Adiëka ~ Story (Roleplay) COMEDY DRAMA ACTIONbook

KenDoStudios's Avatar KenDoStudios12/9/20 10:37 pm
1 emeralds 74
Orange Sphere Day

  "September 13th 1988, today marks the 7th week of our voyage to America. By all reasons, we should be there in another month or so. We had better... otherwise our crew will probably eat the bark of the ship."

Noa stopped writing; the blond combed her hair with her finger, realizing she hadn't showered for that amount of time either. She thought of taking a swim in the ocean, but her fear of being alone in the water took her, like always, but it wasn't a legitimate fear. Noa wasn't afraid of the water, she was afraid that the ship would speed away, leaving her stranded in the middle of the water. She couldn't use the fire pumps, this ship didn't have any, and they just had buckets, which were for emergency purposes only. She closed her journal, and decided to go up upon the deck.
Perhaps the sea will somehow inspire her to write something besides the obvious. But what would be expected otherwise? They have seen the same scenery since day five, and after that, there wasn't anything exciting to look at. As she climbed up the steps to the main deck, she saw her first mate Butch. Butch was the first mate because Zippy was not only his wife, but he was careless. Giving Zippy the title would not only show favoritism, but it would put all the rest of the crew members in danger. "Are you taking your inventory Butch?" Noa asked.

"Yeah…" he replied. It is much better than losing in backgammon."

"Butch, what did I tell you about picking game fights with master mind Georgie?" asked Noa. "I can't help it!" replied Butch, "You'd think that a brilliant inventor like me win at least one game from that monkey faced doctor!”

"How much did you lose?" asked Noa. "-16 pips and that were without the doubling dice!" Noa whistled, "Not good… you seem to be slipping, just yesterday you had -10 pips. You can always practice from me you know…"

“Nah… it's just not as challenging… "

Noah smiled, "You always were one to get the most out of something." Noa continued up the stairs and was met with a cold mist spray of sea water. The pale king looked to the right, as the wooden ship creaked up and down from the waves. The H.M.S Hanna was the name of the ship that carried her crew across the depths of the water, it's expanse across eternity. The ship was a three mast ship, with two masts in the center and bow of the ship, and one that was the stern sail which was triangular compared to the other sails.

Noa was about to go on deck but the path was suddenly overtaken by a barrel with a person on it; she had just ducked out of the way in time before she was completely winded by it.

Noa quickly ran to see who it was that almost decked her. It was Zippy, her husband, which was not surprising. "You okay?" she asked. Zippy put his thumb up, barely able to breathe as the wind was knocked out of him as he hit. Dr. Georgie arrived very shortly down the stairs to see if he had any injures. Noa went swiftly out, in case there was any need for help she didn't want to be in the way. She headed for the right of the ship. The waves were more choppy than usual, and as the king looked over the railing, she was met by another spray of cold water, this one stronger than the last. Noa was now smiling, it wasn't a real shower liked she hoped, but it was fine under the circumstances. She started to comb her hair when she noticed William, the helmsman, was in distraught.

William was an elder looking gentleman, he was once a part of parliament once upon a time, but ever since the war, and because of various rumors he had heard, he was a sympathizer to those who were pacifists. He wore a white wig, had brown eyes, a charcoal turtleneck, brown pants and white shoes.

Noa climbed up to the deck with him and asked: "What are you doing Will?" William was obviously not expecting her, for he dropped his compass, and fiddled with his pencil. It was a minute or two before he came to give his attention. "Oh goodness!" he stated, "I was not expecting to see you up here!" he looked at the mess he made and started to clean it up. "As to what I'm doing," he started to say, “I’ve been looking at our stolen maps of this ocean, and I have no idea where we are!" Noa put her hand on her chin, and glanced thoroughly through the maps "Hmm, this is something to be concerned about. Perhaps you might have missed a few maps when you first stole them?" William pounded his fist on the wheel. "I stole every bloody one of them! Nothing was left behind, I swear it!" he replied. He looked away from Noa, William was probably thinking about simple times, of His life in parliament with his friends. But ever since he pronounced peace, he knew he was going to be an outcast, but in his heart, he knew the right answer was not war, nor any one battle.

"When and where did when did we run off the charts?" Noa asked.

"Overnight we lost our bearings, and as far as I can tell, from a westerly going. We know we cannot go back where we came from though, so we must press on from this point with unknown knowledge." William replied. With that news, Noa put two separate fingers in her mouth and was about to whistle for roll-call when Boyblue, the crows-nest lookout, said, "Captain, something appears in front of us." He paused then said "I think it's a ship." Noa was eye widened at that statement, and looked directly at Boyblue. "Can you confirm?” "No, but I bet you can." he stated. "Catch!" He tossed down the looking glass to Noa, in which Noa did not even bother to catch it, as it landed on her feet. She looked up, "Boyblue, this is the only looking glass we have…" "You are right, my bad. I'll get it, pick it up, and give it to you now, you better stand back, I'm coming down" Noa look at Boyblue in confusion. "Back up… keep going!" Boyblue directed as Noa stepped back further from the looking glass. Boyblue smiled "That’s good, now here I come!" and he leaped off of the crow’s nest, and landed on the ship, a 40 foot drop, and as he landed the entire ship dipped suddenly causing everyone to stumble, while at the same time, a board came loose to where the eyeglass as it ended, more to the side where Boyblues' left foot landed. Boyblue didn't flinch as the eyeglass was hurtling towards him, and just when it was coming down, he caught it in mid-flight, and then handed it to Noa in one swift movement. Noa looked at him in slight amusement. "It would have been faster if I had just picked it up." She extended the eyeglass in full, to look at what might be out there, "Well?" asked Boyblue. "What is it" asked William. Noa gasped, it was the most feared sight that the group, would hope, to never see…it was a German boat. (They were allied with the French). Noa slapped the eyeglass together and said quietly, "It’s a "G boat". William screamed it for the whole world to hear. "G BOAT!!!" "On decks ye should be" Amabo replied in variance, as he took to the sails.

Amabo was of the black slave division, of course he was run-away, but the group didn't mind, as long as he was looking for peaceful new life, he could be a part of the ship.

Whether his grammar though was awful, or the best, no one could say. Just enough to make his speech patterns a little mixed up. He was black skinned; he had huge ears, a large nose, a tux, and black shoes.

"If see I you slack off, get the cannon first, it will be you who will." Amabo hollered once more, as he shouted toughness to show he was raising the colors of the flag.

The rectangular flag itself was self-made over time to look like fourteen grapes in the branch with red and white stripes. The wind was not that violent, so the flag was just barely showing.

"Can we go around without being noticed?" asked Noa.

"Think so, I don't!" replied Amabo.

Noa heard a sudden shot, and she turned just in time to see leaving smoke of the other ship. It was too late, they were discovered! Noa began to give orders like a madman.

"Zippy, go to the lower decks and stay there until this is over… Dr. Georgie, follow him to make sure he gets there, and prepare to have wounded!
Bach, Mezart, William, Amabo, furl up the main sail and prepare for instruction!

Boyblue, grab a rope and prepare to board the vessel!

Superguy, Tweetsie, light a fire on the deck, make it look like we have been hit!

Reggie, Alfonso! Load the cannons and get ready to fire," he took them by the eyes and said "fire only on my order!" continuing she closed her orders with,

"Buddy, Butch, you are with me!"

Due to crew inexperience it would have taken far too long for everyone to be ready, but the will of survival doubled everyone’s movement, thus everyone was ready in the normal amount of time it would have taken any other crew.

The German Ship that was coming over the horizon was entirely encased of sheets of overlaying metal over darkened yew wood. Its Iron cladding made normal bullets just bounce off, so using muskets were useless. It was armed with double cannons, both firing adjunct each other. By the time the crew started the fire on the ship; the G boat fired into the mast and split it successfully, leaving the ploy of surrender not having the time to work. ‘Time for plan B’ thought Noa.

“Fire, Green!” Yelled Noa and the entire group moved into action. First the cannons shot just in front of the G boat so that it would have to turn away. As soon as the boat had done this, Boyblue jumped onto the G Boat to disable their cannons. But the boat did not stop turning as Noa would have hoped; instead it continued all the way around to fire another salvo on its left side onto the ship shooting down another sail. Boyblue had to improvise a plan to sabotage the opposite cannons first. When he got there the second barrel was already loaded, he had to think fast or their ship would be a sitting duck. It was a good thing Superguy taught him the danger words in all languages, because he heard the fire order in German. Boyblue punched as hard as he could into the cannons barrel which resulted in two objects going opposite of each other. The first object was the cannon; it went backwards so hard most of the entirety of the left flank of the G boat turned into a heap of dinged metal. The other object was Boyblue, having absorbed most of the impact of the cannon fire, held the cannonball casually in his right hand while falling back into the ocean. Yet in all this excitement, no body remembered to douse the flames created on the ship.

