The Order of Halos (OOC/applications)

Elvengarda's Avatar Elvengarda6/8/13 10:57 am
7/8/2013 9:02 pm
BlueLandmineTurtle's Avatar BlueLandmineTurtle
"Magic exists. Everything that comes with it, every legend and myth, is true. The safe world we are all supossed to live in, is not that safe. Each day it could crumble, be devoured or plunged into chaos. One wrong move, and the entire world knows about us, and what we are fighting. Can you imagine it? Footage of werewolves, dragons, vampires, ghosts, basically everything that shouldn't exist, being widely spread across the globe. That would be... regretful." The woman, dressed as if she had to go to a fancy business meeting soon, and now sitting in front of you, said. The image was wrong, her looks and the thing she said didn't seem to belong to the same being.
"You got to be kidding right?" This whole thing had to be a joke, some sort of cruel prank played on the greenhorns. Yet, everything she said was too serious, and it would be unlogical that teachers would be involved in playing tricks on new students.
"I am afraid not, and from now on you can't go back. You are now a full student of magic and monsterhunting."

The Order of Halos: an organisation with the sole purpose of preventing mythological and biblical creatures to roam free and to be known about. Active since the 15th century, and created by the most powerful magicians and sorceresses of that age. It both trains and manages monsterhunters.

Monsterhunter: a person who's job it is to hunt down creatures that try to harm the balance in the world. They can be both mercenaries, or full fledged members of monsterhunter guilds and organisations. Often they posses special abilities through their own magic power, genetic powers or magic heirlooms.

You have made your entrance into the world of magic. This world is nothing like the one you lived in before, it is the shadow of reality. To survive you have to fight, but you are not alone, and not without power. Life is hard and involves around protecting those of others. We won't just throw you into some dark pit crawling of monsters though, not without the proper training.

I bid you welcome to Whiteshire Acadamy,
situated in Canada, and the world's most renowned school for monsterhunters

The application:
Click to reveal
Full name:
Power: (magic items are accepted too)
Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory: (preferably more than 10 lines)
Other details worth mentioning:

sorry for posting it wrong, didn't see the subforum
Elvengarda
Level 33 : Artisan Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/08/2013 9:02 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Artist
BlueLandmineTurtle
Bump
06/29/2013 4:12 pm
Elvengarda
Aww
Sometimes you wouldn't believe how much get lost in the dark pit of oblivion
06/29/2013 1:57 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Explorer
Slenderpy
Haha. A long time ago I had to do 50 paragraph story for a character, but Roleplayer Guild was hacked at that time, so I lost all of that... D;
06/29/2013 11:04 am
Elvengarda
I can feel your pain... once lost 10 pages of story I had just written because I forgot to save it and then my computer crashed D:
06/29/2013 10:45 am
Slenderpy
D;

An entire 4 paragraphs just gone from that PMC crash...

I don't feel like applying anymore.
06/29/2013 10:03 am
Elvengarda
Lol, the bump is kind of a thing to get a bunch of people watch your thread when it is nearly dead. Trying to get it back up and get some posts
06/29/2013 9:50 am
BlueLandmineTurtle
Full name: Amaya Rakka Hitori
Power: Teleportation, she can teleport about 5-9 meters away from a certain spot.
Flame of healing, which is where in a dire situation she can heal someone but only one person and just enough to save them from dying,but she will not be able to bring people back from the dead and she will not be able to teleport or heal anyone for a few hours.
Appearance: Small, naturally pastel blue hair, one red eye one blue, scar on left cheek going up to eye, strange mark that looks like a star on left eye.
Personality: Kind, adventurous, secretive, funny, likes to make people laugh but sometimes it seems as if she isn't there and is in a different world.

Backstory
Amaya lived in a small town, not much to see there more of a pass by to get gas and leave town but she didn't care. Whenever she went to school everyone would look at her and whisper to the student beside them "Better run. It's scar face!". She would pretend not to hear and would continue to her seat. She was made fun of often but she didn't care. She walked into a boy older than her walking through the halls and was pushed into a locker she closed her eyes, then she vanished. She opened her eyes and was outside, sitting on a tree. She looked up, confused. She jumped down from the tree and saw that the boy had found her. She ran away quickly and eventually lost him in the treeline. (That night, Amaya's family's home)
She woke up at the sound of a gunshot. She held the covers up as she jumped from the loud noise. She walked downstairs quietly and heard a husky voice, none of which being from her family. "Stay out of my way next time. Where is she."the voice said. She made a squeaking sound knowing he was talking about her and covered her mouth quickly. "You are useless. I'll find her myself."the voice said. The was a deafening scream. Her brother. She wanted to yell, scream at the man and kill him. She walked quietly to her parent's bedroom and pulled out a pistol. She walked down the stairs quietly holding the loaded gun. She fired and there was a yell as he swung the knife at her and missed as the bullet went through his head. She ran to the phone and called 911. She was taken to another town and adopted by some nice parents and taken to a school. She didn't want to go, knowing she killed someone but she knew that she was the only one who knew that. After all, she did tell the police that he shot himself after feeling guilty about killing her family.

