One Piece map(s) ~ Read the description !

Kenryuu's Avatar Kenryuu10/9/16 11:12 am
2 emeralds 478
I think the title is clear in itself, this is about making one piece in minecraft. Before saying it's not possible, I invite you to check Impel Down, Marineford, Goa Kingdom and ShellTown, which were entirely made by myself.

Pictures in case you're too lazy/whatever to go on the links :

Click to reveal

ShellTown

Goa Kingdom

Impel Down

Marineford

So, what do I want ? Building the islands of One Piece always had been a project I had, and I'm sure I'm far to be the only one. And I have the policy of doing everything I can by myself, because it's (sadly) the most efficient way of working. And while I think I'm more or less decent in general, I do think I lack seriously in one domain : decorating when building. Especially with details. While I try to do things about it, this is something I think you can easily feel when looking to my builds. Now, I do think that three kind of skills are needed to build those maps :

-Terraforming
-Building (general and details)
-Command block

First, the terraforming. It's something I feel I'm starting to be pretty decent at. So nothing to say about it. Second, building. As explained before, I think I'll need someone. Third, command block. Why ? Although it's not apparent, I'm someone who loves the challenge. Both in trying and making. And for those kind of maps, nowadays command blocks are a must. Since I'm still up to what I consider to be the basics, I'm sure that a lot of you can give me advice about it. I can always do it by myself as I've always done, but I don't think it'd be as good as it can be.

For what I have in mind exactly : making on separates maps east blue, then the paradise of grand line, then the new world.

So I'll be researching up to two persons : one that's pretty good at building, especially with details, and someone that knows a lot about commands blocks. Although for the second, I'm more seeking advice. If you're already like "would never be capable of that", don't ask for it.

But, because there's one, I don't want to exclude the others. I think it's stupid to just ask for a few people and make such a topic for it, and tell everyone else to be off. The point of this topic, beside getting up to two persons, is to talk about the maps recently done, one piece in minecraft, or even show off your work. In clear, to gather the community. To discuss, to put it short. I can also make a discord too if you're interested for everyone to talk more easily. How do you feel about it ? While I clearly don't want something half done in my work, everyone that likes one piece, minecraft, and challenge in general (because you'll see quite a bit of those with me) is more than welcome. So, people to be around with.

Side note : I have a private server that I use mostly for mapmaking. While I do not want to give away the maps I made (for now at least), I think I can sometimes use it for having you to play on it.

Note for the mods : I honestly didn't knew where to put this topic given the content of the message, but I figured I'd put it here since I want to gather people. If it seems appropriate, don't hesitate to move it.

Then again, if you have any questions, don't hesitate.
Kenryuu
Level 52 : Grandmaster Network