The Purple Forest Inn {OOC}

_books's Avatar _books10/27/13 9:48 pm
1 emeralds 1.5k 40
11/17/2013 5:54 pm
_books's Avatar _books
The Purple Forest Inn

Backstory

Click to reveal
You stared outside of the window. Your taxi driver babbled on about ghost sightings in the area, but you ignored them. In front of you was an amazing sight. It was a small building with brick walls, but looked beautiful. At your taxi door were two girls. One was obviously older than the other. The elder one-your guess was around fifteen-greeted you and opened the door. “Welcome to the Purple Forest Inn!” She said it in such a way a blind person would have thought it was an amusement park. You smiled and nodded “hello”. You spoke with the younger child while the one who had greeted you took your bags. At the inn's porch was a grumpy-looking lady. Despite her looks, she smiled and waved to you.

“Come on, miss/sir!” The young girl laughed, pulling you towards the inn, “You're going to miss the buffet! So many people are already here!” The grandma and elder daughter talked amongst each other. The daughter seemed flexible but a little angry. The grandmother, however, seemed like she was about to explode. “Don't mind them.” A voice said. Obviously, it was the little girl. “Just... family problems, yeah!” You wondered what this little girl meant, but continued on towards some kitchen doors.

By The Looks of Things...

Inn:

Grove (Considered the Purple Grove by guests):

Buffet:

Rooms:

Cemetery (Found later on in the RP):

Rules and Guidelines

[1] Don't Mary/Gary Sue, Story Derail/Hijack, GodMod, go OP, or bunny!

[2] Keep romance PG-13

[3] Don't swear!

[4] Ghosts can't kill people!

[5] The grove can make your character sick, only if they touch a gravestone!

[6] Humans can only see/touch ghosts if they believe.

Ghost/Guest Applications

Human
Name:
Appearance:
Backstory (MUST BE 2-12 PARAGRAPHS <I know some of you like to write a lot :3 >:
Believe in ghosts?:
If yes, why?:
Personality:
Anything Else:

Ghost
Name:
Age (at death):
Backstory (MUST BE 2-12 PARAGRAPHS <I know some of you like to write a lot :3 >:
Death Cause:
Personality:
Purpose of ghost-hood (Ruining other peoples' lives, trying to get help/help humans, etc.)
Anything Else:

The Good, The Banned, and The Accepted

Acceptor
Accepted
Banned ;-;

Name-Character

XoXoAwesome-Aoishira, Yuki, and Sakara
Mystiix-Elivine
BadgersFTW-Brad
Planetbox200-Glacies
Seacutie-Lobo
Summertime-Marie + Annabel

IC:
I'm putting it up because YOLO. PS: We need ghosts!
http://www.planetminecraft.com/forums/post2510698.html#p2510698
_books
Level 28 : Expert Ninja

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/17/2013 5:54 pm
_books
I'm afraid it's dead. ;3; I'll make a new rp in time. :3
11/17/2013 5:49 pm
Level 25 : Expert Dragonborn
Roflcopter245
Might I apply?
11/11/2013 9:55 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Prince
Summertime
Name: Annabel

Appearance:

Backstory: Early 1900's a seventeen year old girl was coming back with other teenagers from noble families. Annabel was three months pregnant with her unborn daughter.

Mother and father were approving of the relationship since her marriage was in a few weeks after all. They just wanted their grandchild and daughter to be happy. Annabel had been ahead of the group walking behind her, and she was cheerfully skipping.

The sharp pain came then, not anything from pregnancy but she looked at her stomach. A knife dyed in scarlet piercing the abdomen, hitting the fetus. She had no time to cry or shout for help, since she was pushed down and stabbed even more.

The man left an innocent girl laying alone on the street, however he kicked the body to the side to roll down a hill leading to the ocean. Just an empty body he hated.

However when she came back, she was not stuck to her death site, she could wander.She had one purpose to raise a child, and she did not have the heart to kill one.

So when she met Marie she had finally found her child and decided to kill Marie when she was still young at the age of thirteen so she could forever have a child.

Death Cause: Stab wounds.

Personality: She is a nurturing woman, and hates to cause pain. So when Marie turns thirteen she will contaminate the drink with pills so her daughter could go in peace. She tends to hide her maniacal side and hide Marie away.

Purpose of ghost-hood: To raise a child

Anything Else: #betacelestialudenburg
11/11/2013 9:53 pm
_books
I can't see the picture. >-< otherwise, accepted~
Edit: Both apps accepted. Also, yes.
11/11/2013 9:41 pm
Summertime
Name: Marie

Appearance:

Backstory: As a child Marie lived in a family that believed in old rules. They kept her indoors with her only friend "Annabel" a young girl who appeared out of nowhere. Annabel was like a light in a sea of dark abyss.

Never once had Marie been to a doctor, but it happened one day. Mother became ill, despite her father's will they went to a hospital. Marie's mother was diagnosed with cancer.

Marie learned the truth when they were looking for blood donors. Mary had no match at all with the family, she was an abandoned orphan left to rot. Or so she thought, thirteen years before hand her real mother was performing as an actress.

Her children were being watched by the nanny at home. However, a kidnapper murdered the nanny and took one of her daughters. The other daughter was killed too, and the murderer ditched Marie. Eventually a wandering ghost found her named Annabel.

Until Marie was taken by the other family Annabel took care of the infant. Wanting to be a mother since she never could be one. However due to being suspected of kidnapping Marie her foster parents were taken to jail. While she was given residence at the Purple Forest Inn.

Believe in ghosts?: Yes

If yes, why?: Marie's foster grandmother read her stories of a ghost who would take children in the night and lead them to a happy place. Marie believed in ghosts with her childhood naivety also with the help of Annabel.

Personality: She is often reading and quite naive. However she is actually quite intelligent and will run like hell if she has too. She is a meek young girl, and once in a while clumsy.

Anything Else: NICE KAGEPRO PICTURES *sniff* Ay-Ayano *sniff*
11/11/2013 9:28 pm
_books
Totes alive. I JUST NEED PEOPLE TO RP WUT
11/11/2013 9:08 pm
Summertime
If alive I will apply
11/10/2013 6:21 pm
Level 25 : Expert Dragonborn
Roflcopter245
Hey um.... X can I join in on doing this role play. It is my first so don't make fun of me. Can you teach me?
11/11/2013 7:56 pm
_books
Of course~
11/09/2013 12:32 pm
_books
Accepted (I just need people ;3;), but if you can, mention something about a caretaker (if she had any) when she went to the orphanage. :3
11/09/2013 1:20 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Explorer
Seacutie
In the orphanage she didn't really have a caretaker, but her Teacher did look out for her and stand up for her when she was being bullied
11/09/2013 12:26 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Explorer
Seacutie
Name: Lobo (Nickname-little wolf)
Appearance:
Backstory: Lobo grew up in Tombstone, Arizona- a small town said to be haunted. Every day she walks by the Bird Cage Theater on her way to school and not once has she seen a ghost in its window , as many people have said they had. Her town is often visited by tourists. She does not believe in ghosts mostly because of her experience with the touristy and how people set up "ghost encounters" for their businesses
Lobo is native american (though her name meaning little wolf is not) on her mothers side and has been bullied at school. Those who do not bully her and see her true nature become her friends Lobo's mother and father died in a car crash when she was 6 years old.
Because of the bullying Lobo was granted permission to move by her orphanage. She is going to the purple forest inn. (sorry, I'm rubbish at backstories)
Believe in ghosts?: No
If yes, why?: See the backstory :3
Personality: Lobo is optimistic and often in a cheerful mood, but behind this personality she is gloomy inside after the death of her parents. Lobo is horrible at technology and doesn't understand it..
Anything Else: Ummmmmmmmmmm...nope!
11/08/2013 10:53 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Skinner
xCoraCat_
I SHALL APLY! (probably...) lol
11/03/2013 8:52 am
Level 42 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
planetblox2000
I posted on it.
11/03/2013 8:42 am
_books
It is... Check the OP.
11/03/2013 8:10 am
planetblox2000
When da IC gonna be out?
11/02/2013 8:37 pm
_books
Planetbox… BEST GHOST STORY EVER. ACCEPTED ALL UP YO- nevermind. Still accepted tho :3
11/02/2013 4:46 pm
planetblox2000

"Where is the warmth?"

Name: Glacies (formerly Edward Smith)
Age (at death): 28
Appearance: (See picture)
Backstory (MUST BE 2-12 PARAGRAPHS <I know some of you like to write a lot :3 >: Edward James Smith was born on the 12th of May, 1885, in the coastal city of Southampton, England. He was born to Emily and David Smith. He had one sister, Sarah, and one brother, Samuel. His family was born into poverty, in an area surrounded by filth.

Edward's mother and father could barely support their 3 children, let alone get them to school. Edward and his siblings had almost no education, except for a couple of books Edward's father found on his way back from his low paying job as a cook. Edward and his siblings learnt to read from these few books, but couldn't write.

When Edward was 7, his father passed away from Tuberculosis, leaving Edward's mother to support the entire family. The stress was too much for her. She left in the middle of the night, leaving her children to fend for themselves. Edward and his brothers and sisters left the home, and they all went left each other, to take their own paths.

Edward found a living off selling goods, such as meat and fish. His pay was a shilling a week, hardly enough to pay for any food himself. When he was hungry, Edward would take some food off the table, and eat it himself. When he was found doing this, he was fired with no second chances. Edward was even worse off than before.

11 years later, and Edward was officially an adult. Despite having lived as a pickpocket for the past 11 years, he found a job as a newspaper photographer, and found enough money over the course of 10 years raised enough money to buy a ticket on the RMS Titanic, to begin a new life in Canada.

Edward was looking out over the wide sea, when the ship struck the iceberg. The force knocked Edward into the icy water. He died of Hypothermia, and his body was never found.
Death Cause: Hypothermia.
Personality: Kind, but can lash out violently if threatened, or someone talks about the cold.
Purpose of ghost-hood (Ruining other peoples' lives, trying to get help/help humans, etc.): He wants to find the warmth, but he will never find it: He will wander forever, to find it.
Anything Else: Anyone who is around Glacies feels a slight chill. (If this is against the rules, tell me). Also, Glaices is latin for ice.
11/02/2013 12:02 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc195880
[deleted]
11/01/2013 3:37 pm
_books
Finished. Btw...

Me: Oh yeah! Let's write this backstory <3

Mom: GO TAKE A SHAWA.

Me: ;--; Okai.
11/01/2013 2:27 pm
_books
Ik, I was just busy. Writing it noa.
11/01/2013 2:26 pm
Level 29 : Expert Network
Oni__
I swear you better write a backstory. You better not resort to the "MY THREAD I NO NEEDS BAKSTOREIS" excuse xoxo. You're better than that.
11/01/2013 2:23 pm
_books
Name: Sakura Onita
Appearance:
Click to reveal

Backstory:
Click to reveal
Sakura grew up in a city. At this time, people were never thinking of such irrational things such as ghouls and goblins. They loved to listen to jumpy music and dress oddly. Sakura wasn't a very exciting girl.

Sakura grew up, got married, had a family. Sadly, her son and daughter-in-law died in a horrible incident. Because of this, she took care of the area that they died at and turned it into an inn. After a long time, Sakura realized she was going to take care of an adopted teen and her granddaughter. Even though they're hard to take care of, she enjoys her job.

Believe in ghosts?: Naw.
If yes, why?: ^^^
Personality: Sakura is the grandmother figure, sweet, nurturing, and a good storyteller, but when the idea of ghosts comes up, she becomes swift, cunning, persuasive, and wants to believe she's always right.
Anything Else: IC is up and we need ghosts.
11/01/2013 2:22 pm
Oni__
Going to app. Currently filled out the "Do they beleive in ghosts" field.
11/01/2013 10:59 am
_books
Bump. Please apply... I'm lonely. ;3;
11/01/2013 3:09 pm
planetblox2000
I'm gonna apply....
10/31/2013 8:42 am
_books
Btw, what is Brad's age? I overlooked that you missed something, but you're still accepted. •3•
10/30/2013 3:54 pm
planetblox2000
Hmm.... Seems interesting....

I might apply, even though I have this feeling that this is inspired by my old RP The Tavern.
10/30/2013 4:23 pm
Level 25 : Expert Miner
zane6200
It aint, but nice try.
10/29/2013 10:20 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Network
SlimeCityCreator
^lol foxes actually make that noise XD
10/29/2013 9:59 pm
_books
Yuki + Aoishira:

Name: Aoishira Onita
Appearance:
Click to reveal

Backstory:
Click to reveal
Aoishira was adopted by Sakura, the grandmother of Yuki. They all lived happily in a quiet little inn. Just like her grandmother, Sakura, Aoishira didn't in supernatural happenings.

One happy morning, the three were sitting at a table in the Buffett when Yuki suddenly stopped talking-an unusual happening. Aoishira had asked her what was wrong, and Yuki simply began to cry. Sakura and her tried to comfort her, but only heard soft murmurings.

Later on, Aoishira visited Yuki's quiet room. Yuki had stopped crying, but spoke in a horribly low voice. She told her sister all about the terrible dreams she had and how she would see things that others couldn't. This frightened Aoishira. Did her so-called younger sister really see ghosts? Because of this, Aoishira believed that ghosts could be anywhere…here and there and everywhere.

Believe in ghosts?: Of course.
If yes, why?: She's kind of a wuss... her sister scared her with the stories and dreams she had.
Personality: She's very timid and quiet at first, but once you stick around, she isn't afraid to speak her mind and to be harsh about it.
Anything Else: Ducks go quack.

Name: Yuki Onita
Appearance:
Click to reveal

Backstory:
Click to reveal
Yuki is an innocent young child that lives with her grandmother and sister-or, was. Yuki has seen things no others can.

One night, Christmas Eve to be exact, the girl heard knocking. "Is this just a dream? She thought aloud. Cautiously, she approached the door. There was no one there. Just a knock. Sighing, Yuki closed her door and went back to bed. When she awoke, she felt pain.

Pulling off the covers and looking down at her stomach, there was a large gash. Yuki tried not to scream, but absolutely failed. Sakura ran into her room and scolded her with a smack. Yuki winced, then realized what this was with a simple crumple of paper under her back. Sakura apologized deeply, but Yuki just read the paper:
Dear Miss Onita,
I greatly apologize for this wrongdoing. I mistook your appearance for your mothers and wondered why she was still alive. Again, I apologize.

Sakura said not to say anything and they would just eat breakfast. However, Yuki broke down and ran off after a while. Aoishira followed her without knowing. When in her room, Yuki explained everything. This marked the beginning of supernatural happenings for poor Yuki.

Believe in ghosts?: Yes..
If yes, why?: Backstory explains.
Personality: Although she is very bubbly and talkative, Yuki can be annoying, snotty, secretive, everything a toddler pretty much is.
Anything Else: Foxes actually make a ha-cha-cha-cha-cha-chachacha noise...

Grandma will be done later.
10/29/2013 9:35 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Botanist
Olly
XoXoAwesomeMystiix, you are accepted! (And add the picture soon :3)

Badgers, I love it, but I consider correcting your grammar before I accept you~ (^^)

Great, thanks. I'll have a look around for a nice picture.
10/29/2013 9:31 pm
_books
Mystiix, you are accepted! (And add the picture soon :3)

Badgers, accepted now!
10/29/2013 7:59 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Batman
Cid_of_Lufenia
Interesting.....I am going to consider applying for this roleplay.
10/29/2013 5:23 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Botanist
Olly
Name: Elivine Scott
Appearance:

Backstory: Elivine Scott is an ordinary girl. Yep, she couldn't be more normal if she tried. But, hidden deep down there in the depths of her soul... she has a secret. Elivine has the ability to see ghosts.

It all started leading up to her 13th birthday, Elivine was incredibly excited. This was the first official year that she was going to be considered independent and more 'grown up'. She decided on a selection of teddy bears for her present as well as a few other gifts. When the day came, she could not contain herself. You could feel her excitement from miles away! She named each of these teddies individual names; Maya, Chloe, Dean and Eloise.

Eventually, her life calmed down again and went back to normal. From the years 13 - 18 years old, she had no problems. She was just the stereotypical teen living life her way. However, throughout this period of time, Elivine kept these teddies locked away in her wardrobe. What she didn't realise though, was soon about to come.

It was an ordinary Friday afternoon in October on which Elivine came back from school. She raced up to her room, raring to start enjoying the weekend. But.. something just wasn't right. She proceeded to turn down her music so she could listen closer to what it was. It was a peculiar noise, I suppose you could say it was similar to a woodpecker. This wasn't a woodpecker though (or at the very least any kind she'd heard before)... it was coming from the wardrobe. Elivine crept towards the wardrobe and turned the knob ever so slowly. There, on the back of the cupboard, was an engraved message.

"Hello Elivine. How are things? I don't suppose you care about us enough to ask the same. It's been 5 years, Elivine. 5 years you've left us in here, trapped with no escape. You've made our lives hell. To thank you for this, we'd like to return the favour and make you feel the same way. Love from Maya, Chloe, Dean and Eloise. xoxo"

Believe in ghosts?: Yes
If yes, why?: This is for reasons as already explained in the back story, but to reiterate, she had this experience at the age of 18 with the teddies which have since made her believe.

Personality: Before this event, she was a fun and social girl who had a lot of friends and a lot to look forward to. But now, at the age of 28, all she has to look forward to is the day all the haunting ends.

Anything Else: I do realise the teddies aren't exactly ghosts as such, but more just spiritual beings. I hope this is okay as you can still sort of class them as ghosts in their own right. Also, I haven't roleplayed in a while so excuse me if this isn't of the highest standard.
10/29/2013 8:20 am
_books
Raagh. ;3; Might as well do my replies. . .

In a little
10/29/2013 5:49 am
Oni__
Buffet:
Asiatraveltips.com

Sounds legit.
10/28/2013 9:54 pm
_books
Yay :3
10/28/2013 9:36 pm