Other details worth mentioning: She is skilled with a gun and is very fast.
06/19/2013 4:51 pm
Elvengarda
Well I can't force you into it. If you have no inspiration you have no inspiration, can't change that
06/19/2013 4:43 pm
Level 27 : Expert Network
Korigon
Sorry for not applying. I haven't been in the mood recently. I just can't get any good ideas :/
06/19/2013 4:09 pm
Elvengarda
Then why aren't you applying? Might be the trigger to get others applying as well
06/29/2013 9:03 am
BlueLandmineTurtle
Oh. Sorry, (noob) still trying to understand what the "bump" is, I thought it meant you were removing the thread
06/19/2013 4:04 pm
BlueLandmineTurtle
Aw. lol I was going to apply.
You had a nice Idea though.
06/19/2013 5:45 am
Elvengarda
bump
06/16/2013 8:03 am
Elvengarda
oh yeah sure, that would add some nice views on the monster/teacher side of the story
just try to keep it so that there are more students than teachers
I am also thinking about adding some narrator, the same way as in the first posts. As soon as the story runs out of bounds and goes stuck, the narritives will try to get it back on its feet. It'll always be in italics.
06/15/2013 8:22 pm
Slenderpy
Apply as monster plox?
06/15/2013 12:14 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Pirate
whipped_cream
Would it be possible to apply as a teacher?
06/14/2013 6:25 am
Korigon
Sorry for not applying yet. I'll try to finish my backstory tomorrow.
06/09/2013 10:38 pm
Elvengarda
There are indeed all kinds of mythological creatures, just the same as animals: some are rare, others don't appear in America. For example, running into a hydra in the desert is less possible than near sea, same for a mermaid, but a yeti can easily show up on top of a mountain.
The Order of Halos is the biggest faction, compare it to WWF: they're everywhere, but at some places more than others, and there are also small organisations working beside them for the more specific jobs. You also have lone monster hunters, but they don't appear as often. The main faction for the mythological creatures are the werewolves, they are mainly in control of mythological creatures, as the Order of Halos is for the monster hunters.
It runs in a wide area: you have three main sources of power:
1. Genetic powers: things like enchanted strength, speed, sight, etc. Any magic power that can be linked back to your body being supernatural, and runs in the family. For example: the decendants of Hercules
2. Magic powers: basically the main magic things like throwing fireballs, healing, controlling plants, but also enchanting items for a while, or summoning spectrals
3. Magic artifacts/hearlooms: some people are bound to an item to get their magic from. On their own they are rather weak, although maybe capable of using some magic and their previously gained skills in fighting. With the artifact, they often gain an extraordinary power, but it is limited to only one form. For example: Excalibur can slain summoned evils, like ghosts and minor demons in one hit, banishing them even if they are just scratched. Against higher demons it still has an advantage above the others, but against a vampire it is just a plain sword. They're just really specific for one type of monster.

should'be pointed the last one out earlier, hope everything is a bit more clear now
06/09/2013 4:45 pm
Level 21 : Expert Scribe
NorthernGamR
So a few things. 1: Basically any type of Mythological creature like a minotaur, Cryptids like Bigfoot. And any sort of myth you can think of exists in this? 2: Is the order of halos like the Guild for Monster hunters. Or are the Monster hunters and order of halos two different factions? 3: When you say special powers. What types of powers are we talking?
06/09/2013 3:44 pm
Elvengarda
Bump of awesomeness!
06/08/2013 12:26 pm
Elvengarda
Yay thx
06/08/2013 12:04 pm
Korigon
Wrooong area.

But I moved it because I'm nice. Plan on applying soonish. =)
06/08/2013 11:31 am
Elvengarda
Full name: Vince(nt) Gabriel Lambert

Power: Chains of the Fallen Angel: basically the ability to summon harpoon like chains that pierce through enemies
Rightious Form: happens very rarely, he basically becomes an angel. The skill has a very large drawback, knocking him out for several hours or even days.

Appearance: White hair and golden eyes. Rather thin, normal height. He has two golden marks in the form of a pentagram on both hands. Quite often emits a strange air, as if he doesn't belong on earth.

Personality: Very kind and timid, pacifist. He does not want to hurt anything, and just really loves to see people smile and be happy. Somehow bad luck follows him though, as if he is cursed, and he rarely gets to see people happy.

Backstory: Vince was never normal, not in the sense of personality or being unusually smart. No, it was his appearance that basically freaked his teachers and other students out, and what got him bullied. Being called things like demon and monster and getting ignored left quite some scars, making him even more timid than normal. Others would've get mad and frustrated, but he just accepted the fact that he was different, still often wishing he would see one day where he was treated normally. Familywise he wasn't that special, a lot of his family lived spread over the world, but aside from that he just had loving parents and a kind sister, so nothing to be dissatisfied with. He might've turned out to live a somewhat normal life, if it weren't for that one night in spring.
That one night, he woke up due to some strange smell, only to see orange light coming from behind the door of his room. Faintly, just barely getting through the sound of the flames consuming the house, he hears his little sister cry out for help. Somehow his door was locked, and the only way of getting out was breaking through it, plunging into a sea of flames and heat. By the time he gets to his sister, she is already unconscious due to the smoke, but not harmed by the fire. Wounded, barely able to breathe and exhausted, he drags her to the living room. Only to succumb to the flames and smoke. When he wakes up in the hospital, he hears he has been in coma for nearly a month, and his sister still has to wake up.
After the accident, he gets a letter, telling him that his guardian will be his aunt, who lives in Canada. She also owns a local school there, so he has to continue his studies there. Unknowling, he gets on the plane to Montreal to travel to his aunt. The moment he arrives at the 'local' school, his life gets changed forever.

Other details worth mentioning: He's a vegetarian and has severe claustrophobia
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome