Enough of the sub-obsession already!

IndianaCrafting's Avatar IndianaCrafting12/20/12 6:49 pm
12/21/2012 12:50 pm
IndianaCrafting's Avatar IndianaCrafting
I'm getting really tired of that I don't see any quality content on the 'Last 20 Forum Posts' just these all the time:
'MY GOAL IS 200 SUBS FOR TOMORROW'
'Please subscribe my channel (goal:3,14268 subs for tuesday)'
'very very good channel, go and sub already! you won't regret it...please? go! now.'
'My sub goal is 50, currently I have 2'
'My sub goal is.........................to have one sub please I'm begging...'

(Ok, not quite like those but you got the point...it's ridiculous...)

Make quality content people, don't beg for subscribers and don't spam the whole forum with these kinda threads. Please.
IndianaCrafting
Level 72 : Legendary Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/21/2012 12:50 pm
IndianaCrafting
'Youtuber Wanting to get Big!' - Best title so far.
12/21/2012 2:04 am
IndianaCrafting
'If you didn't waste hours begging and actually tried to improve your work, you may get somewhere'
So true. I usually work about 2-3 hours to make a decent trailer for a map for example...I actually worked 4 hours (after I completely had the idea of the trailer in my head [which also took several hours]...) with the video editing software to make the trailer for my latest adventure map. Won't name it, you'll find it if you are curious enough

So I worked about 6-7 hours in total on a 2 minute trailer. I got amazing feedback on it, and that's what matters, that people like my work. I'd like to have 50 real subscribers much more than 300 that I just asked to be my sub and they don't really know anything about my content.
12/20/2012 7:48 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Artist
tricast01
LuisGoldacre
jackattack4000Since when has the forums have had any quality things?

Hush, Dollars may here you

On a serious note, if your work is good, people will subscribe. If you didn't waste hours begging and actually tried to improve your work, you may get somewhere

I've tried w/ a texture pack. People like it but i think is looks very drawn and not actual textures like you'd see in the official game.
12/20/2012 7:47 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Artist
tricast01
there are so many good things on the forums, but those spammers flood it constantly. What's so important about subs on pmc anyways, post quality content, such as, texture packs or mods. You'll get your subs from that. (unless your like me who only has seven :/)
12/20/2012 7:40 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer
MrWaffler
I don't ask for Subscribers.

I make threads for my new video Series' so that people can watch them.

I'm here to make videos for people if they enjoy them, not to get tons of subs and 'fame.'

I don't think the threads I make are anything bad or annoying. I simply link the video series' that I make to the 'VIDEOS and Channels' thread on PMC so that the video has more of a chance of being viewed/enjoyed.
12/20/2012 7:39 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Baconator
buford_III
Im a level forty with 36 subs. yet you dont see me complaining.
12/20/2012 7:31 pm
Level 46 : Master Blockhead
SilverKytten
You're preaching to the deaf. This will never change. (Unless Paril implements a new "don't ever ask for subscribers, or you're banned rule" - and even then, there will always be a trickle)
Best thing to do? Report these types of posts as spam (They're not allowed, at all, by the way), and then move on. Don't even bother commenting. Just report, and leave.
12/20/2012 7:33 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Miner
Gorillaz_101
12/20/2012 7:30 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Explorer
Zemor
creeperCarole
I'm with you on this, I think the whining for subs (here and ESPECIALLY on youtube) is absolutely annoying, degrading and POINTLESS. I, for one, look at these begging posts and think "I will never even go VIEW your youtube channel due to this."

Agreed.It seems like the forums nowadays are filled to the brim with this kind of spam.
12/20/2012 7:27 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
ahhtucker
Amen.
12/20/2012 7:24 pm
Level 40 : Master Droid
number1_Master
No matter how many blogs in life there are going to be about what subbing is, people only care about subs.

If you want subscribers, earn it!
12/20/2012 7:19 pm
Level 44 : Master Pokemon
jackattack4000
This is what I don't understand, why do people make the channel if they just want subscribers? It's not like somebody is paying them in money every time they get a subscriber, it's basically like giving yourself a pat on the back. If you're asking for subscribers, it's even worse. Why would anybody make a channel just so people subscribe to them. It won't make them famous, it's not like you see a headline on the news saying "*insert Youtuber's name here* got 1,001 subscribers by making videos of a video game"
12/20/2012 7:01 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
mommaCarole
Banana_ManHow about this... I will subscribe you if you subscribe me. Sound good?

how about "NO"

I'm with you on this, I think the whining for subs (here and ESPECIALLY on youtube) is absolutely annoying, degrading and POINTLESS. I, for one, look at these begging posts and think "I will never even go VIEW your youtube channel due to this."
12/20/2012 7:00 pm
Level 24 : Expert Dragonborn
Ashburn_boy
Nvm I subscribed
12/20/2012 7:00 pm
Level 24 : Expert Dolphin
Amaze
I agree with you, usually the people that post on these scattered forums, I admire that you see the same way I see the forums, there are the posts that people put hard work into and they'd be buried by posts that beg for you of anything and are annoying as hell.

-Amaze
12/20/2012 6:58 pm
Level 44 : Master Pokemon
jackattack4000
Since when has the forums have had any quality things?
12/20/2012 7:44 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pokemon
Luis
Hush, Dollars may here you

On a serious note, if your work is good, people will subscribe. If you didm't waste hours begging and actually tried to improve your work, you may get somewhere
12/20/2012 7:14 pm
IndianaCrafting
It does sometimes, but those quality posts can get lost easily between these annoying begging ones.

AmazeI agree with you, usually the people that post on these scattered forums, I admire that you see the same way I see the forums, there are the posts that people put hard work into and they'd be buried by posts that beg for you of anything and are annoying as hell.

-Amaze

Exactly.

creeperCarole
Banana_ManHow about this... I will subscribe you if you subscribe me. Sound good?

how about "NO"

Totally. If you ask for subscribers directly the first thing people would assume is: 'What kinda lame channel is that if you have to ASK for subscribers?'
12/20/2012 6:54 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc345949
[deleted]
12/20/2012 6:53 pm
Ashburn_boy
XD
12/20/2012 6:53 pm
Ashburn_boy
Nope