Looking for constructive criticism and advice!

lilylocxk's Avatar lilylocxk6/12/19 4:24 pm
1 emeralds 268 5
8/6/2019 2:06 pm
Rinndominik's Avatar Rinndominik
I've been looking for a seed that spawns me directly in the middle of a lot of biomes so that I have lots of options for survival. I finally found it in 1.14.2, and it's PERFECT for building. You spawn in a plains biome, with jungle, spruce, desert, taiga, and normal birch/oak forest all within walking distance. I decided I'd recreate the world in creative too so I could do some fooling around with some builds, and I need help on how I could improve my first house build. I want to build a small town, nothing too advanced or industrial, lots of farmers and old-timers. I started with a big wheat field, and then tried to build my version of a farm house. Building it, I knew I wanted to incorporate jungle wood, because that is the resource nearest to the house. I didn't take pictures of interior, because I am not too great at interior, although I don't hate the outside. Is there anything I can do to improve this, or should I leave it as is? Did I detail too much, or can I use different blocks in certain spots? Help please!!

Also, I need to include, this entire build is inspired from TheMythicalSausage's builds on YT. I took his diagonal concept and threw in a bit of a boxy two story house with it, just my own twist on one of his designs. There's a shed attached to the house on the left side, just another one of his designs I decided I'd mesh all three together.
lilylocxk
Level 1 : New Crafter