't already guessed, the weapon is the fish fossil. The fish fossil transforms into a bow that shoots fossil teeth!

I changed it
02/22/2013 9:31 am
The_Nerdiness
She's no diamond but it'l do Accepted
02/21/2013 9:28 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc771545
[deleted]
02/22/2013 9:30 am
The_Nerdiness
Accepted, Yey.
02/21/2013 9:18 pm
Level 21 : Expert Scribe
NorthernGamR
Nah im... Im good.
02/21/2013 9:16 pm
Night Visions
I had a more detailed death, want me to post that instead?
02/21/2013 9:14 pm
NorthernGamR
Im used to calling you Epic but very well. And im not sure but it did
02/21/2013 9:11 pm
NorthernGamR
Can i just say Epic that your characters death creeped me the heck out
02/21/2013 9:13 pm
Night Visions
How? And, it's Night -_-
02/21/2013 9:01 pm
Night Visions
I am done with my app!
02/21/2013 7:50 pm
Level 28 : Expert Scribe
Xamboldore
How is someone who suffers less likely to be corrupt and evil. If anything, that might make them more likely to be evil from my perspective. Other than that... Sweet. Not sure if this is my thing though.
02/21/2013 4:11 pm
planetblox2000
Name: George "Dino" Skipper.
Personality: Curious, A real joker, Occasional bursts of anger.
Appearance: Brown hair blue eyes, shirt and tie.
Backstory. George didn't have an easy childhood. His Father died when he was 6 and his mother worked all day and all night. He was bullied at school too. He had a lazy eye, so all the other children at school called him "glass eye boy". He had no real friends. One day he couldn't keep it all inside. He lashed out at another student and that student was sent to the hospital with a broken arm. Of course he was expelled. He spent hours walking along the beach near his house, looking for fossils and one day he found a fossil fish, that was preserved extremely well, so well you could see the scales. He then went to another school, where he was expelled for cracking a teachers leg. The teacher had given him a detention. He had to be home-taught, and he developed into a smart and thoughtful boy, and was able to go to Secondary school. He studied Palaeontology at university and went on to be a guide at the local museum. He did extremely well in his guide job, so well, that when the manager retired, he became the new manager of the museum. He made the museum a world wide tourist attraction. He married, but was divorced. The only thing that kept him happy was that fish fossil. His museum was visited by the Queen of England many times, and gathered lots of friends.
Cause of Death: Shot.
Death Backstory: One night, George was sitting at his desk, studying a fossil of a leaf, when there were noises coming from the front desk, where you buy tickets to enter. George carefully walked to the desk, and saw a group of men in ski masks. He grabbed his phone. But stepped on a dinosaur toy. A talking one. A loud roar was emitted. The men looked at George. George looked at the men. Then he was shot in the head by the biggest man. It didn't kill him. It only caused extreme pain. George fell to the ground, clutching his bleeding skull. He was laying their for hours, while the men stood over them. He was suffering. The smallest man pulled out his gun, and shot him in the chest. It was all over.
Weapon ability: If you hadn't already guessed, the weapon is the fish fossil The fish fossil gives George the abillity to control water!

Hope thats good enough
02/21/2013 6:05 pm
The_Nerdiness
I don't know about this one...
It's just very unlikely...
Can you make it more realistic? Also, the item is supposed to turn into a weapon not give you a power.
02/21/2013 12:31 pm
Oni__
ERMAGHERD can I have like a form-changing weapon?
02/21/2013 4:02 pm
The_Nerdiness
A form changing weapon?... Like a switch axe?
02/21/2013 5:06 pm
Oni__
I mean like proper form morphing style. I think.
02/21/2013 9:36 am
NorthernGamR
Its a name. Our idiot society just decided to go and make it a cuss word :I
02/21/2013 4:47 am
anonpmc195880
[deleted]
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com