Looking for some musicians

Fureniku's Avatar Fureniku6/28/14 6:58 am
7/2/2014 3:59 pm
HawkpathAS's Avatar HawkpathAS
Hey guys.

I'm looking for a couple of people to collab on some tracks I'm going to include in my upcoming zombie mod.

The normal minecraft music is fine if you're peacefully building a house or castle, but when you're running for your life to escape the undead? Naaaaaa.

What I need is a few other people who know what they are doing. I have a HNC in music production (The one above A-level in the UK, it's a low-level university course) - sorry, but I don't want any kids who've been learning drums for 2 weeks now.
You must be able to either sequence MIDI or record live in good, studio quality. You can send me a MIDI track for anything and I can either put it through one of my decent sound engines or re-record it directly for you in my home studio.

I've got a couple of tracks written on guitar already, but could do with some drums, bass and maybe some synth stuff in the right place. I'm keeping everything instrumental for now unless you have some good vocal ideas - I wouldn't mind some screams or powerful female vocals on a couple of tracks so long as the lyrics fit a zombie apocalypse/end of the world kind of theme.

The tracks will mostly be hard rock but I'm happy to throw in some electronic stuff if it fits the theme too. Looking for between 10 and 12 tracks total.

Licensing:
You will be of course credited, but initially not paid. My mod will be behind an adfly link but that's purely to cover web and hosting costs and it usually just about breaks even so I won't get anything from it either.

HOWEVER
Once the tracks are complete, I'll also release it as a standalone album for people to buy and legally own as their own. We will work out a fair way to distribute the revenue from that to anyone who helps with writing or production.

Finally, anyone who submits decent work, we may be able to collab again in the future for other projects, so I'll keep in touch with you.

Contact
If this sounds like something that might interest you, comment below or send me a PM with an example of previous work. Sound quality doesn't matter so long as I can hear it.

If you want to chat with me in real time, jump on #silvania on esper.net and ping me (Flenix). I do not have or use Skype, so IRC is the best way to get to me.
Quick link to go straight to the channel.
Fureniku
Level 88 : Elite Modder

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/02/2014 3:59 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Engineer
HawkpathAS
Awesome! I'm going to work on adding some short spikes and SFX to the track and I'll also increase the length. How long of a track are you looking for, or does it not matter?
07/02/2014 1:43 pm
Fureniku
Yeah that's sounding great so far, I think some nice slow acoustic fingerpicking could really go well with that. Lots of reverb and stuff, I shall have a play around tonight.
07/02/2014 1:26 pm
HawkpathAS
Maybe you could even layer a guitar track over that.
07/02/2014 9:33 am
HawkpathAS
Here is the first version of an ambient track I started yesterday. Tell me what you think and any advice you have. https://soundcloud.com/hawkpath/eerie-a ... 00/s-SsPc6
07/01/2014 6:28 pm
HawkpathAS
I'll definitely try something harsher and darker. But I was also thinking, since I love producing ambient music, I could work on a dark atmosphere track. I'm not sure how your mod will work, but maybe it could play during breaks between the action? It could also be used to keep the suspense up, with sudden, sharp spikes. Just tell me what you'd like to hear and I'll work on it.
07/01/2014 6:36 pm
Fureniku
Sounds good. I am altering Minecraft's music system for a more dynamic system, so when not in combat I would like a few menacing but softer tracks.
Similar kind of style to some of the acoustic guitar tracks here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBQ8FBfhvsE

(I've got a couple of tracks taking a lot of inspiration from that, but need a new audio interface to be able to record them well )
06/29/2014 11:08 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
Xengon
I'd be glad to help out
Here is my soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/brandon-bergman
06/29/2014 10:18 pm
Level 24 : Expert Scribe
AslanGrants
I got a suggestion. I don't personally make music, but I know of a few artists make amazing stuff that could definitely set the right kind of mood. If ya wanna hear their stuff, I'll put their channels lower. I personally have used some of their stuff in a texture pack before, and I've been told it adds amazing atmosphere. These guys don't mind if you use their stuff, they don't ask for money, and all they request is you give them credit.

Krao: https://www.youtube.com/user/Kraosando/featured

Myuu: https://www.youtube.com/user/myuuji
06/29/2014 9:22 pm
HawkpathAS
Hey! I'm a digital musician and I might be able to help you out. I've never really done anything in rock and roll, but I love electronic music. I have a large array of virtual instruments (Komplete 9 from Native Instruments) and I've been working with my DAW for about 4 years (just got started back up in music a little over a year ago). Here is my SoundCloud and here are four of my best, more intense tracks in chronological order:

Blitz
Frog
Refraction (this was a WIP I never really finished, which is why there is so much clipping)
Force

One thing I want you to know first is that I am sometimes not good with deadlines, but this year I have made large strides in getting quicker and more efficient. Thanks for giving me this opportunity, and I hope to hear from you soon.
07/01/2014 6:19 pm
Fureniku
XengonI'd be glad to help out
Here is my soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/brandon-bergman

Both of you are very good producers, but you both write quite happy, bouncy pieces.
Do you think you'll be able to darken it down to fit the zombie world? If so, all looks great from where I'm standing
06/29/2014 7:48 pm
Fureniku
Bump. Got a couple of good people who are interested but I want to get some variety between the tracks so still looking for a few more.
06/28/2014 1:21 pm
Fureniku
Ashfur4everI cant help you, but PMC doesn't seem like the best way to put this idea out...

I know, and it's not the only place I'm looking. I just figured PMC would be one of the good places, because it's got a diverse community. I only really want minecraft players for the tracks, because I want it to be a fun process that they can enjoy the end product of.

As for Skype, My two reasons for using it are as follows:
1. IRC is easier. You don't need to download anything unless you want to, it's always there, and people can just drop in and speak with no prior arrangement - all you need to know is the channel.
2. I've got social anxiety and telephobia, so I can't use any voice chat, so I'd only do text chat anyway - hence point 1.
06/28/2014 9:54 am
Level 24 : Expert Ninja
EnderPvPsYT
Dayum, No skype? :/
Well, I guess I'll still help, I'll pm you later c:
06/28/2014 9:50 am
Level 27 : Expert Taco
experttacobear
Silvania Studios
I don't use Skype I'm afraid. Send me a link to some previous work?

Good to know i'm not the only person. Also, sorry but i'm not that great with that music using fruity loops stuff.
06/28/2014 9:28 am
Level 33 : Artisan uwu
Ashfur4ever
I cant help you, but PMC doesn't seem like the best way to put this idea out... also, I would recommend getting a Skype not because you HAVE to or anything, but the fact that most people use it so that's the best way to get a hold of them. sorry I couldn't help.
06/28/2014 8:41 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Explorer
Nichosaur
I don't usually work with people who don't use Skype. I'll pass on this then.
06/28/2014 8:56 am
Fureniku
Ah, typical person who believes the entire world must use Skype. Don't see what the problem is but oh well, I'm sure I can find other people.
06/28/2014 9:22 am
Level 42 : Master Fox
LuxLacis
It's just a quick and easy way to communicate, that's why many people use it.
06/28/2014 7:35 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Explorer
Nichosaur
I can help. Message me on Skype and I can help you. I use FL studios. Check my account for my Skype account.
06/28/2014 7:43 am
Fureniku
I don't use Skype I'm afraid. Send me a link to some previous work?
06/28/2014 1:35 pm
Level 1 : New Geek
jacieleavell_
I agree with your thoughts on this. A wanna be hacker told me he could easily see someones ip through their Skype name. A guy told me on my server that I had to use some sort of VoIP to be successful on my server, Ha! I disagree. Although I do use Skype now, I actually hate it. Stand you ground if you don't trust it if you don't feel it is safe for you. There are absolutely other ways to communicate. Good Luck.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome