We Could, but we never stopped to think if we Should

Da_Trixta's Avatar Da_Trixta10/10/22 11:10 am scheduled
2 emeralds 57
I have an unfinished project on the backburner for a long while, ever since Bees were added to minecraft, and I've always had an itch to just get it over and done with but my lack of artistic expertise and the feeling of never being able to perfect it would be its inevitable downfall.

So instead I've decided to open it up to the community for my own personal aid.

I've wanted to add Honey Tools to minecraft for a long time, a simple set of items the player could craft with whole blocks of honey and sticks. Simple items with a single durability point that, when broken, would have whatever broke it to stick onto its surface perminently, essentially making a new item entirely. For example if one were to break a Mud Block with a Honey Hoe, the two would fuse to create the unique Mud Hoe, a new item with a unique texture, unique statistics, and maybe even extra unique uses! I believe that due to the sudden uprise in people creating their own unique tool textures, the community would be able to band together to make my dream come true, while possibly contributing to a larger concept down the line.

I know this entire thing sounds incredibly selfish, and I am trying very hard to decieve you into thinking otherwise, but if anybody here would want to offer to have their items added into my project, I will implement the tool given with your custom textures, your statistics, your name printed right in the item description and whatever useful addition you wish to have it do (of course though, within reason, wich can be discussed). I simply feel like it has been too long without the community joining forces to do something, especially when we are seperated by things like the mob vote and combat updates.

So I just wanted to put my idea out there, maybe post the pack in a few weeks if I get 7 or so items even, and continuously update it until there are literally no more items to make or simply nobody longer cares. I have nothing to lose at this point. I've even programmed most of this thing already.

If you wish to add your ideas or textures to this conglomerate of comradery, simply ask in the discussion.
Da_Trixta
Level 48 : Master Technomancer