“Overboard man!” was the call of Amabo. Who with him the other three still awaiting instruction, Guarding the only sail left of the ship. Noa tossed a rope towards Boyblue's direction pulling him upwards, but something strange was seen behind him. The water was orange! Not only that, but it was also glowing. Some contaminant no doubt, but yet it wasn't eating away at the ship. The German ship right guns kept blaring, Amabo and the other left on task abandoned their stations just as the last sail flopped on the deck, she now looked at the crew with udder hopelessness their ship was now derelict, it could not move, their worst fears realized; there was no choice now… they had to jump overboard…

Looking over the ship she yelled "Abandon Ship!" and took the first plunge into the Orange-glow looking sea. One at a time the entire crew just dived overboard, there was hardly any time to get the life rafts out since the boat was taking on water. Even with the rafts, what would it matter, the Germans would just capture them and kill them for their heresy. So swimming seemed like a good option at the time. Noa was in the water now; she could see the two boats with a few yellow flashes. She began to swim up attempting to get to get air, but something was holding her down, like a great force, she kept swimming at full strength, but she felt her self sinking more to the left, "The ship!" She thought it taking on so much water must create a rift beneath the waters to create sort of a vacuum towards the ship; they would probably be back where they started in just a few minutes. Down… Down was the answer, perhaps with the help of gravity, they could escape it. By signaling he pointed down, and the entire group, confused they were, but they all started to swim down. During this process, Noa had completely forgotten about the orange glow that the water had contained, it wasn't nearly as shiny as the surface of the water, but you could still see that the sea scape was just as orange; Noah decided to look where the glow was coming from. She swum around (for she swam backwards) and saw a small orange and black glowing sphere, Noa was puzzled, "What kind of creature would create an orange glow?" She thought. She had never met one, so maybe they should be the first ones to discover it, She swam to Superguy and motioned to get his attention, and after doing so, pointing with her finger with a tilt on her head. Superguy looked then shrugged his shoulders to say he didn't know what it was either.

A bump surprised the group as they all felt it was above them, they all looked up, to see the last of the sinking ship, even Noa got a front seat at looking at the name of it one last time… "The H.M.S. Hanna". She was sad, never was there a ship that served them in their greatest needs, it was also one of the fastest ships available at the harbor as soon as they left, but apparently it not fast enough. Noa was moving again, but she was not swimming, she was going down again, this time uncontrollably. It was the ship again! But this time the massive ship moved the entire waters in its wake, the group could do nothing about it, either wait until the ship had sank all the way to the bottom, or wait till it slowed enough to escape from its void. Sure enough the ship started to slow, and with relief, the group was almost winning, but just then the ship hit a piece of stone that was sharp, which stopped the ship so suddenly it gave the group another sea push. Further and further down they went uncontrollably, Noa saw while she was turning around, forgotten until just now, was the orange sphere, they were heading right towards it! By the looks of it was not a creature, it was… land? Noa blinked to make sure she wasn't dreaming… No, through the blackness of the sea, occasionally there was what looked like land, Green grass, a waterfall, and what looked like an orange sun. As they got closer she noticed that the sphere also appeared to be shaking, small ripples around the sphere. Knowing it was too late to turn back; she closed her eyes and accepted a fate which would change her life.
When at last she opened her eyes the whole world was… Shrinking? The Earth, the sea, everything except the group and water around them, was shrinking! Orange sky took over the sea like a sudden dessert, but she felt like she had frozen in an ice cube. ‘It’s like we're being suck through a straw.’ She thought. ‘A cold, nauseating, straw would be more like it.’ But she only felt this for 5 fractions of a second before she felt the warmth of the sun and a gravity shift as her feet was heavier then what she was sliding upon. Plummeting at the end was a waterfall, beneath it were no rocks. This was the end of her trip, and it was short, so everyone exited at the exact same time they entered. Noa was the first to catch some air above the surface, and soon everyone did the same. “Is everyone alright?” asked Zippy. “We won’t be if we stay here.” Answered Superguy, “Chances are if they really want to know if we survive or not, they will be looking for survivors. Guess where they will look first?”
“Shoot! They will be right behind us, MOVE!” said Noa.

Around the landscape was just one big dessert as far as the eye could see. But it at least was not an overwhelming hot desert; it was more of a lukewarm, one not even notices kind of climate. Low hills were around so they would have to reconvene when they were not within sight of the… whatever orange thing that dropped them off. Of course, now it wasn’t an orange sphere anymore, but a blue fissure that was gushing out water, making the waterfall the crew came out of.

“Reggie did you get a count of the people?” Asked Noa, as she began running to the tallest hill in sight.
“All are accounted for, leader!” Reggie replied in his tongue which Superguy quickly translated.

“Butch, you want to give me an idea what the heck just happened?” asked Noa, as the group followed her in stride.

“Perhaps latter, when we’re not running” replied Butch, already out of breath.

“Agreed, but you will tell me!” Acknowledged Noa.

“You’re such a wimp.” said Buddy, his twin. “I could run like this all day” upon saying this though he misplaced his footing and tripped in soft sand. Zippy then tripped on Buddy just because he wanted to impress Noa by going ahead of the group.

About five running minutes away, they heard a noise coming out of it. Noa looked back to see the rest of the remaining wreckage from the H.M.S. Hanna coming out of it. The ship got smashed in the front whilst it made a funny sound as it landed. “Go, GO!” Yelled Noa, keeping the group in stride as she saw the last of her ship landing in the larger growing puddle, from which came the orange sphere.
KenDoStudios
Level 11 : Journeyman Pony