Help with Command Block (using execute and placeblock)

Firefighter Adams's Avatar Firefighter Adams2/9/20 3:20 pm
1 emeralds 584 8
2/18/2020 2:19 pm
kkool05's Avatar kkool05
Need Help making this in Bedrock

Hello, I’m new to using command blocks. I’m trying to recreate some of these puzzles (see video link below). I inputted all the coding just as the video showed (minus different coordinates obviously) and it didn’t work. I created separate individual command blocks to play around with and test the wording out to try and figure out how it needs to be typed for bedrock. I’ve managed to get a command block that will spawn a gold block at a location I want by simply removing the “Minecraft:” bit before the item. However, I cannot figure out how to get the execute command to work with a campfire. I’ve already figured out that the “lit=true” isn’t fore bedrock. So I have to use 1 or 0. But I have no idea how to type this into the command block to check the status of a campfire and then execute the spawning of a block. I’ve tried for hours. I’ve googled for hours I really can’t find anything to help me. So hoping someone who is real savvy with bedrock can help me convert this. I’m sorry if I’m missing something simple. This is all new to me.
I’m currently playing on Xbox one, I’m up to date on updates and here’s the video I’m referencing: youtu.be/zumka1jGpp0
Thank you for your help.

I’ve been trying to figure this out for over two weeks now. I can’t find anything on the internet, YouTube and no one has replied to any of my posts on reddit and I’m tremendously frustrated by this point. Any help is tremendously appreciated.
Firefighter Adams
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/18/2020 2:19 pm
kkool05
I also would like to know the answer to this. All the youtube tutorials are not for Bedrock Edition and the way the code is written is not the same. Getting really frustrated.
02/12/2020 1:03 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Dragonborn
TobySuren
Ermm, a campfire isn't an entity so you'd have to use /testforblocks instead. You'd type (/testforblocks x y z x y z ~ ~1 ~) without the brackets, where both xyz's are the coordinates of the campfire and you would also have to have a lit campfire placed directly above the command block. Afterwards, to place the block, you'd use (/setblock x y z block) without the brackets where the xyz is the block's coordinates and block is the block. Bear in mind if you want to use /setblock to activate something i.e. Redstone dust or an iron door, use a Redstone block not a Redstone torch as a Redstone torch would not cause a block update to any Redstone components from my experience for some reason.
02/12/2020 6:15 pm
Firefighter Adams
I’ve also tried having the first set of coords the campfire on top of command block and the second set the other campfire...that hasn’t worked either
02/12/2020 6:08 pm
Firefighter Adams
And I do have a lot campfire sitting on top of the command block, as you had mentioned.
02/12/2020 6:07 pm
Firefighter Adams
“/testforblocks 10469 63 9771 10469 63 9771 ~ ~ 1 ~ /setblock 10467 63 9769 gold_block

is what I came up with, with your advice. It’s not doing anything when I place a lit cape fire or light an unlit campfire at the location of the first set of coordinates
02/16/2020 2:56 am
Level 32 : Artisan Dragonborn
TobySuren
I sent a message to your dm's regarding this...
02/12/2020 12:35 pm
Firefighter Adams
Bump. Still waiting for help. Anyone even use this forum?
02/11/2020 12:32 am
Firefighter Adams
Bump. Been trying to get help for two weeks now. I’m multiple Reddit’s, multiple forums and multiple google web searches and YouTube Tutorials. please anyone able to help me with this??
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome