The Event Horizon - Roleplay Thread - [Sci-fi]

iHazRabiez's Avatar iHazRabiez7/22/13 10:39 pm
8/4/2013 6:55 am
Deth_Glitch's Avatar Deth_Glitch
Motako had been warped down to the city. Bastion was a big change from the old asteroid he lived on. He moved slowly and with each step he got a little more used to the gravity here. Motako continued on forward, he saw one of the Teladi people he had heard about on the news broadcasts he could occasionally tune into when he lived on the asteroid. Something about profits, something that didn't necessarily concern the Uchiato. His heavy frame stood well above most of the people here, and he was wearing his armor, granting him an extra inch. It wasn't like it mattered, anyways, he stood at an astounding fifteen feet and nine inches tall.
Motako wandered for awhile, getting a feel for the city. Though the doorways were large, to accommodate the larger alien races, there were not many doorways that were sixteen feet tall. That was the size of some of the homes he saw here. It'd be hard to find a house here that he could live. If all else failed, he'd see about buying a two story home, or making his own. The architecture here was much different from the asteroid colony he lived on, as well as the moon he was raised on. The buildings here were smaller than the standard Uchiato buildings, even the tallest ones seemed small to Motako. He remembered seeing buildings that seemed to touch the void where he was raised. Motako continued around town, observing the architecture and learning his way about the place.
iHazRabiez
Level 29 : Expert Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/04/2013 6:55 am
Level 35 : Artisan Turtle
Deth_Glitch
"What price would that be?" he asked with a sort of smile "I like, how did you put it, hot and heavy information. But I do doubt they will know where it is, where the thing I seek is. But if there my best chance well... lets just see how reasonable your rates are, eh?" he said as he estimated his chances of getting out alive if he threatened the knowledge vendor.
08/04/2013 5:16 am
Level 40 : Master Fish
Nice7
"You're going to have to pay up if you want to keep your craft here. Plus I'm going to have to see some ID" the large guard said. He unwillingly tossed the note into the guard's open hand. "And the ID?". Baljnir suddenly realised, his ID is counterfeit, and only works on stupid people back at his home planet. He only had limited time, as the guard was getting impatient. Baljnir quickly whipped out a small device, about the size of a mobile phone, that had two points on one end of it. He quickly drove the points into a specific area of the guard's neck. The guard dropped to the ground with a loud thud. Baljnir picked up the unconscious body and dragged him out of sight. He then proceeded back to where he was.
08/04/2013 5:03 am
iHazRabiez
Motako had gotten lost in the city. He was busy looking over the architecture. His arms swayed at his side with each step he took, and he would have to push people out of his way. He muttered under his breath when a particularly stubborn human refused to get out of his way. "Teeskala, whoon reet." Was what he managed to say, before forcefully pushing the small creature out of his way. A rough translation of the phrase would be somewhere along the lines of "Move, you vermin." Motako did not care for the "lesser" species, they were small and squishy, at least most of them. He did admire some of their craftsmanship, though. They were small and squishy, and had to account for that. The Uchiato did not usually have to account for smallness, or squishy-ness, and as such, did not have to advance along the lines as some of the other species. Instead of thriving for protection, safety, and comfort, the Uchiato thrived for domination, increasing their broods, and other primal instincts. Sure, they had scholars and inventors, but in the end, they all had the same desire.
07/31/2013 3:39 am
Level 40 : Master Fish
Nice7
Baljnir awoke from his small Cryo-sleep. The big screen in his ship showed the magnificent Kerule and the space station orbiting it. He turned it on manual, so he could park the ship. With ease, he flew into the docking station. Large mechanical arms reached out and grabbed onto Baljnir's ship. He pressed a button on the dashboard, and after a few seconds and some decompression noises, the door opened. Baljnir stepped onto the catwalk and walked towards the nearest doors. When the door opened, a large guard stopped him from going forward.
07/28/2013 9:31 pm
Deth_Glitch
Darrok smiled Just like every other know it all he thought "I am looking for a data chip. I was wondering where I may find such an rare piece of information. I know you collect Information like me and so I have reason to believe you may know the information that will tell me where to find my own Information." he then showed his gun as he went to get out some money "I will pay well for this information and it's location." he said pulling his hand away with some money it in.
07/28/2013 10:44 am
Deth_Glitch
"there's the overpass, there's the building" he muttered as he walked over and headed around the back. One hand on his waist, ready to grab a weapons at a moments notice. Then, turning the corner he saw him "man in armour, check." he said quietly and then, raising his voice, said "Hello. one of you must be Tong." and as he said it his free hand grabbed a note of noticeable value. "I hear your the man to speak to, to find answers to my inquiries" he smiled "I do hope you can help me, we both have much to gain do we not?"
07/27/2013 8:50 pm
Deth_Glitch
"hah" Darrok chuckled as he slid another coin across the tabletop. He stood up and, raising his voice to normal level he said "That will be all, thanks for the drink". He stood up and walked out the door. Once out he lifted his arm and looked at the rusted DATA linker that was held there by some old leather band. He pressed it twice and a compass came up and he headed east to find his well of Info.
07/27/2013 7:22 pm
Deth_Glitch
"Do you know where I could find information?" he asked quietly. Knowing that some others would have heard but hoped they were the sort not to care. He put down an extra coin hoping that the droid knew the basics of bar-keeping. "I want to know who the local know it all is. I'm new." he said, putting his thumb through his belt. If anyone did anything noticeable his hand was close enough to one of his knives and he would have enough time to get his gun once he had a knife to someones throat, anyones. With his free hand he downed the drink and thought Heres to it all going smoothly!
07/27/2013 6:58 pm
Deth_Glitch
"Any old p***. Give me the cheap stuff." he said. He was smart and knew that it would be stupid to let anyone know how big the job he was on was, let them think I'm down and out he thought Then see how they like my knife he chuckled as he looked around. Making sure to look very normal and not upset anyone. You never know who you'll meet in a can like this he thought. He knew there could be anything from your street thug to guy scouting the area for any upstarts the local gang leader may want to now about. He didn't care which he found, so long as they were by themselves. He wanted to avoid using his gun and trying to take more then one person on with only a pair of knifes was easily do-able but not worth the risk. Darrok was smart, which was rare for your everyday thief. That was why he didn't want to risk his life without need and how he had managed to stay his own boss. Now.. who here would be the guy who knows the guy he wondered.
07/27/2013 5:50 pm
Deth_Glitch
Darrok chuckled. "At that price may as well let them scrap it and buy a new ship". With that he walked to their nearest drinking hole. "Time to find the guy who knows the guy who knows everyone" he said as he walked out of the teleporter. He set off out towards the edge of town and eventually he heard the right sorts of noises. He looked up, saw somewhere and set off toward it. As he walked he checked his knives were sharp and that his gun was loaded. holstering them both, he walked in.
07/27/2013 5:17 pm
Deth_Glitch
((yeah, I'm too tired to try to reply to myself... ))
07/27/2013 5:07 pm
Deth_Glitch
Darrok stepped of his ship with his crew. They walked off and he knew he wouldn't see them again, with a pay off this big they would blow the lot on drink and women and be looking for a job tomorrow he assumed. They were not his problem anymore.. not that they ever were. His gun was held on his belt and both his knives were hidden in his trousers, under his shirt. He walked toward the teleporter and was stopped by some guard. "You have to pay to keep your ship docked here" he said and Darrok looked him in the eyes. Then he looked over his shoulder, saw more guards and expected even more would arrive in seconds if he did anything. "Alright, How much." he asked "and don't try to rip me off. I may not be the best dressed.. if you get my meaning."
07/27/2013 1:41 am
Level 26 : Expert Blacksmith
Minecraftassassin
Aliza had a small smile on now. The artifact had told her so many things, "No death or pain will come to him, hopefully. As for your price, the all important price," She said laughing a bit herself, "I think information for information is fair. The location of a planet, currently unknown, that is, or rather would be, excellent for growing, in mass amount, nearly any natural narcotic you could think of. Everything from unrefined red sands to blue tendrils. You could become rich and powerful, or sell it," She smiled and had a devious look in her eye. This planet may take years to get to but may just be worth the trip. It's in "unknown" space after all. The sun that kept the planet in orbit may have gone supernova by now, "So what do you say, hmm?" She asked.
07/26/2013 11:28 pm
Minecraftassassin
Aliza attempted to size herself up slightly. Anyone who knew about Asari would know of their biotic powers though. She began speaking, "I'm looking for someone," He said, "Some 'Nero the Thinker' or something along those lines. I need you to set up a meeting between us. I am willing to pay," She said to him. One of her hands moved to her pistol just in case. She tried to make it look like she was simply moving for an itch. Push comes to shove her biotics should last long enough for her to run.
07/26/2013 12:40 am
iHazRabiez
Motako continued examining the architecture. Some of it was pleasant, some was not. The Uchiato had little desire in making a home here. He'd prefer it to be somewhere in which he'd be allowed total freedom in creating a home fit to his needs. He needed a relatively large workspace as well if he were going to be forging things on the side. "This city is rather... reet." He muttered under his breath. The closest translation to that word, reet, would be "unpleasant to my eyes". Motako was not a fan of the city all ready, but it was still better than living his last days on an asteroid that continued a monotonous schedule.
Motako continued, before stopping outside of a window and peering in. The interior of the house was bland and uneventful, so he left. "Reet." He muttered again, moving slowly through the crowds beneath him. He was rather lethargic when it came to moving, sure he could run, all Uchiato are capable of it. But their runs are still quite slow, quicker than walking, but slower than the human "jogging". Motako continued to navigate the city, his large form making it easy to navigate the crowds.
07/26/2013 12:15 am
Minecraftassassin
Aliza saw the Mesh, her contact, Tong Bai. He approached the man and began to speak, "Tong I presume? Aliza, Aliza T'Verdi. I was told you had information to sell," She said to him and smiled a bit, "I can buy it or offer information I doubt you'd know in return," She said to him. A few secrets from her artifact wouldn't be too big a loss if need be.
07/25/2013 12:55 pm
Minecraftassassin
After a small while of following the massive creature Aliza decided that he was on little harm to her. She turned down an alley way in attempt to find one of her contacts on this planet. Apparently they would be setting up a meeting with some "Nero the Something of Other" Character who would be able to get her in contact with the Archivists. Her artifact, however, was waiting in a safe location in the city. Somewhere no one would think to steal it from.
07/24/2013 8:29 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
WuvBunneh
((I'm here.. now...))

Lexi sits on top of the shabby house, looking down at various men and women walking past. Sighing she looks down at the head in her left hand, dripping with blood. "Mhmmm..." Pulling out a small transceiver she calls up her employer "Where does the head go..? Ah, okay..." She says closing the transceiver, dropping the head off the building, turning and walking away to collect her prize.
07/24/2013 3:07 am
Minecraftassassin
(( *Knocks on the inside screen or your computer or laptop* Hello? Anyone there?))
07/23/2013 11:26 am
Minecraftassassin
Aliza stepped off of her shuttle. The alien that was manning the shuttle, she was unsure of it's gender, was paid in advance in order to be sure of a safe passage. The alien immediately took off after Aliza was about five feet away. It seemed like it didn't want to stay on this planet. She looked around to see what seemed to be thousands of other races. One stood out to her though. There was an alien that stood, what she estimated to be, sixteen feet tall. It heavily resembled a armored Yahg. As it exited the area Aliza followed it. If a creature like the Yahg was on the planet she wanted to know about it. She followed at about twenty feet away.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome