Awful sounds on startup!

revenge_racer's Avatar revenge_racer12/27/12 10:31 pm
1 emeralds 162 5
12/30/2012 6:30 pm
revenge_racer's Avatar revenge_racer
Hi, I started using my parents' computer to play minecraft, there are no problems with the game itself, but the noise. Ohh the noise. I open minecraft, login, see mojang, and then the noise starts. It sounds like a drill, but the sound itself changes in pitch nearly every time I get on. Sometimes, very rarely the sound works, but usually the drill sound starts after a few minutes of normal sound. Sometimes there's just no sound at all. If I try to lower the volume via options, it does nothing. If I lower the volume, reset the game there is no volume, but then If I turn it up even a little the sound starts again, doesn't decrease, increase, anything. The only way to make the sound decrease is by turning down the external speakers themselves, but I'm tired of playing minecraft with no noise, and my computer has been running MC at about 0-1 FPS lately. (seriously, I can catch a screenshot if you don't believe me.) I started a blog on PMC, but I didn't get any replies. This sound is not made on other programs. PLZ help me!!!
revenge_racer
Level 43 : Master Mountaineer