Help with videos sounds :-/

CaledonianKiwi's Avatar CaledonianKiwi7/11/19 5:20 am
1 emeralds 122 2
7/11/2019 8:28 am
CaledonianKiwi's Avatar CaledonianKiwi
Hey guys,

So I decided to make a Minecraft channel on YouTube so I could experience my journey with with people - I am loving it so far but my sound is what I’m having trouble with.

I use a Snowball mic and Auditions Adobe is what I use to try and help the sound. Does anyone have any tips on how I could improve this?

This is my channel so far:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe-r4S9LiYhpFwfJ78AeS3Q

I didn’t want to delete the vids and start the island again as it wouldn’t be authentic as I would have already played it before - if that makes sense?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.
CaledonianKiwi
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/11/2019 6:27 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Farmer
Sfekke
Hey, I'll just put some things here you can check & adjust if you want

1. Do you use multiple audio tracks?
    Depending on what recording software you use, this is possible.
    It'll make everything a lot easier
  2. Are you using an EQ & any type of noise cancellation?
    Applying an EQ could make an otherwise less interesting voice sound just right, it is also great practice to have a 'speaking/commentating voice' to record with; which is just you speaking louder & putting out more volume.
  3. In the Windows Control Panel in Hardware & Sound -> Sound -> Recording; what is your Blue Snowball set to when it comes to the level?
    Never had a Blue microphone, but my Samsung C01UPro doesn"t like being at 100% or below 70%, sweetspot for me is 78%
  4. Get the microphone at different distances
    I don't know what your desk looks like, or where you have it positioned; but it can make a great difference.
  5. Use a shockmount & windcap/filter to cancel out the "P's" & "S's" while also limiting the noise we can hear from your desk.
    When you move your arm, even putting it down lightly on the desk you'll hear it resonate through the micrphones stand & it'll make an overblown "thudding" sound. It's definitely worth investing in a broadcasting arm (you have options that just clamp onto your desk, others are drilled in with screws) a shockmount to cancel out those vibrations and generally a windcap does enough to cancel out those "windy letters" like P & S.
  6. At last, not sitting in an empty room.
    Doesn't sound like that's a problem in, your case but I'll mention it anyhow.
    I noticed after changing my whole room around and moving the bed out & such, I had a lot of echo.
    After getting a couch in (alternatively you could install acoustic foam) it absorbed most of the echo.

These are some things I can think of right away, if you want feel free to contact me on Discord; Sfekke#4090 :)
07/11/2019 8:28 am
Level 1 : New Miner
CaledonianKiwi
Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting back to me and spending so much time on your advice.

I only just bought Adobe Auditions, so I am not 100% sure how to use it yet - so please forgive me if I sound daft. What is an EQ? I am happy to try anything if it will help :)

I record my sound and video using FRAPS? Is there where I am going wrong? Should I record my sound separably?

I will look when I am at home at what level my mic is at - I think I may have to do some testing to see what sounds better. Its all very new and so much to think about :)

I have just bought myself a mic boom arm to put my mic on - I haven't used it yet as I haven't recorded until I can try and sort my sound. It is one that clamps on to my desk. I will see if that hopefully makes a bit of a difference.

Thank you so much again :)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome