Final waltz (entire storey)

Burgas11's Avatar Burgas112/2/24 2:30 am
2 emeralds 59
Chapter I

The bag, by now soaken in sweat, was strewn across the waxed floor. Josh's hair sprung from beneath the bag.
His eyes flickered adjusting to the dim light, he focused on a figure 10 feet back, their eyes falling upon his uneasy state.
a second bag stuffed full of items was handed to the figure opposite josh,
"you stole the rings?" the man said staring at josh's body sprawled on the floor.

Josh picked his body off the floor and spoke.
"If i can control what people are attached to I can rule the world again!"
"This isn't about the world" the figure replied "how many people have you killed to get here, hundreds, thousands maybe!"
with that the figure rose out his chair and left the hall.
A burst of sound flooded the over-cramped hall, people had come far and wide to watch this war of the words and witness the council.
Josh pulled himself to his feet and hurried out the building whilst his boots tore up loose weeds from the ground.

"we can't go on," his assistant Ben called out.
"I'll fight the fight and win the war," he replied bowing down to reach his ankles,
"we can't run, we can't hide. Josh look at what we are an outlaw, thieves; we simply cant go on!"
Josh tugged his lace hard securing his boot to his ankle guard "we are what we are, we MUST go on,"
He reached it out and lightly placed on Bens shoulder. "i don't care if they have a thousand men or the best weapons, whatever they have its me and you vs the world,"
with that he slipped his arm off Ben and watched the pale blue sky fade to charcoal black.

Chapter II

By now the sun was hanging just above the horizon casting a orange carpet of light upon Josh's tent.
leaves were torn off the trees by the Autumn breeze.
ashes fell from the fire and onto the forest floor "Josh, why are we here?"
said Ben while carelessly equipping his wrist guards, tearing of loose skin during the process
"because the masquerade is tonight and were halfway there," he replied searching in the fresh mud for his reiper
"ben get your helm plate on and we must travel!" he exclaimed thrusting his hand forward pointing further into the woods.

their feet clinked over the mossy, overgrown stone path small rocks were launched from beneath their feet, as they trudged through the boggy wilderness.
A small cabin appeared between two trees; its wood roof seemed decayed with decades of mold.
the door hung limply by two hinges and it seemed to open itself
"what's that?" Ben asked him,
"That would be, a house? he replied puzzled. A force pulled his ankle, forcing him to lunge forward over an ominous line of stones, he ripped his reiper out its shief and wondered back to ben. A low voice called for josh, Josh readied his stance, glancing at Ben symbolizing "head out,"
Josh treaded lightly, only barely crunching leaves under his feet. Then, he cautiosly placed his right foot on the step leading to the centruy old port folio; He reached his hand out to grab the pole that held the rotten roof in place, his hand tightened round it. Heavey creaks filled the chilly air, the pole splintered and cracked the roof came tumbiling down splitting into pieces.

Josh sprinted, damaging the floor even more, and leaped over the railing balling up mid air and rolling over the wet forest floor.

Chapter III

The entire porch came crashing down making birds flee from their nests nearby. beyond the wreckage was a second cabin tucked away behind foliage.

"what is that?" Josh asked curiously, every step he took he recentered his stance ready for the worst.
Overhead a flock of collared doves scattered from the nest in the new cabins chimney, a sign of movement, Ben unshieved his epee dowsing it at the cabin.
A line of light caught josh's eye, instantly he launched his body into Bens; knocking him flat in the mud. the line of light kept going down land by bens's feet them line of light, now close, appeared to be an arrow "on the roof!" ben screamed pointing at a figure on the cabin.
without hesitation, the figure ran down the slanted roof with a sbre in his hands; he elagently fell through the air landing just by Ben and Josh.
"well well well, what do we have here?" he said raising his sabre to be in line with Josh's eyes. The figure bent his knees whil slowly pulling his head back to reveal a scar coating the left half of his face. "may the best man win," He called out.
Backing away cautiosly, Josh held his reiper behind his waist ready to parry whatever attack would come his way.

Weapons clinked together, heavy metal smashed and clothes were ripped as the three swordsmen bested in a duel.
Josh stepped back wheezing, trying to regain his breath but the figure had already leaped with his sabre pointing down ready to slice Josh in two.
Seconds before his fate Josh leaned back avoiding the newely sharpened blade by mere inches.
Josh turned his back to the man thrusting his sword backwards.
the mans chest was peirced and scarlet red blood instantly oozed out the fatal wound.
Josh placed his second hand on the hilt and pulled his weapon out the mans chest. an incision like this ended the mans life in seconds his eyelids slowly, steadily shutting; for good.

"We must clean my blade," Josh said to ben. Ben was still in shock of what happened, he had watched his friend neaarly die in the hands of an unkown man.
"it isnt your fault he died ben, what blocks our path must die," josh continued he slowly and carefully rolled up his sleeve revealing a clean slice through his shoulder Josh stared at the new mark and watched the red goo bleed out of it, "get a ban Ben," he said calmly, while seaching the wound for any shrapnel that couldve broken off when the sword hit his shoulder blade. The bandages were carefully wrapped round his shoulder, the white cloth turned red with blood instantly. "well Ben... lets hit the road,"

Chapter IV

a palace just beyond view was nestled between two mountains; but a platue of scorching hot sand blocked their path, they had stepped in to death valley.
the leather soles of the boots were lightly torn of from the yellow ember like sand. josh raised his hand raising it above his eyes to see the barren wasteland clearer, no sign of life could be seen only ox's bones coated this plain.

Before long they were hiding in what little shade they had under a dead tree, josh was already loosening his boots ready to empty all the sand out.
"you better get some water before youre brain melts," a voice said behind them; josh spun grabbing his sword the man placed his foot on the tip and said "you won't need that mate!" he continued, "i'm part of the palantis empire myself"
"how-how'd you know?" josh stuttered,
"never show your badge," he replied pointing down at the palantis crest sewn neatly on Josh's shirt.
"i'm beau, an expert archer, and you are?"
"we are Josh outlaw and spy" ben said
"lets get you two to my house by sun-down shall we?"

the trio coverd a large area as they trekked to beau's base. a small tower stuck out the ground, no larger then 2 metres, Beau slid through a vast opening in the wall; followed by josh and ben. through the crack was a ladder leading deep under the surface.

A table was coated in small figurines, the table was a fuzzy green like grass and had a blue strip in it, like a river.
"welcome to the war room" beau exclaimed by now josh had walked closer to the table, it was a map, a war plan.
beau put his hand under the table grabbing a handle he pulled the handle down hard, a bookshelf across the room slid sideways revealing a room full of weapons and armour.
beau threw his arms in the air crying "are we ready for revelation boys!"

Chapter V

they crossed the bridge over the enay river, peering at the fish swimming freely up the river.

"palantis crew, hey ben!" a women said; she was sat upon a pole adjacent to the bridge.

"what are you doing here?" she said in a thick Australian accent. "jessie, hi-i," stuttered ben. jessie leaned forward and leaped of the pole landing infront of ben and josh. "well, lets go!" josh exclaimed awkwardly.

they had reached the foot of the castle; a flight of 104 stairs was infront of them. the tips of there blades clunked against the top of there boots whislt climbing the stairs, they all wore a large jacket concealing the weapons. the gaurds had suspected nothing. and the iron doors were being opened.

ben forced a crooked smile tugging jessies through the swarming crowds of people

"gamma city" said ben, he had grown up here he knew the place so well.

a man stood upon a stand infront of the main hall, "have you changed your style josh?" he asked

"yeah-yeah" josh said pushing people aside forcing his way in, ben jessie and beau all followed close behind. after they had entered beau hurried up a flight of stairs and onto a small balcony facing the front, he pulled out his bow and was ready.

josh nodded over at him and made sure he was ready.

the man in charge stumbled over to josh's pew and said "your a special guest, sit at the front; unless your planning something" he pulled a wicked grin while saying this.

josh knew he had to be at the back, when beau shot the fire arrow the building would be ingulfed and the door was the only exit! hesitantly josh got up and followed the man to the front row. jessie looked at ben puzzlingly wandering what was happening. "we'll get out" josh told her jessie turned away and shrugged still confused.

just after the man started to talk beau pulled out an arrow from his quiver and lit it, he crouched and got steady he aimed then pulled back the bow he was jerking with nerve. he took a deep breath in closed his eyes, and let it fly.

Chapter VI

The building was instantly ingulfed in flames the pillars holding the roof up imploded, shards of splinterd wood were shot across the room. “an opening!” cried Ben while pointing at a hole in the ceiling; beaus spot was nestled closely to the exit so beau ha fled, while the other three were stuck. Josh ran and leaped onto the back board of a bench jumping off then grabbing a rafter, he pulled his body up and out the hole. He dangled his arm down so ben could grab it. Ben hauled himself out the building while josh slid off the roof and onto the ground. “jessie!” ben cried he dropped back in and grabbed her: he pulled her onto his shoulders lifting her onto the roof “i dont want to lose you” he exclaimed before getting out himself. The man in charge of the masquerade yelled out, “im the hero, I'll get you!” beau turned around and said, “you want to be a hero?” he strung his bow and loaded it, “then go out like one.” he added shooting an arrow straight into him.

They’d walked to jessies’ house by now, with the plan going perfectly. The masquerade had been eliminated. Jessie stood outside, pulling ben close behind. “you saved me,” she said “why wouldn't I? I've always known you,” they stood gazing over the hill and saw the moon rising from behind the mountain.

Chapter VII

The dreary autumn wind swirled round them. Light orange leaves were scattered over the ground. Ben arose from his tent east of the city, beau walked over saying “seen josh?” ben had only just woken up and looked round the clearing josh was not amongst the trees neither in them or falling from one trail of footprints did lead further into the mist “check his bag” ben ordered jesse appearing from behind ben rubbing her eyes “what did i miss?”

ben ravaged through josh's tent; his, sword, pick, flask and notebook were missing. a letter was hung from the guideline facing towards the footprints then opened the letter which read

The distraction must run. And adventure calls, I'm within North statues pools, You may rest atnight., For I shall finish by 9 at 3

The letter clear. Really rushed was folded and placed within bens pouch. “He's heading to mount enslowe” Jesseie looked at end worried “the north staute?” They were sat in silence. A journey further and harder than ever done before was at hand, a mission to save josh. “ill go to enay!” exclaimed beau “ill search for clues to why hes gone” they packed there ags and ran north deeper into the thick wooded trail.

Josh’s notes day 19

The face of the mountian was steeper then i excpected, i seek refuge within a crack up the western wall of the mountian. I had to leave camp, stealing jessies pen to right this down (I'd lost mine) but it will all be worth it for the rings.

Chapter IIX

Tiny bits or rubble jumbled down the clifface, the pick dug thick into the sedementry rock, a rare find above 5000ft. The twirl of proppelars gathered overheard; josh pulling the mask from his face to see the skytrail travelling east. the height ladder was dragged behind, josh leaped off the mountian, grabbing the ladder and swaying his arms to the first man he saw “ hello yarh” the sign of peace. He was up on the deck of the skytrail, the largest airship in the 27 isles, he clambered a flight of steel steps to the bridge he entered the bridge. Adjusting his collar, he half bent down and smiled “hi boss!”

Meanwhile ben was in panic he walked fast through the forest, jessie falling behind, sweat formed on his brow. Jessie paced behind ben “wheres he gone? When will he come back” ben; all whilst jogging through the dark forest replied. “he will not stop until he gets those blasted rings!” ben furrowed his brow, his fists clenching as he exitted the forest and headed north.

By the time the sun was just visible over the horizan ben had reached the northropian (nor-through-p-an)village, just west of joshs location. Jessie was inside the bar slumped over the counter her hand covering her face her eyes just drifting shut. Ben entered and took the stool beside her “one tri-thitte please” he said as he too slumped onto his chest. His head turning to face the bartender “no spice? Are yeh a southa yeh? From down the bridge yo’h know,” ban replied as he took his drink “nah i used to live up north. I just moved because of the war of the rings” “yeh i know dat’ i could tell ye’h bout it ma father was a knight he wa’s,” ben raised his hand, “hold that thought.” he placed three shillings on the counter, drank his tri-thitte and walked with tiredness to the beds upstairs. Jessie saw him stagger upstairs and followed suite.

it was dawn by then and the light of the sun had entered the room and resided on the opposite wall, ben was asleep. Rather oddly infact. His leg strewn from the duvet and his left hand covering his face, but i am to suppose with such possisan causes comfort. His shoes placed neatly beside the bed. Jessie who had slept on the floor, was stirring she hastily arose and shook ben to consoiusness. They hurried grabbing; shoes, belts, armour and their blades. Ben of which slud his epee into his shief; which rested upon his knee. They exchangd a glance saying “lets do this!”

Chapter IX

Much land was crossed that day, the skytrail was in vision. Ben plcaed his hand over his eyes and headed forward, a stop, a skystation was one nautical mile away without a second of hesitation, they trudged on.

“admition for two,” sighed the worker handing ben and jessie their tickets for the skytrail. They walked on through, and began to climb the ladder.

Upon the top they were met with a bustling city square, suspended by heluim tanks and propellor engines. Thick black smoke poured out the exhaust. The crampt houses were so close a human would have to really squeeze to get between them. The uildings of such were tall and narrow, two to three stories above the markeet. Made of wood and stone. A fountian was nestled in the centre of it all, it had sparkiling blue water prancing from the top and gracefully falling to the basin below. People with stands lined the streets, people flocked the streets and the roads were adorned with gas lamps, rising tall above the civilians. Ben and jessie navigated through the town they slid between two pillars and walked up to a gaurd “hello have a clue where the mayor honnata arrietanio is?” the person replied pointing left “through there, up the stairs, right” they nodded and walked in hat direction weaving through crowds and ally ways.

A grand estate, made of marble and brick was laid upon the front of the skytrail “we found josh allright!” they said in unison. They walked up to the building and walked on in. Cases of objects and artifacts lined the walls. Smart double doors restricted acces to certian rooms, “now how would we garuntee to find josh?” asked ben. Jessie in a comedic voice replied “running down this corridor getting chased by fire” as she pointed at him doing exactly that. He screamed down the corridor “RUN!” ben and jess took off beside him ben exclaimed “we left you for” at this point he checked his watch “14 hours, and you burnt down the poshest building on skytrail!” josh stared at him blankly and said “wait till you see the heluim tanks,” A loud bang shook the airship. Ben, josh and jessie were thrown onto the ceiling as the skytrail tipped over. “bring a parachute?” asked josh as they continued to run but this time on the ceiling. They slammed in the door and blew it off the hinges as they crawled from the building. They leaped onto a building nearby and manuveared from building to building. Once theyd run out of ground they were met with a wall of fire and a 3000 (and dropping) feet fall, both of which spelt death. Jessie dragged ben over pointing to the sky dock. “airship!” she shouted, a small schooner was sat between two more schooners. They ran over at such ludicrous speed the imminent threat of fire was almost eradicated. They started up the airship “you know how to fly one of these?” asked ben. Jessie replied “I’ll never know until I try,” the engine sputtered and smoke fumes poured out of the back.

They had escaped.

Chapter X

They were safe once again. back at the bar after the airship they piloted had crashed. Josh spoke to them. “I negotiated with my old boss, I know where the rings are” intrigued ben and jessie listened closely “they are just east of this village” jessie sighed “shame you destroyed the skytrail, would've taken us there by now,” “well better get going” said josh placing both hands on the table. They traveled like ever. Until they reached the city. the city was considerably small, but a cathedral was the highlight. such cathedral was decorated with stone gargoyles and beautiful architecture. “well I'm going to go get the rings from the cathedrals, have a look around the shops you too,” said josh as he walked down the old cobble road breaking into a run.

“lets go then ben,” “I heard there's a dance going on at the cathedral tonight, want to find a dress jessie?” replied ben. They walked over to the nearest shop and the small bell rang. In the backroom they saw a beautiful long dress in all black, with a small bow tied on the front and there was stitched roses all over it. Next door to it there was a matching suit. They purchased the items 34.5 shillings were exchanged and they walked out. They travelled up the road going in the odd shop every so often, until they reached the cathedral. Inside the cathedral there was already a man, a small man not as tall as josh, he just placed a small thing on a pew then left. Ben and jessie heard a song playing in the background, they began to dance a slow dance. The object placed on the bench, sparked. Josh came in with a little bag and saw the flames growing round the hall. Time slowed down. Ben and jess now aware of the fire still danced. Josh screamed “GET OUT OF THERE!” ben whispered in jessies ear as the fire closed in “one final waltz”
Burgas11
Level 24 : Expert Architect