{The Dragons of the Spire} [OOC THREAD]

Slenderpy's Avatar Slenderpy7/16/13 10:03 am
7/19/2013 6:18 pm
anonpmc195880's Avatar anonpmc195880
NOT A SERVER RP
This is the previous one I made, it didn't get much love, so I decided to re post it

Totally not a shot at another inheritance RP...
Once, the Dragon Riders were famous.

Renown for their combat skills, magical abilities and of course, dragon companions, the Riders reigned at a time of piece and contentment. The people were safe, happy and cheerful under the protection of these wise leaders. It was not uncommon to casually wave at a fellow Rider as you return on your journey home. It was not uncommon to look up at the sky to see great powerful beings floating in the sky. They were as powerful as they were kind, it seemed like peace would never end.
Until the betrayal of one of their own.

Driven mad by the lost of his own dragon, Darcanus, Son of Daylucus, killed his fellow Riders in their sleep with the use of forbidden magic. He drained each of their bodies dry and took their souls with him.

A dragon is connected to his/her rider by their soul; Because Darcanus was able take these, five other dragons were placed under his command against their will. Corrupted by the dark magic and by this madness that tormented him. Darcanus took advantage of the fact that the Riders grew lazy and weak from their time of peace and slew every single one of them. As the final Rider and his dragon fell from the skies the world enveloped into panic and darkness. The devil has been unleashed and the whole world was in it’s mercy.

Peace has ended.

Three Centuries Later, Darcanus had almost the whole world in his hands. Every village that has not complied with his demands he had killed and burnt, every child, woman or man that refused to work for him he had tortured and slaughtered. The only place untouched by this evil plague was The Spire.

The Spire is a large area that covered one fourth of the Earth’s land. It was indeed a strange place. Firstly, a dense forest so thick that one could not even gaze beyond five meters from it. Surrounding it was a vast, empty dessert. No signs of life have been seen of heard from The Spire and Darcanus decided to just let it be. To cross such a desert would be suicidal and he was foreign to a land not lush with greens. It would be the largest mistake the King would have ever made.

Within the Spire a resistance is growing. Elves, dwarves, humans and many other species are slowly training themselves, working hard to do anything they can to eliminate those that are killing their world. Thanks to the dwarves the forest leads to a large underground city where the children were able to roam free. Free in the sense that they did not have to worry about death banging down their door every few seconds of everyday.
But the time is shifting. The pendulum seems to have come to a stop. The elves and animals felt it first. This uneasy yet not unwelcomed feeling growing in their chests. The earth has felt it, the sky has felt it. Even as time went on, the humans began to feel it too. The sand has stopped moving.

What the world didn’t know was that the five great dragons that Darcanus had enslaved so long ago were still alive and growing in power. Darcanus himself, so filled with darkness and corruption he did not notice the detachment of the souls. It was time for them to change their master if they saw fit.

Fleeing the castle as discreetly as they could. The dragons flew straight to the one place they knew they would have safe haven, the Spire. Whether they would survive or who their new masters would be, they do not know.

This is where you come in.

You can either be a dragon, or a rider, or both, depending on what you want to play.

The legendary Dragons (To take one… You must have an amazing APP for a rider and at least a paragraph dedicated to how and why they have it))

Falkore

Sex: Male
Element: Fire
Personality: Feisty and passionate. Falkore was the dragon that Darcanus found most difficult to control. Easily angered yet still young at heart, Falkore enjoys freedom, being able to roam as he wishes and utterly hates being chained up. He is fiercely protective over the rest of the dragons, especially the females, he would do anything to protect them.
Past Masters: Freudiand, Darcanus

Cawthorne

Element: Earth
Personality: The quietest of the group, Cawthrone prefers to keep himself as well. He barely says two words to anyone but the rest of the group has learn to interpret his actions. A raised eyebrow? What on earth is wrong with you. A twitch on the lips? I'm trying not to laugh. Cawthorne was indeed a dragon of few words but he was still very much part of the group.
He enjoys humor and loves to play around as well, although far less than Abraxas.

Manasa

Sex: Female
Element: Water
Personality: Manasa never gives out good first impressions. She always comes off as a downright bitch. Snappy, mean and tough that is how she usually acts. If you're a stranger, don't expect anything from her because she wouldn't give. She's a proud, arrogant dragon. But to those who truly know her, she's a kind, protective soul in her own way. Her heart was in the right place. Life has just been tough on her and she dislikes trusting people. She would give her life for any of the other four. Especially Abraxas who she has a soft spot for.

Abraxas

Click this bar to view the full image.

Element: Air
Personality: The baby of their group. Abraxas is playful, cheerful and full of energy. Only Darcanus was able to ever put a frown on his face, but ever since they left the castle he was all of smiles. He was the fastest and best flyer amongst the five dragons. Air being his element, he also is able to stay flying the longest.

Eingana

Sex: Female
Element: Darkness
Personality: As the oldest of the group, Eingana was also the wisest. She is kind, thoughtful and usually a little more quiet than the rest. She is the 'mother hen', looking out for the rest and taking care of the younger ones. She curses herself for falling under Darcanus' command but had patiently waited until this day.

Right, Applications:

Application/Character Sheet (Rider)

Name: (Please, pick a name to suit your species. I do not want an Elf named Bob)
Species: (Anything you want. =])
Appearance: (Preferably a picture with a few description on dressing on what not. If you can't provide a picture, just describe them.)
Backstory:
Dragon Type:
Other Information:

Application/Character Sheet (Dragon)

Name: (Please, pick a name to suit your species. I do not want an Elf named Bob)
Element:
Appearance: (Preferably a picture with a few description on dressing on what not. If you can't provide a picture, just describe them.)
Backstory:
Other Information:

Application/Character Sheet (Random Thing)

Species: (Anything you want. =])
Powers:
Backstory
Other Information:

[if you want to app for both a dragon and its rider, just state and you are required to only fill in the Rider sheet. (Plus a section in your backstory dedicated to the dragon)]

Rules you must obey:

One lining = Discouraged. At least 3 sentences

Basic Forum Rules =

God modding, Meta gaming, Bunnying, Oping, False GMing, and ETC are not aloud

You can’t RP until your accepted

You want a legendary dragon? Write a kick butt backstory and we’ll see.

Information:
- All dragons can breathe out fire. They have hard scales that cover their body that are also their armour. The only place unprotected by these scales are their bellies. Each dragon differs in size, but they are all definitely larger than a five story house.
- The affinity (or element) that each dragon has, it means they are able to control it. Not fully, not like spells. But whoever their masters are, they would find it easier to cast spells and work within their own element. They would feel most at home within that element.
- When one becomes a dragon rider, they would gain in strength, speed, senses and magic prowess, it differs from one to the other. They would also become immortal.
- Dragons do not verbally speak to each other. They communicate with each other and other beings through thoughts.

Accepted:

Accepters:
Slenderpman

Banned:

IC Thread:

Sumz this all up

~Slenderpman
Slenderpy
Level 12 : Journeyman Explorer